(Topic ID: 195926)

Will there be remakes of machines like MB, TZ, and TAF?

By Connor

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xanth68
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5031 (resized).PNG
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some are still waiting for them to remake basic parts, like ramps for games like Judge Dredd.

Ramps - if they have the molds, maybe Pinball Inc or Galaxy has them. And if they still exist. Many were left to rust and aren't usable.

LTG : )

#52 6 years ago

The possibilities are endless on remake titles. If Stern can sell a bunch of whoa nellies, Kiss or wrestlemanias, then 1000-2000 units for a classic NIB Bally/ Williams is doable. There definitely is a market for NIB classics, I'm in.

#53 6 years ago

TAF is my bet. Still huge demand for the game and most of the games out their are in a right old state.

Cheers,
Neil.

#54 6 years ago

I will fakkin click "add to cart" if they offer TAF NIB..........

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I will fakkin click "add to cart" if they offer TAF NIB..........

You mean, after it's produced and ready for sale...and you've played it a few times....

#56 6 years ago

If they remade either TAF or TZ, it won't sell for AFMR or MMR prices. Much more going on in both those games. I would guess 10k would be the price point.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If they remade either TAF or TZ, it won't sell for AFMR or MMR prices. Much more going on in both those games. I would guess 10k would be the price point.

BOM must be higher on TZ than on AFM for sure. But $3.5k higher? Seems improbable.

#58 6 years ago

$$$$ to be made, you can bet on it!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

BOM must be higher on TZ than on AFM for sure. But $3.5k higher? Seems improbable.

Extra mini pf, 4 magnets, the gumball machine, clock, under pf ramp, larger plastic ramp, diverter, wide body, etc...way more than AFMR.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Extra mini pf, 4 magnets, the gumball machine, clock, under pf ramp, larger plastic ramp, diverter, wide body, etc...way more than AFMR.

Sure, but $3.5k more? Can't be that much or they'd never have made it to begin with!

#61 6 years ago

I think White Water is rapidly approaching remake potential since the price of a decent one has skyrocketed over the last couple of years. Super fun game and a keeper in many collections.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ramps - if they have the molds, maybe Pinball Inc or Galaxy has them. And if they still exist. Many were left to rust and aren't usable.
LTG : )

aluminum does not rust luckily

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sure, but $3.5k more? Can't be that much or they'd never have made it to begin with!

Different time back then compared to now with sales. No Stern has even come close to either TZ or TAF in terms of sales.

#64 6 years ago

MB definitely, TZ and TAF maybe.

#65 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of EBD.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

aluminum does not rust luckily

But it does corrode. Also, some aluminum aloys contain iron that will make the final product rust.

4 months later
#67 6 years ago

I would be 100% for a NiB TAF. Hell they are so hard to come by under 6k, heck people are "trying" to sell them for 7-8-9k as I type this.

Dummy me I bought TAF in 1997 for $2300 and sold it 2 years later. I should have never let it go,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 180.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-remakes-of-machines-like-mb-tz-and-taf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.