• Latest reply 6 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

When I asked someone important at Stern about an update, I was told, "yes".

However, as senior as this source was, it wouldnt be the first time to be wrong......

#52 6 years ago

Interesting to see all the negativity lately and its focus. IMO it was obvious from the start where to set expectations and what to reasonably expect. The super great coders are known and even then they don't always hit it out of the park. GB is around where I expected it to be. Wanting more is universal human nature, but expecting more is often fraught with disappointment. Try not to set oneself up for disappointment.

I wish the best for all owners; it's a highly rated pin!

#53 6 years ago

Given Ghostbusters will be in the Stern pinball arcade video game, one would think they would want it polished and complete. I guess time will tell...

#54 6 years ago

If the code is good enough for owners who have paid up to $8000 for the game how would it not be good enough for pinball arcade? Seriously??

Also I have no doubt there will be a code update to fix bugs and maybe (hopefully) complete unfinished modes (AYAG) but any adding features (multiballs, gear modes, slimer, etc) I just don't think is going to happen. Because it is already behind schedule likely Star Wars is going to launch with limited code and is going to keep important resources focused on it for awhile.

If people don't like GB code enough to stop buying NIB then they will simply move production to MET, AS, BM66, SW or whatever else is selling.

It's not hard from a business standpoint. If you don't like my apples then just buy my oranges. Those who bought apples. Eat them! Now "how do you like them apples"?

#55 6 years ago

The code situation with GB is making me consider a pro version versus a premium. I thought that more animations would have been added to the Ecto Goggles, some other things would have been done with the magna slings and that the extra movement of the slimer mech on the premium would have been taken advantage of with code (hit slimer then he moves to a new shot for example).

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The code situation with GB is making me consider a pro version versus a premium. I thought that more animations would have been added to the Ecto Goggles, some other things would have been done with the magna slings and that the extra movement of the slimer mech on the premium would have been taken advantage of with code (hit slimer then he moves to a new shot for example).

That would be a big mistake in my opinion. Nothing wrong with the pro model, but the subway ramp and magna slings alone make the premium worth the extra money. I was set to buy a pro and once I played a premium I knew that I had to have it and that it was worth the extra money. By the way, im not a premium/LE guy either, I am a pro guy. GB Premium is awesome, its the best game in my collection IMO.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry but WYSIWYG. Dwight said back over 6 months ago the code was finished.
For those that are super happy with the code as it is. Good for you. Those that aren't I suggest selling before May the 4th. Those looking to buy new, don't unless you are super happy with the current state of the code
Stern doesn't care if things aren't implemented such as super wizard modes that only 1% of players can get to anyways. They sell as many as they can and then move on to the next title. Keep selling until sales slow down and then stop and move on. 4+ releases per year can they really spend time/money on old ones?
Good luck to all. Likely most already know what I did as I have been posting my opinion on way too many of these similar forms already. So so sad ...

Dwight said that he can't say anything but that the code is complete at CA Xtreme. He said this is Sterns policy on all games that are currently being produced. He explained it as if he was walking across the street and was ran over that the code would be complete as it always is considered complete.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Dwight said that he can't say anything but that the code is complete at CA Xtreme. He said this is Sterns policy on all games that are currently being produced. He explained it as if he was walking across the street and was ran over that the code would be complete as it always is considered complete.

EXACTLY!! Stern is the boss... boss says complete so code is complete. All these comments are pointing at the same thing... done.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

EXACTLY!! Stern is the boss... boss says complete so code is complete. All these comments are pointing at the same thing... done.

Yes Stern is the Boss for sure. It's Gary's company so he can run it how he wants and the programmers are nothing but employees that do what they are told. I don't really think the code is all that bad on GB truthfully. I still believe though that we may see one more code update somewhere down the road.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I think you're misreading his post. He was saying Dwight *has* to say the code is currently complete, whether there are plans to revisit it or not.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No, not what I was trying to get across at all. The code is not necessary done. The point was that all programmers have to say the code is finished officially whether it is or not when asked.

#62 6 years ago

yikes! hope it wasn't a mistake to pickup the LE.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

It wasn't a mistake trust me. GB LE is an awesome game. You are going to love it.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

never mind... tired of bitching of how bad GBLE and the GB unfinished code is.

Good luck to everyone. I am moving on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-another-gb-code-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.