• Latest reply 6 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I love the game as it stands, but feel there is so much more they can do with it, more multiballs, ecto animations ect. Here's to hoping.

#2 7 years ago

Yes. Are you a god and librarian are not in yet for example

#3 7 years ago

I sure hope so and that they are substantial updates that expand on existing gameplay.

Right now the extra movement of the premium / LE slimer mech is not utilized at all in terms of rules integration. It would be great to see Slimer move to one spot, stay there, and then require to be hit which would then make him move to another shot.

Also, the Ecto Goggles are underutilized. It would be nice to see more animations / effects for this toy.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I love the game as it stands, but feel there is so much more they can do with it, more multiballs, ecto animations ect. Here's to hoping.

Enjoy hoping.

#6 7 years ago

I think we will see additional updates for GB at some point. I bet Dwight has a full plate right now (as all of their employees do). Be patient.

#7 7 years ago

It will come, just a matter of time - the code is really good they just have a few things to finish up

Id like to see a few more ghosts on the goggles as well maybe a few more from the movie like the one that spooks the librarian etc.

#8 7 years ago

i hope so, we came we saw really needs to be changed up.

#9 7 years ago

There are also some bugs that need to be ironed out. For example, Tobin's Spirit Guide doesn't always properly award things.

#10 7 years ago

Good luck to you GB guys. Us GOT guys have been waiting over a year for our update. I hope stern gives Dwight the proper time to address both games.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good luck to you GB guys. Us GOT guys have been waiting over a year for our update ...

What about us GB and GoT guys?

#12 7 years ago

Nope.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good luck to you GB guys. Us GOT guys have been waiting over a year for our update. I hope stern gives Dwight the proper time to address both games.

Hasn't Dwight also said he would like to polish and debug ST, clearly Dwight, Lyman and co are unfortunately not getting the proper time they need.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn't Dwight also said he would like to polish and debug ST, clearly Dwight, Lyman and co are unfortunately not getting the proper time they need.

Unfortunately, it seems like Stern gives these guys virtually no time in between games to debug and tweak the code. Lyman's games tend to get finished, but I have a feeling much of that is done in his own spare time.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, it seems like Stern gives these guys virtually no time in between games to debug and tweak the code. Lyman's games tend to get finished, but I have a feeling much of that is done in his own spare time.

That certainly seems to be the general consensus. It's often said that Lyman finishes his games by taking one home and doing it in his spare time, which he shouldn't have to do but I am personally very greatful that he does that as it's lead to some of my all time favourite games.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What about us GB and GoT guys?

You know Stern's M.O. and you still bought them. If you buy new pins, you know you're getting an incomplete vision that may never be finished. It's on us at this point. If we give them money for prototypes, just accept you're getting a prototype.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You know Stern's M.O. and you still bought them. If you buy new pins, you know you're getting an incomplete vision that may never be finished. It's on us at this point. If we give them money for prototypes, just accept you're getting a prototype.

Ghostbusters is pretty solid as is IMO. It's not like this is a lacking pin in the code department and I don't think it's finished in its current state. Let's not drag GB through the mud as the game is a blast to play.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Ghostbusters is pretty solid as is IMO. It's not like this is a lacking pin in the code department and I don't think it's finished in its current state. Let's not drag GB through the mud as the game is a blast to play.

It's been dragged for a while now and thoroughly covered in mud. Is that mud? It's brown...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In my defense, I didn't purchase either my GB or my GoT NIB ... And for the record, I won't purchase any game unless I am happy with the code as it stands. The only exception to this rule is if it's a Lyman game.

#20 7 years ago

Nada and it's really ashame that there were no significant updates for this game since inception. Dwight did a killer job on got and ghostbusters code is well just ok at best

#21 7 years ago

The one thing we have going for us is that I think GB is a very good seller for Stern. Perhaps this will add some incentive for them to follow up on the code.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

On a side note...
GB will be the new KISS in a year
Threads full of idiots who knew better but still bought an incomplete game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/40#post-2912337

GB sales were likely affected by the PF issues & their own factory delays & I'd bet future GB sales will likely be affected by the new LCD, Aerosmith, Elvira & Star Wars.

