(Topic ID: 32789)

Will the New X-Men Films breath new life into the transferable Comic based Pin?

By HB_GAMER

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will demand for the X-Men Pin increase in 2013?”

• Yes. The movie will be a success, the pin code will inprove and hardware issues will be resolved. A increase in production will occur. 13 votes
    54%
  • No. The movie will tank, leaving demand unchanged. 0 votes
  • No. The movie will be successful but, Stern Quality has doomed this pin 3 votes
    13%
  • Yes. The movie will tank but the Stern Code improvements will elevate this pin to greatness. 1 vote
    4%
  • Don't care either way. 7 votes
    29%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

With news of the New X-Men Wolverine film, landing in theaters this coming July 26, 2013, will this event cause renewed demand for Sterns X-Men Pins? The Comic Art makes the Theme transferable in my opinion.

Article: http://iphone.eonline.com/article?id=358414

Trailer:

image.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I hope so!!!

#3 7 years ago

As an owner I do not care all that much either way.

#4 7 years ago

This new movie is "The Wolverine", which is more of a sequel to the first Wolvie movie than a full X-Men sequel. Supposed to be based on the Silver Samurai storyline.

The next full "team" movie will be based on the Days of Future Past storyline and come out in 2014.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/x-men-days-future-past-ian-mckellen-planning-212404148.html

Yeah, I'll be in the theatres for both....

Later,
EV

#5 7 years ago

Awesome, double header back to back. Two more years of Mainstream attention that we know of.

#6 7 years ago

The X-men movies are really boring to me...I have never stayed awake through one until the 1st Class one came out, now that movie was good. Other then that, they are a snooze fest and so is the pin as far as I am concerned. I HATE AC/DC and I'd rather have it over an xmen easily.

#7 7 years ago

fake trailers rock

#8 7 years ago

Fake?

#9 7 years ago

Yeah, both of the YouTube links you put up were fan trailers. First one was spliced from the previous movies. Second one was done from artwork. No worries though. It's always interesting to see what other people's creativity generates...

Later,
EV

#10 7 years ago

I think Laser eyes is like um, dead and stuff. Too soon I know!

#11 7 years ago

Don't think Stern would do much more with XM besides code update.

#12 7 years ago

Interesting. Glad I got a Wolverine...

#13 7 years ago

Yeah dude...you're aware the fourth x-men movie came out almost two years ago, right?

#14 7 years ago

Why does a 5 month old game need 'new life' breathed into it?

#15 7 years ago

The upcoming Wolverine 2 followed a year later by the new X-men (tentatively planned).

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Why does a 5 month old game need 'new life' breathed into it?

Cuz it's still in production. The more interest, the more sales for Stern, the more people playing pinball!!!

Also, if X-Men ends up being a sales disappointment compared to movie based games, Stern might not experiment with non-movie licenses/artwork again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside