New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273028)

Would you want an App for the Adjustment Screen

By BigT

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Stones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

With the games now coming with WiFi, I would like to have an app that allows me to change the settings without having to open the coin door. If I want to check a coil I don’t have to mess with the interlock switch. Same with adjusting coil power on troughs and VUKs. I could see many other possibilities.

Make it password protected. Also have an option to disable the feature.that can only be accessed in the coin door menu.

#2 3 months ago

I like to physically dig around in the games. The tactile nature of pinball is what sets this hobby apart for me.

Personally, I wouldn't download the app because eventually it would strip out that connective element from the games at some point.

I work in IT and am not a luddite. Just let me unplug every one in awhile (as I post this on the internet).

#3 3 months ago

I think it would take more time than it's worth for me personally.

#4 3 months ago

While I would prefer the effort be put into code updates and game play features, this is a neat idea. I like the idea of opening Stern Game Hub, or JJP Game Hub, and seeing if I have the latest game code and browsing settings for all of my games. Universal settings would be cool. No matter what, I want Free Play, no attract sounds, etc. across every Stern game I own. A searchable PC interface would be great to look for settings. There are so many options now you really need to have the PDF open to make adjustments.

#6 3 months ago

I was going to say no to this idea, never liked the thought of internet connected pinball
    but I could see merit in this idea for when trouble shooting problems, with the playfield up, you could then use the diagnostic menus to check for switch issues, or fire soleniods or flashers

1 week later
    #7 3 months ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I was going to say no to this idea, never liked the thought of internet connected pinball
    but I could see merit in this idea for when trouble shooting problems, with the playfield up, you could then use the diagnostic menus to check for switch issues, or fire soleniods or flashers

That would be huge. Checking switches with pf up is a real pain in the balls. I think this has some potential as an app

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,999.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.95
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside