Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by japespin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3420 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3394 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3393 (resized).jpeg
    model (resized).png
    Fits nice (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    586D7652-4C7D-4A49-8058-A81985E0A860 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider altan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

It definitely doesn't. I looked / measured. 2 problems

1: The hatchback door isn't tall enough. A couple inches to small, don't recall
    2: This one is less obvious, the hatchback is tapered down. So when the hatchback is up and you measure down from the ceiling, that's too small to start with. However, a good amount of the MY space is actually further toward the back than where the hatchback connects to the roof and rotates. All of that small has even lower height.

Disappointing, I know.

1 year later
    #16 1 year ago
    Quoted from prentice:

A Reddit user suggested otherwise in this link below, does anyone have updates on fit for a standard modern regular body?
    https://reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/zfi9y6/_/izcj7t5/?context=1

Hey... I really want a pin to fit in there so I hope someone has real data that shows I'm wrong.

This measures ~27.25"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I don't believe that's going to fit many pins without removing the head. I believe this is a problem whether you put the head in first or last.

Reference:
    https://insideevs.com/features/408595/video-tesla-model-y-measuring-everything/

But I'd like to be wrong here!

I suspect it would fit just fine if you are ok driving with the hatchback not closed.

#17 1 year ago

Why really surprises me that is no Pinsiders with a model Y have shared their real world opinion. I've got to believe that some pinsiders have a MY.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider altan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-tesla-model-y-fit-a-pin?tu=altan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.