38%
  • Maybe So 46 votes
    18%

(252 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-898.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Not likely at all.

If it's going to happen, it will be announced in the next 3 weeks.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That announcement would be a shocker to me. Buuuuuut....Gary has been misleading and secretive before.

I don't think it will happen.

But if for some reason Stern suddenly thinks it was a huge mistake to not run a Premium version, it would be much smarter to announce the Premium before the LE's are shipping than later.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

From our side of the fence yes. From a silent partner at Stern looking to make profit based on sales, no it doesn't.
Sell out LE's and punch out a lot of pros. THEN, gauge interest later for a potential premium.
But--avoid premium hassle to begin with and just offer 2 flavors. Avoids resale distress in market for folks looking to not lose money on re sales.

LE's will be "sold out" to distributors whether there was a Premium version or not, so I don't see this as being the reason to not release a Premium.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that they will make a premium.

Funny, because the more I think about it, it makes less sense to me that they will make a premium.

Stern did their market research. They didn't feel there would be enough demand to justify a premium. If you consider that the sales of the premium version of ST and Mustang have been low, and Avengers before that, it doesn't surprise me that they decided to forego a premium on this one.

The only Premiums that seem to have sold well for Stern so far is AC/DC and MET. Stern knows these figures better than we do obviously. Something led to their decision not to do a Premium version of TWD.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If this is true then why didn't they do a Tron Premium before doing several more runs of pros. I don't get it.

Stop with all this logic!

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Honestly, I think it's because too much time had passed and an attempt to run Tron as a Premium would have came across as a greedy cash-in. For TWD Premium it would just be a cash-in as long as they don't wait years' down the line to announce it which would really make LE owners angry.

This doesn't make sense to me.

One group of LE owners would be rightfully pissed at a later announcement of a Premium simply because of the amount of time that has elapsed, while the other group of LE owners can't be upset because not as much time elapsed?

How is one scenario more of a "greedy cash-in" than the other?

I really don't get this one at all.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always thought it would be the pro owners that would be pissed.

That too!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are probably less Mustang Premiums & LEs in existence than most games' LEs!

Agree.

And this is going off topic, but....it makes me wonder what the value of Mustang LE will be in the next year? I mean I don't think demand is going to be very high...but it seems that supply might be very low, which means it might not drop as badly as pins like AVLE have?

#95 9 years ago

Yes it would.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

What's the matter, RobT? Are you sill upset with me for calling you out on selling your Star Trek before a major code update drops?
Or are you still pissed that I correctly called the release date for the new Star Trek code, when you were telling all of Pinside that I had no idea what I was talking about?
What is it RobT? What's the root of your insecurity? We're all waiting.......

This is like the third or fourth time that you've said this.

Why would I be upset that you posted that I sold my STLE when I was the one that told everyone here that?

Do you think that you let out some nasty little secret that I was keeping or something?

How strange can you be?

#100 9 years ago

Strange? I wasn't claiming I revealed you sold it, just that it was a premature.

Yes, premature, a subject that you know a lot about.

They have a pill for that.

#102 9 years ago

Even better, they have a pill for your limp dick.

Oh my God.

Are you like ten years old?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-a-twd-premium-yes-or-no?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.