Topic poll

“Will There Be a Tron Vault?”

• Vault is extremely unlikely to happen 52 votes
    60%
  • Vault is a strong possibility 35 votes
    40%

(87 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Ok ok I know this topic has been hashed over and over again like a wet horse with a noodle, but serious question. I’m about to sink a sizeable sum into a nice HUO Tron LE that’s been on my wishlist like before they even invented dirt. Would hate to sink my life savings (not really) into this sweet game only to have a vault come riding around the corner like friken donkey kong jr on a buffalo. So what y’all think?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Would hate to sink my life savings (not really) into this sweet game only to have a vault come riding around the corner like friken donkey kong jr

Please buy it so that the Vault will be released the day after and we can put this to bed.

#3 4 years ago

Tron is a reasonably inexpensive game to manufacture, and the secondary market is still very strong with inflated prices. Plus, Disney will license anything. All indicators suggest it would be a positive investment by stern with minimal complications or obstacles. Therefore, I expect it will happen. I’m hoping it comes with daft punk miltiball, personally. But I have no secret inside knowledge that anything is imminent. Donkey Kong jr has not mounted the Buffalo at the moment.

#4 4 years ago

Personally I don’t think this is going to happen anytime soon, Stern know this would sell and Gary loves money yet Stern still haven’t done it? Doesn’t add up if they where going to do it surely they would have done it by Now?

Buy the LE and enjoy it that’s exactly what I did, brought a NIB LE a couple years ago with zero regret!

#5 4 years ago

Outside of people already in the hobby who would actually be buying this?

Prices for second hand Tron machines aren’t ‘that’ high in comparison to other machines so is demand really as high as pinsiders seem to think.

#6 4 years ago

Easily a top 5 most repeated ask on Pinside. Nothing has changed, and with certain aspects (DP, lit ramps, all LE features in a vault) they never will. Buy the LE available that you've always wanted (fewer and fewer in the world) and enjoy it.

#7 4 years ago

Yes, the Vault is coming...
No, they will never Vault Tron...

Who cares. Tron is a great game. While I owned one for 7 years, the value went up and down. It was funny how I’d see some ads for NIB games, and then a new run (Vaults used to be called “another run”). The price would drop, then slowly climb back up. Meanwhile I’d be happily playing my Tron. That was repeated a few times, but by then the price of the new one was higher. And then Tron went way up, and I never cared, because I was playing Tron. But then it happened, I kind of stopped playing Tron after 7 years, and moved on. My Tron left a couple months ago, and the new owner is playing it like I used to.

My point is that if you want a Tron, get a Tron. Nobody here knows if it will be Vaulted sooner or later. We can’t make the decision any easier. And if a Vault hits and drops the value, who cares. You will be happily playing a game you have wanted for a long time. And then years from now when you’re done, the value will probably be back up. All the while you will be having fun.

#8 4 years ago

If you want a Tron, go buy one. Can’t wait for what might or might not happen- only way you’re gonna be playing a tron is to go buy a used one. Of course there still are a couple nib around. It’s pretty simple- if you want one, go for it, it’s your money. Buy what makes you happy

#9 4 years ago

Even if there is a vault, it will not top an original Tron, and it will not have the lighted ramps everyone hopes will be there.
Stern has repeatedly stated that feature will remain exclusive to the LE.

MK6 and Dave H could not be more correct.
There are Trons out there.
If you want one - get one.

#10 4 years ago

Seems like STERN has moved past SAM games with that last run of Star Trek... so unless they decide they really want it and port the game to SPIKE (which is a ton of work I’m sure) it doesn’t seem likely.

#11 4 years ago

I think eventually it will happen. Most likely after all of the speculation dies down. So if you want it to happen, quit the freakin new threads of speculation so they can release the game already!! Spiderman vault was ready to go and they waited over a year to release because they had a ton of new games in the pipe line and it took that long till they had a 90 day wondow of nothing new coming to get it out. Get rid of the threads about this and wait patiently. Save your money...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

Donkey Kong jr has not mounted the Buffalo at the moment.

