(Topic ID: 253388)

Will the regular Judge Dredd ROM run with Deadworld plastic installed?

By WaddleJrJr

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GTO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

I purchased a Judge Dredd to route but it has the Deadworld mod in it, and the ROM for this mod forces the game to be free play only, regardless of the settings. If I put in the original EPROM chip (the seller gave me the original chip as well as the original plastic) will the game still work, or do I have to swap out the mechanism entirely back to its original plastic?

Thanks!

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I purchased a Judge Dredd to route but it has the Deadworld mod in it, and the ROM for this mod forces the game to be free play only, regardless of the settings. If I put in the original EPROM chip (the seller gave me the original chip as well as the original plastic) will the game still work, or do I have to swap out the mechanism entirely back to its original plastic?
Thanks!

You should post in the JD owners thread to be sure, but I am reasonably certain it will-not- work with the standard ROM

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You should post in the JD owners thread to be sure, but I am reasonably certain it will-not- work with the standard ROM

Is there a Judge Dredd owners thread? I did a quick search for one and put post count in descending order and didn't see any.

#5 8 months ago

Thank you for the link, I was searching for "Judge Dredd" in the title of the thread so that's why I couldn't find it.

I ended up taking the plunge and just trying the ROM swap for science, I figured nothing could break badly enough that it'd be more work to fix than it would be to swap over to the Deadworld pieces. I'm happy to report that the game still runs perfectly with the factory ROM but the Deadworld plastics.

8 months later
#6 3 days ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Thank you for the link, I was searching for "Judge Dredd" in the title of the thread so that's why I couldn't find it.
I ended up taking the plunge and just trying the ROM swap for science, I figured nothing could break badly enough that it'd be more work to fix than it would be to swap over to the Deadworld pieces. I'm happy to report that the game still runs perfectly with the factory ROM but the Deadworld plastics.

Sorry for the thread resurrect. Does the crane pick up all three balls and everything?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
€ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside