• Maybe so 23 votes
    13%

(171 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

611-3 (resized).jpg
yoursign (resized).jpg
original (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I got sick of waiting and hoping so i grabbed a Tron Pro and all the mods a few months back. Such a great game!

Probably the best decision.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

For me, the lighted ramps are pretty cool and that's about it.
I much prefer playing IM and Metallica.

I believe the soundtrack is what makes people believe it's so awesome. I think the gameplay is pretty standard though.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its definitely a hot franchise, with Legacy barely breaking even, the cancellation of the third movie and cartoon and the closure of the arcade in Disney. Tough to say if they'll go with re-releasing Tron or a sure fire bet on a new franchise like John Carter Of Mars.

Tron Legacy did more than break even. It made a lot of money for Disney. When Disney made it, it was one of the few successes in a string of failures.

By the time they were making the sequel Disney had Marvel churning out very profitable movies and acquired the juggernaut of Lucasfilm. They no longer needed Tron or any of the other properties that weren't successful like John Carter, Lone Ranger, and Tomorrowland.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I do. You get basically half the ladder to SOS without even shooting for it. How often do you have to intentionally try to light Flynn, the recognizer, Zuse or Clu? If wasn't for the Gem shot being such a roadblock for many people it would be even more apparent how shallow it is.

Ok it's shallow but is that a bad thing? I can complete the mansion in TAF pretty easily and multiple times but that doesn't make the game less fun. Shallow isn't always a detriment if the game creates a good atmosphere with the sound and lighting and is fun.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Disney doesn't decide not to make more money on a success because they have other successes. If that was true they wouldn't have bothered building a Disneyland in China.

I think you misunderstood me. There are only so many dates in the year and with the Marvel, Star Wars, live action remakes of animated classics, Pixar, and animated movies there is no need to take risks on anything anymore. That's why they don't need the Tron type of movies anymore.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

If they stick with what made the original so good (great storyline and stunning cinematography) it will do fine. If they do what happens so often these days and turn it into a CGI fight fest it will bomb.

I'm not sure there is much of a storyline to Blade Runner. It took me a long time to even be luke warm to it and I think the main draw is the look of the world and lack of narrative.

There's little to no action and think a contemporary movie that is similar is Ex Machina. There is no way the new one will be like that and it will have multiple action sequences.

#89 7 years ago

Hmm... never thought of that before but I guess I'm a pin slut as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-tron-be-remade?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.