Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wiggy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

My order from BAA shipped on 1/20 to Florida and it still has not left California yet. USPS is the biggest joke going...any other business that loses billions annually would have been shut down years ago. They have been shipping my package between California post offices for over 3 weeks now and I still don't know if it has left the state yet. At least it's not anything expensive...kind of becoming a running joke now with my wife to see where in California the package will end up each day.

Rob

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:
    First-Class Package Service

Features:

USPS Tracking™

February 5, 2015 , 8:26 pm

Departed USPS Origin Facility

SAN JOSE, CA 95101

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS origin facility in SAN JOSE, CA 95101 on February 5, 2015 at 8:26 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

February 2, 2015 , 5:30 am

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility .

SAN JOSE, CA 95101

January 29, 2015 , 7:58 pm

Departed USPS Origin Facility .

OAKLAND, CA 94615

January 22, 2015 , 4:59 am

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility .

OAKLAND, CA 94615

January 22, 2015 , 3:44 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility .

CAMPBELL, CA 95008

January 20, 2015

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS .

#2 9 years ago

I had the same issue with a pinball shipment last week. I needed to call the main USPS number, wait on hold for nearly 45 mins, and ask where my package was when it was shipped 2 day priority. The lady from USPS said that she put a note in the system and that someone from USPS would call me in a couple days to verify the whereabouts of my package. I never did receive the call from USPS. It was now 5 days later from when I was supposed to receive the package. After the call they magically found my package and I received it 2 days later.

USPS: 1-800-275-8777

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#3 9 years ago

USPS is really bad, things get held up for days in some spots. Wiggy, for us it's usually Kearny nj.

#4 9 years ago

Feel your pain - here are a couple more postal stories....

This past fall I had a Priority Mail package from Mouser in "postal jail" bouncing from post office to post office between Richmond, VA and Arlington, VA. I broke the cycle by calling one of the post offices and explaining the situation... they used the tracking number to find the actual package and break the routing loop. Quoted two-day priority mail took 7 days; I was nervous because I was running low on daughterboard parts and needed what was in the box.

I also went through a period in December where outgoing mail wouldn't get picked up when a substitute carrier was working my route. After ineffective calls of complaint, I wrote a letter to the USPS consumer advocate expressing my frustration with the specific situation. About a month later I got a written response to my letter detailing their action plan to correct the problems on my route - basically it was mandated retraining. In the end I guess the letter was ineffective as my confidence in their pickups has not returned - nowadays I rarely leave outgoing shipments for carrier pickup. Luckily the post office isn't far away because most days see at least one outgoing shipment.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#5 9 years ago

I had a package from Parts Express that took over two weeks (from Ohio to Illinois). When it got here, the envelope was ripped, and the contents were missing. There was a plastic wrapper around the envelope with an apology for the inconvenience.

When I notified Parts Express of what happened, they resent my order, even though it was not their fault.

USPS would have only refunded the cost of the damaged/lost items, not the shipping cost.

#6 9 years ago

I hate when I am paying for 2 day shipping and I get the package in a week. On the plus side, at least I am getting them. Sorry that you are having problems.

#7 9 years ago

I shipped a 2 day package on the 28th and tracking hasn't updated after the 29th or arrived to the purchaser.This is the 1st time I have had any problems with usps.
    They called me after opening a case and said since the medium flat rate page is over 20lbs that it is more difficult to scan and probably was shipped another way.Sounds like BS to me.

#8 9 years ago

I had an order take over 3 weeks not long ago. Tracking showed it stuck in one place for over a week and then it was shipped to wrong post offices. It would be nice if they stuck a note on it saying sorry or something. Not much you can do but wait.

#9 9 years ago

its funny how ebay sellers are rated by the performance of the post office, i received two negatives this week for slow shipping , but i send stuff out 3 times a week. i went several years and a couple thousand transactions without a negative and now two in one week because of a misplaced shipment.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

USPS is really bad, things get held up for days in some spots. Wiggy, for us it's usually Kearny nj.

Kearny is terrible, though my local post office is beyond awful. Just today they claimed to have delivered my TWDLE ramp fix (while also claiming that two packages for my wife couldn't be delivered because no one was home to receive them). And I didn't receive any regular mail today. Idiots.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Rlerman, That is exactly where my package was held for days. It left Kearny, arrived back in Kearny, left Kearny again and finally after I called USPS and asked them if my package was lost, it finally left Kearny for good and showed the package at my local post office in Monroe.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-usps-ever-deliver-my-package and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.