(Topic ID: 123546)

WHEN -->>> Will the next Stern VE be announced?

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Seems like its been a long time since the first ever Stern VE was announced and produced. When will the next VE announcement come? Wasn't this a successful program with Iron Man?

#2 9 years ago

They may just have their plate full at the moment. No reason to announce another remake when the production scedule is full for some time. IMHO.

#3 9 years ago

Anybody that actually knows can't tell you. Anybody that has heard from a friend will post something vague enough so it can't be understood until after (so they can crow they were right).

So as long as you know that threads like this will never actually get a real answer, feel free to keep asking. But I don't think a single one has ever had a legit answer.

#4 9 years ago

My .02 -- if there looks to be good demand for a past game like Tron or LOTR, and Stern's production line isn't at full capacity with other machines, I think they'd be smart to roll out the next VE while the economy is relatively good. I'd wager that demand for this type of purchase will soften considerably during the next economic downturn, whenever it comes. And I really don't see the sales of a VE machine cannibalizing much if any from sales of their other new product offerings. If somebody is interested in a LOTR/Tron, there's a decent chance they may pass on a different new title waiting for that VE release. But if the VE isn't offered while prospective purchasers feel good about their savings and investments, then Stern risks missing the boat on the sale, or needing to hold off on the VE run until the next economic upturn.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Anybody that actually knows can't tell you. Anybody that has heard from a friend will post something vague enough so it can't be understood until after (so they can crow they were right).
    So as long as you know that threads like this will never actually get a real answer, feel free to keep asking. But I don't think a single one has ever had a legit answer.

Yeah, I understand its all speculation ... was just thinking that after TPF maybe someone might have heard a whisper on something. Seems like an awesome business plan, if the license allows, rerun a proven winner from time to time. Thought it was great when they introduced the 1st VE and excited about the future 2nd.

#6 9 years ago

I heard a whisper, but I'm hard of hearing so I still have no idea.

#7 9 years ago

Stern needs to do exactly what a rock band does when they haven't had a hit in a while... release a Greatest Hits.

#8 9 years ago

wont be tron or lotr so stop the wishful thinking. think a super hero game and you may be in the correct direction.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

wont be tron or lotr so stop the wishful thinking. think a super hero game and you may be in the correct direction.

Yes, I've heard the rumours of Spider-Man too but they are still all just rumours right now.

#11 9 years ago

The next game is Bridezilla. Confirmed with two drunk guys down by the river.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Stern needs to do exactly what a rock band does when they haven't had a hit in a while... release a Greatest Hits.

Thats what they are doing now. Phhht.

#13 9 years ago

How about an AC/DC Premium vault edition?!!

#14 9 years ago

1 week after I buy the original.

#15 9 years ago

W'ont be SoOn and it's fine i want to play new Stuff !

#16 9 years ago

Bring on SM and I'm all in.

#17 9 years ago

Iron Man VE happened for a few reason : demand (they did not make enough at that time) AND
    No Iron Man LE was ever made so they could add better Lights and Toys...They w'ont make a VE Pinball better then they Made theyre Limited Edition of spiderman Lotr or Tron.

I also want a Spiderman

#18 9 years ago

I sure do hate the waiting game. Wish I knew what was coming so I could pursue other games!

#19 9 years ago

Spiderman would be awesome. But I'll believe it when I see it officially announced.

#20 9 years ago

Amazing that anyone thinks Spidey has a chance. They're recasting for another reboot as we speak - Raimi trilogy is ancient IP. Sony will not relicense it. On top of that, I'm not convinced there's enough demand anyway - plenty were made, prices are reasonable. If you want the game, go get one ..new ones are out of the question.

#21 9 years ago

spidey may not be the machine i was referring to.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

I sure do hate the waiting game. Wish I knew what was coming so I could pursue other games!

Which is exactly why pin manufacturers stay tight lipped about new titles. If they announce a title too far in advance, people may pass on current products.

I agree, I hate the wait too, but imagine if they announce a game like Star Wars right now? It could crush Wrestlemania or Whoa sales.

#23 9 years ago

Double post. Sorry. Delete this one.

#24 9 years ago

I hope it's not another superhero VE as retailers still have just about every newer Stern superhero title NIB waiting to be purchased. I have been looking for a certain new Stern title that was available in numbers less then two months ago, totally dry up when there are still plenty of Iron Man's, Transformer's, Avengers and X Men titles.

