(Topic ID: 168276)

Will this be the death of mechanical pinball?

By Davidus56

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by klr650
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tech Notes (resized).jpg
    Antique.jpg
    vinyl-records-growth (resized).png
    IMG_0534 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0688 (resized).JPG
    15697174_10154776822969882_5954354284038821530_n (resized).jpg
    87750-pinsimv2_1-2 (resized).jpg
    Oculus (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    cyberwar (resized).jpg
    04c974e18d8daa1ddb301fb93ab300ec (resized).jpg
    pawculus-virtual-reality-for-dogs-cone-extension (resized).jpg
    donut flavored tequila--Ill never get another ticket ever (resized).jpg
    Just kidding about the donut flavored tequila man (resized).jpg
    tumblr_na668jZp9l1rwjpnyo3_1280 (resized).jpg
    5124200524a19b253c1a4bd87dc4534f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

No, the 500+ NOS backglasses he owns in his back room.
    This does not consider blackline artwork, lithographs, or drawings that are contained in his archives.
    He is is one of several people who have stocked shelves like Steve Engel in the old days.
    Duncan Brown is another person who I am unsure what the disposition is of some of his more rare items, just like Mike Pacak.
    There are more objects of historical documentation importance than just paper.

Hey, I'm working as fast as I can...

I have BURIED Jay @ ipdb with scans of things that there are obvious places for on their website, and a good bit of stuff they are going to have to create new places for on their website. Jay is working as fast as he can...

The ultimate long-term disposition of my portion of the Kordek archives is probably The Museum of Play at The Strong. I know this irks some people because they aren't known pinball collectors ("one of us"), but better there than at any one of the failed collector-run pinball museums of the past, or buried in Sam Harvey's house, or Pacak's leaky warehouse, or still in Kordek's mouse-infested garage, or wherever. The Strong has actual archivists, actual archival storage techniques, etc.

I know they're bummed that I've only sent them a little stuff so far (mostly the utterly non-pinball non-Williams related stuff that Steve had hoarded over the years) but I think it's absolutely critical that I be the one to triage and organize it first. I'm in the unique position of actually being able to recognize almost everything for what it actually is, and its level of significance, and the ability to contact the actual people involved for further details or clarification or if I don't know what something is I can find someone who does.

I have 3 tall, wide lateral files for the paper and they're overflowing. I'm still going through all that. I have other non-paper items here, plus a big cache of non-paper stuff stashed at Raw Thrills since Eugene has more spare space than we do here at work, and he's generously allowed us to use a little corner of it. It is my intent to complete this project before I die and someone ELSE has to make sense of MY hoard... I think I can do it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-this-be-the-death-of-mechanical-pinball?tu=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.