Wonder if that will have an impact on GB code?

You guys really think GB is selling like hot cakes? I don't know if I believe that.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The one thing we have going for us is that I think GB is a very good seller for Stern. Perhaps this will add some incentive for them to follow up on the code.

Or - that's a reason not to do jack. If it's selling well despite its flaws, why spend any more resources on it?

#24 7 years ago

It's the one year mark for GB and it's fun as it stands. I agree that some tweaks and additions could really put it over the top but I don't think Dwight is done with this. He banged out some pretty complete code at launch. I believe the updates are smaller up to now because the code was solid when it launched. That doesn't mean that it's done.

In addition, a lot of suggestions that where being made about code in some other threads where clearly taken into consideration and implemented in the past code updates (mode progression being the big one). If your looking for some new code don't shy away from posting suggestions and don't read too much into the negativity. I realize that nobody knows for certain what will happen but I also have to believe that these guys that write the code on the machines that we love want to finish off their masterpieces when time allows.

#25 7 years ago

Will there be another Pinsider that starts their own GB code thread after this one?

1 week later
#26 7 years ago

For a guy that HATES Ghostbusters so much, you sure do post in all of the Ghostbusters threads a lot. That's kind of weird if you ask me.

#27 7 years ago

Code,code.code,GB is much more finished than my B66! Aerosmith buyers are already crying that its a bare bones code release like B66! At least we GB owners are at 1.13! Appropriate number for a ghostly code:)They better get finishing B66 soon,and I.d also like a GB upgrade as well!! Good luck to us all!!!

#28 7 years ago

My guess is there will be another big code update by the end of April, as Ghostbusters is expected to be released on Stern Pinball Arcade by then. I doubt they would include an unfinished game in SPA that would require future integration with new code.

#29 7 years ago

It would be great to see another GB update that adds more content, owners or not new code that adds more features and polish is awesome for any title. Aerosmith has pretty solid code so far thanks to its release being delayed so hopefully Dwight is getting a little time to finish up GB code for everyone, fingers crossed.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It would be great to see another GB update that adds more content, owners or not new code that adds more features and polish is awesome for any title. Aerosmith has pretty solid code so far thanks to its release being delayed so hopefully Dwight is getting a little time to finish up GB code for everyone, fingers crossed.

Agree. The code as it stands is pretty polished as the last couple updates have been mainly bug fix type updates. Now I hope that the game gets at least a couple more updates (or 1 big update) that expands on existing gameplay.

Hopefully we see more callouts added, more animations added to the Ecto Goggles, code to take advantage of the premium slimer mech movement and new modes such as "Are you a God" added.

4 weeks later
#31 7 years ago

I'd like to see one more update since this is Sterns coolest game ever! It's pretty great though right now so even if we didn't get another one I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.

#32 7 years ago

I'd like to see the gear awards more involved in the game as well as some variety to the captive balls on the left instead of just a hurry up all the time.

#33 7 years ago

Why don't we just ask Stern? I'll call tomorrow.

There's always room for improvement but I'm actually good how it is today on my premium.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'd like to see the gear awards more involved in the game as well as some variety to the captive balls on the left instead of just a hurry up all the time.

That whole left section of the playfield is underutilized in the current code.

#35 6 years ago

don't the left captive balls light lock and light playfield multipliers? those are huge.

i agree the gear doesn't seem to do much.

also, is "are you a god?" mode implemented? it's referenced on the scorecard but i've never seen any mention of anyone getting to it.

#36 6 years ago

In league last night, a player got a special but was never awarded it. It went on to the next player. I'm hopeful they will fix some of the bugs and polish it up. Please, please, please?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

In league last night, a player got a special but was never awarded it. It went on to the next player. I'm hopeful they will fix some of the bugs and polish it up. Please, please, please?

a Special is a free game, not an extra ball. (extra balls are usually disabled in competition anyway)

#38 6 years ago

I've never tried competition mode on my GB or GoT. Does it remove the randomness from the pop bumpers?