If these superhero titles were so popular then the LE's would all of sold out at the time of their release like most non-superhero LE title's have.

As you can tell by my writing that I am done with all these Superhero titles that look like everything was pulled grainy pixel for grainy pixel directly from the movie studio supplied style guide.

I think they should wait until all the NIB superhero pins out there for sale from a distributors are sold before they start pursuing their next superhero title.

I think they could do really well if they collaborated with Rockstar games and made a Grand Theft Auto themed machine because it has MASS appeal as men and women alike make up 87.5% of GTA players between 18 and 50+ years old and over 45% if you exclude all player's under the age of 25 which I'd call a home run for marketing a product like this and when you factor in that GTA V broke 7 Guinness World Records for sales.

I know everyone has a pinball idea and I thought I would come up with one that has the best chances of becoming a big profitable hit instead of saying that Sterns next theme should be something like Escape from New York or Transported 5.

I just wish I knew now because I have been debating spending around 30% more for the same NIB title another member did a few weeks ago.

I just wish they would produce a lot more Premium and Pro LED.

#25 9 years ago

Or how about an X-Men Premium VE? They never made premiums. The code is just about done now right? And they could finally redo the giant Wolverine toy that they screwed up the first time around.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Or how about an X-Men Premium VE? They never made premiums. The code is just about done now right? And they could finally redo the giant Wolverine toy that they screwed up the first time around.

This wouldn't be the worst thing. XMEN is an amazing game.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

men and women alike make up 87.5% of GTA players

So I take it that non-humans make up the other 12.5% then? Makes sense.

#28 9 years ago

My bet is on KISS being their next title.

Iron Man was a special case. Low production, but became well loves over the years and here's the key part, used prices exceeded new.

So to Guess The Vault, what other Stern titles cost more used than they did new?

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

My bet is on KISS being their next title.
    Iron Man was a special case. Low production, but became well loves over the years and here's the key part, used prices exceeded new.
    So to Guess The Vault, what other Stern titles cost more used than they did new?

SM is the only one I can think of that can creep that high. Otherwise, there aren't many that meet the criteria.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

You're close. Human that aren't men or women make up another 43.4% of GTA players, while non-humans comprise an addition 16.9%.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazing ... Spidey

I see what you did there.

#32 9 years ago

It's in their best interest not to show their hand.

But here's what we know:

-Theyre filling orders for ST
    -Theyre filling orders for Metallica
    -Theyre filling orders for WNBJM
    -Theyre filling orders for MMR

Im guessing theyre still making WWE. If its not selling well, and the line is down, they'll dip into a VE as a last resort to keep the line working on something.

It's logical business to keep the VEs as "break in case of emergency" machines. Say Kiss tanks, and PPS doesnt announce another remake. Well they don't want to lay off workers, so they can reach into their backlog and just make a couple hundred VEs to hold the place over until the next title.

At least that's what I would do if I were in their position.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazing that anyone thinks Spidey has a chance. They're recasting for another reboot as we speak - Raimi trilogy is ancient IP. Sony will not relicense it. On top of that, I'm not convinced there's enough demand anyway - plenty were made, prices are reasonable. If you want the game, go get one ..new ones are out of the question.

I wonder if you were saying the same thing about IM this time last year. I'll bet you were.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I wonder if you were saying the same thing about IM this time last year. I'll bet you were.

I didn't think IM was likely, but when it happened it made sense. And hey I bought one! Just to clarify - I'm not anti-VE. I'm anti- never-ending speculation when the facts are against it. Once again, with IM - relevant license & cheap BOM & true demand. Robert Downey Jr's IM will be IM for a long time. 3 more Avengers movies at least. The company will still license him. Sony licensing the orig Spidey movies for a prodict again is as likely as seeing the Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer Batman pins remade. Not going to happen. Licensing with superhero movie stuff always favors the current brand - they don't move backwards.

If you want a Spidey, go get a Spidey. It's ancient news, new ones will not be made.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I didn't think IM was likely, but when it happened it made sense. And hey I bought one! Just to clarify - I'm not anti-VE. I'm anti- never-ending speculation when the facts are against it. Once again, with IM - relevant license & cheap BOM & true demand. Robert Downey Jr's IM will be IM for a long time. 3 more Avengers movies at least. The company will still license him. Sony licensing the orig Spidey movies for a prodict again is as likely as seeing the Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer Batman pins remade. Not going to happen. Licensing with superhero movie stuff always favors the current brand - they don't move backwards.
    If you want a Spidey, go get a Spidey. It's ancient news, new ones will not be made.

