Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by japespin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3420 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3394 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3393 (resized).jpeg
    model (resized).png
    Fits nice (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    586D7652-4C7D-4A49-8058-A81985E0A860 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I own a 2015 P90D and so have not considered getting a model 3. If a Y will hold a pin, that would be tempting as we’d be looking at selling my wife’s Yukon XL in the next year or so.

I definitely would consider owning another Tesla as I love my S.

Anyone have a thought if the Y will be big enough to haul a pin?

Darin

#2 4 years ago

Why ask Y?

In all seriousness, it looks pretty small and is advertised as a compact SUV. Even some full sized SUVs barely have enough clearance.

This is my far from expert experience by looking through my far from great eyes.

#3 4 years ago

I don’t like the looks of the x. Simply curious. My guess is a no on this but I have not really looked at specs carefully and don’t even know if they are available.

#4 4 years ago

Man if that tiny ass car fits a pin inside it will be more amazing than driving a Tesla.

#5 4 years ago

Awesome answer to I guess a basically stupid question.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Awesome answer to I guess a basically stupid question.

I wouldn't;t say that...I def have been amazed that pins fit in some cars when my wife's damn Chevy Equinox barely gets in there!

#7 4 years ago

I actually tried to look into this a few months ago. I'm not sure they have trunk clearance measurements yet. Usually only total volumetrics.

9 months later
    #8 3 years ago

The Y has been out since March and is shipping again. Anyone tried to put a pin in one?

If nobody does I plan on going to the dealer and taking measurements when they become more available at the showrooms.

#9 3 years ago

I found some hand measurements taken;
    https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-interior-trunk-trunk-well-frunk-and-other-measurements

Looks like minimum floor to opening height is less than 28". I think that makes it a no go with a head attached.

#10 3 years ago

Rivian R1S looks like a great pin hauler. >800 ft lbs of torque + tank turns= whole lotta fun.

586D7652-4C7D-4A49-8058-A81985E0A860 (resized).jpeg586D7652-4C7D-4A49-8058-A81985E0A860 (resized).jpeg
    #11 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Looks like minimum floor to opening height is less than 28". I think that makes it a no go with a head attached.

Yeah, that doesn't look promising. Thanks.

1 year later
    #12 2 years ago

Curious to know this too. I get mine in august so I’ll let you know!

#13 2 years ago

It definitely doesn't. I looked / measured. 2 problems

1: The hatchback door isn't tall enough. A couple inches to small, don't recall
    2: This one is less obvious, the hatchback is tapered down. So when the hatchback is up and you measure down from the ceiling, that's too small to start with. However, a good amount of the MY space is actually further toward the back than where the hatchback connects to the roof and rotates. All of that small has even lower height.

Disappointing, I know.

1 year later
    #14 1 year ago
    Quoted from RockBass14:

Curious to know this too. I get mine in august so I’ll let you know!

Hey man what's the deal?

2 months later
    #15 1 year ago
    Quoted from altan:

It definitely doesn't. I looked / measured. 2 problems
    1: The hatchback door isn't tall enough. A couple inches to small, don't recall
    2: This one is less obvious, the hatchback is tapered down. So when the hatchback is up and you measure down from the ceiling, that's too small to start with. However, a good amount of the MY space is actually further toward the back than where the hatchback connects to the roof and rotates. All of that small has even lower height.
    Disappointing, I know.

A Reddit user suggested otherwise in this link below, does anyone have updates on fit for a standard modern regular body?

https://reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/zfi9y6/_/izcj7t5/?context=1

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from prentice:

A Reddit user suggested otherwise in this link below, does anyone have updates on fit for a standard modern regular body?
    https://reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/zfi9y6/_/izcj7t5/?context=1

Hey... I really want a pin to fit in there so I hope someone has real data that shows I'm wrong.

This measures ~27.25"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I don't believe that's going to fit many pins without removing the head. I believe this is a problem whether you put the head in first or last.

Reference:
    https://insideevs.com/features/408595/video-tesla-model-y-measuring-everything/

But I'd like to be wrong here!

I suspect it would fit just fine if you are ok driving with the hatchback not closed.

#17 1 year ago

Why really surprises me that is no Pinsiders with a model Y have shared their real world opinion. I've got to believe that some pinsiders have a MY.

#18 1 year ago

it won't fit , it's 27.5 you need at least and 2 inches more to fit it in , unless you remove the head

5 months later
    #19 10 months ago

Works fine if you dismount the back box.

Fits nice (resized).pngFits nice (resized).pngmodel (resized).pngmodel (resized).png
    6 months later
    #20 4 months ago
    Quoted from Diabolics:

Works fine if you dismount the back box.

Yep

IMG_3393 (resized).jpegIMG_3393 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3394 (resized).jpegIMG_3394 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3420 (resized).jpegIMG_3420 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
    #21 51 days ago

A Little up.
    Does the jjp Backbox fit?
    Cause the JJP ones are a Bit larger.

1 month later
    #22 20 days ago
    Quoted from switol:

Yep
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

switol Where did you put the backbox? Thanks for posting pics of this, btw!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-tesla-model-y-fit-a-pin?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.