I can't believe I wasted my time looking at another Tron vault thread. But it was worth it just for this. I have no idea what this means. But it made me laugh.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Seems like STERN has moved past SAM games with that last run of Star Trek... so unless they decide they really want it and port the game to SPIKE (which is a ton of work I’m sure) it doesn’t seem likely.

This is why Tron and LOTR will never happen. Stern is 100% spike going forward and they won't port older games over to it to run a few hundred.

#14 4 years ago

You should never wait for the right time. That will never happen. Make now the right time.

Get the game and enjoy it.

#15 4 years ago

It's about time someone asked this question.

#16 4 years ago

I’m going to do it! It’s mine, my precious

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m going to do it! It’s mine, my precious

Ummmm, wrong quote... but welcome to the grid!!!

“Some things are worth the chance”

“Out there is a new world! Out there is our victory! Out there is our destiny!”

#18 4 years ago

They’ll probably release it when the Tron roller coaster at Disneyworld opens.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

But I have no secret inside knowledge that anything is imminent. Donkey Kong jr has not mounted the Buffalo at the moment.

At least you’ve cracked their top secret code words though.

#20 4 years ago

Maybe but probably no time soon. 2020 at the earliest, maybe never.

As others have said, if you want one...purchase one. Go for pinball Love, not collecting or resale...it is a great game. A real pocket rocket!

#21 4 years ago

I believe Tron pinball will be reintroduced as the 1982 version not Legacy. They can update the artwork package to reflect it with keeping it the same physical game layout. If on SPIKE or whatever platform at the time, I'm sure they will have a larger LCD display etc. This would also be a great way for them to have 3-4 tiers of this model Home Edition, Standard, Premium, New Limited Edition. I agree with another poster in this thread that the timing of this would make sense for it be introduced right around the same time as the Tron Coasters in both Disney Land & Disney World's (50th anniversary which would be 2021)

I'm going to say 2021 for Disney World's 50th is when we will see Tron's on the Stern line again (albiet likely a new/old '82 version)
It's also possible that it could be in 2022 as that would mark the 40th Anniversary of the original film. (which would be the Comic Con release of summer of 2022)

It's also been mentioned that Disney's Tron Legacy wasn't that well received especially in terms of earnings however they have lots of movies already in the pipe line from Star Wars, MCU Phase 4 etc... Who knows Tron 3 could still happen. I'm going to say in some shape or form a Vault Edition or revamped Tron some type of Tron will happen in 2021 or 2022.

2020 December does mark Legacy's 10th Anniversary.. which would be the "Holiday season pin" next year.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is why Tron and LOTR will never happen. Stern is 100% spike going forward and they won't port older games over to it to run a few hundred.

TRON vault may not be made, but difficulty of porting the code to spike won’t be the blocker. Code is typically coded in a very modular fashion, and the spike device driver libraries and APIs are already developed. Decent coders can port the code without much difficulty and I am assuming the coders at stern are professional competent developers.

They can port the code to spike if they wanted. Do they want to do a vault or not is the real question.

#23 4 years ago

Let’s talk about it! Different theories than last month plz

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I believe Tron pinball will be reintroduced as the 1982 version not Legacy. They can update the artwork package to reflect it with keeping it the same physical game layout.

It would be a total disaster to lose Daft Punk’s music. Stern is not going to do an original movie Tron. I just can’t see them thinking it’s a good idea.

#25 4 years ago

A local Stern distributor is selling his Tron Legacy. I’m assuming that a Tron Vault will be announced soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82490

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A local Stern distributor is selling his Tron Legacy. I’m assuming that a Tron Vault will be announced soon.

That’s quite a stretch. Hoping you’re right though

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I saw that and wondered the same thing. I am buying a Pro right now so have switched to the I hope they never vault it it camp.

#28 4 years ago

If they are releasing Got again.....they are definitely going to do a TronVE

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

If they are releasing Got again.....they are definitely going to do a TronVE

I don’t see the correlation?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don’t see the correlation?

I think there is a lot more demand for Tron to be reran versus Got. I love Got, but there hasnt been any Got speculations on vault editions.

So I think if they are going to do just a small run of pros with Got, I bet money they will do another Tron run. Wouldnt stop from buying the Tron LE version though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-there-be-a-tron-vault?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.