I agree about the no Spidey. They've moved on from that franchise. I dont think ACDC Premium and it's demand is the same as SM.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

Seems like its been a long time since the first ever Stern VE was announced and produced. When will the next VE announcement come? Wasn't this a successful program with Iron Man?

60 seconds before someone posts the details of the release on Pinside.

#37 9 years ago

MET and ST have not been on the line since fall. No Plans for any VE's for now.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They will license it. Of that there is no question...they still make toys for that series as old as it may be.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

men and women alike make up 87.5% of GTA players between 18 and 50+ years old

Quoted from kst8cat:

Quoted from Tripin:

You're close. Human that aren't men or women make up another 43.4% of GTA players, while non-humans comprise an addition 16.9%.

Since you asked... the remaining 12.5% are people under the age of 18.

SMH

#40 9 years ago

I'm assuming a new VE if released as a Pro model would be in line with current pro pricing. Was that the case with IMVE? What's a ballpark price from a competitive distributor for a new Stern pro shipped/delivered these days, assuming no sales tax? Mid-upper $4s?

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They will license it. Of that there is no question...they still make toys for that series as old as it may be.

By the way, to clarify, I'm not suggesting SM will be licensed, just that it can be without trouble if Stern wants it. I still think Tron with factory lit ramps is next.

#42 9 years ago

The best price I got was $4550 shipped for an IMVE....most were at 4600-4700.

Quoted from Tripin:

I'm assuming a new VE if released as a Pro model would be in line with current pro pricing. Was that the case with IMVE? What's a ballpark price from a competitive distributor for a new Stern pro shipped/delivered these days, assuming no sales tax? Mid-upper $4s?

#43 9 years ago

I figured with MMr / Melons going into production plus getting ready for the move to new factory

a VE was not for awhile per GS

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I figured with MMr / Melons going into production plus getting ready for the move to new factory
    a VE was not for awhile per GS

What do you mean getting ready to move? I thought they were moved in a while ago?

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

What do you mean getting ready to move? I thought they were moved in a while ago?

No, I think they are planning the move during the weekend of April 11-12 if I remember correctly.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

I also want a spiderman

So buy one, there everywhere. Why on Earth is a remake of Spiderman even being talked about. There is ZERO point of remaking a game that isn't hard to find and is already in the $4-5K market.

#47 9 years ago

Sony retains the rights to Spiderman, but now have a deal with Disney/Marvel to let him cross between franchises. If Spiderman appears in an Avengers movie, it will be a totally relevant theme again despite Sonys bungling.

-------------------------
    (Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.
    -------------------------

Full article: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Forgot to mention this is pre Amy Pascal debacle. Probably doesn't matter though!

#48 9 years ago

Iron Man VE happened for a few reason : demand (they did not make enough at that time) AND
    No Iron Man LE was ever made so they could add better Lights and Toys...They w'ont make a VE Pinball better then they Made theyre Limited Edition of spiderman Lotr or Tron.
    I also want a Spiderman

Quoted from Spencer:

So buy one, there everywhere. Why on Earth is a remake of Spiderman even being talked about. There is ZERO point of remaking a game that isn't hard to find and is already in the $4-5K market.

Like i said . Ve of Sm tron lotr Will Never happen

I only added that i also want a spiderman
    And I AM searching for one...you have to read all
    The Post Man

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually, WB is VERY good about licensing older properties. They licensed out the 1989 era Batman to toy manufactures during the Nolan/Bale trilogy.

http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Multiverse-Basic-Figure-Batman/dp/B00J6245M2

Hell, they are making an animated Batman movie with Adam West and Burt Ward and Julie Newmar!

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/01/former-catwoman-julie-newmar-joining-batman-66-animated-movie/

I have no doubt that if Stern wanted to do a VE of Batman:Dark Knight...or even the Data East Batman with Keaton, WB would let them.

Sony may be a hard-ass about it, they may not. But don't drag WB down in the mud.

#50 9 years ago

Like i said . Ve of Sm tron lotr Will Never happen
    I only added that i also want a spiderman
    And I AM searching for one...you have to read all
    The Post Man

Whoops my bad, I didn't read it fully, your right. I read the post above yours and just lumped them together.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-next-stern-ve-be-announced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.