#39 6 years ago

I've rarely seen such a wishy-washy thread before. Asking for code on one hand then saying, '...but it's good enough no pressure'. Say what?! Absolutely a marquee title like GB needs another drop. Let's keep a united front and wake Dwight up from his slumber!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Yeah, just call them up. Let us know how that works out.

#41 6 years ago

well, as i've said on the other thread, i got fresh news from the "man" itself
than no, he's not working anymore on GB as busy on the next one, and yes actual code as to be considered as final
btw, may be later if...

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, as i've said on the other thread, i got fresh news from the "man" itself
than no, he's not working anymore on GB as busy on the next one, and yes actual code as to be considered as final
btw, may be later if...

Bummer. It's certainly not Dwights fault but rather Stern management by not giving programmers more time to work on code. To Stern management the code is good enough...

GOT, GB and AS were all released fairly code complete at launch compared to the state of code at launch for other games. However, more code to expand on gameplay could have been done with all 3. I think this will be the new norm at Stern (except for Batman 66 which was rushed) and is basically another form of cost savings.

Sadly I don't think we will see the same code depth being offered in new Stern titles as was offered with many of their past releases.

#43 6 years ago

Sorry but WYSIWYG. Dwight said back over 6 months ago the code was finished.

For those that are super happy with the code as it is. Good for you. Those that aren't I suggest selling before May the 4th. Those looking to buy new, don't unless you are super happy with the current state of the code

Stern doesn't care if things aren't implemented such as super wizard modes that only 1% of players can get to anyways. They sell as many as they can and then move on to the next title. Keep selling until sales slow down and then stop and move on. 4+ releases per year can they really spend time/money on old ones?

Good luck to all. Likely most already know what I did as I have been posting my opinion on way too many of these similar forms already. So so sad ...

#44 6 years ago

Heard that Dwight was done with GB unless there were scoring issues of bugs. I finally reached WARTBY and that mode is a hot mess of scoring nothingness, hope that makes it an issue that will be addressed..

#45 6 years ago

Yeah after this I sold mine after holding on for 9 months or so. Yup real real bad and worthless. Also stacking multiballs and then Mass hysteria multiball starts, reverses flippers and ruins the whole party.... so so bad.

IMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPG

IMG_3065 (resized).JPGIMG_3065 (resized).JPG

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Also stacking multiballs and then Mass hysteria multiball starts, reverses flippers and ruins the whole party.... so so bad.

This. If you want to have a reversed flipper mode in the game, fine. But make it a standalone mode. It's just stupid to have it wreck other multiballs.

#47 6 years ago

I really hope stern addresses the code issue on this and other titles. Many of my home customers are aware of code issues and read these forums. Many are disappointed in these issues myself included. This will affect future sales and shouldn't be ignored by stern. Jjp seems to have some solid machines code wise and is the example which should be followed. If stern continues with this I know myself and others will buy elsewhere.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

There's always room for improvement but I'm actually good how it is today on my premium.

Because code is the last thing Stern will talk about.
I think it frightens them. It is like a part of their business they wished did not exist, and they hide it in the corner.
But if by some miracle you get a any reply other then "Stay Tuned" for God's sake post it here.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Jjp seems to have some solid machines code wise and is the example which should be followed.

It took years for WoZ's code to be where it is today. GB hasn't been out a full year.

Hopefully, something will come with a couple small fixes, but in reality it's fairly complete. Much more complete than other Sterns at the same age.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I really hope stern addresses the code issue on this and other titles. Many of my home customers are aware of code issues and read these forums. Many are disappointed in these issues myself included. This will affect future sales and shouldn't be ignored by stern. Jjp seems to have some solid machines code wise and is the example which should be followed. If stern continues with this I know myself and others will buy elsewhere.

I know I fall into that group. Just played GB tonight and I lost all the time on looping supers because I was in the video mode. I don't want this kind of stuff with an 8k machine. I don't even care about Star Wars until the code is good. It doesn't have to be crazy, because I think GOT is awesome, but it should address issues and some fair buyer concerns.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-another-gb-code-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.