(Topic ID: 131596)

Will the new Kiss pin drive up price on Bally Kiss?

By Riptor

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Do you think the price on the old Bally Kiss will go up, go down or stay about the same since the release of the new machine? Just curious as I have seen some real beat machines on ebay lately selling for some decent money.

#2 8 years ago

no

#3 8 years ago

Not a chance since the price on the old Kiss is way to high now.

#4 8 years ago

No that game blows.

#5 8 years ago

Nope! People will want the new one.

#6 8 years ago

I hope so, but I think the prices are already inflated. I do believe however that there will be people who buy the new one that will look to add the classic next to it. My Pro shipped today and it's going next to my Bally version.

#7 8 years ago

What do working 78 Kisses go for?

#8 8 years ago

You may see more people looking for or getting rid of one but I doubt a price jump

#9 8 years ago

I've noticed that the Bally price has already dropped from an average of $4K to under $3K with the new Stern game.

#10 8 years ago

Nope I have seen the opposite - seems the old kiss is no longer commanding big money.
old one stalled at auction 3800 and it was beautiful but had an overlay...was bought back.

#11 8 years ago

Yes, the price on the Bally KISS has already gone up, with no end in sight.

#12 8 years ago

Because it was the 1st and during their zenith the original should always be desired by old guys like me. The prices are way out of hand for even a rough Bally KISS. Time will tell...

#13 8 years ago

What do we think the value of the Bally Star Trek would be if it was the only Star Trek pin? With the release of the other Star Trek pins, the Bally price has stayed low. Star Trek fans have several updated, more fun, versions to choose from. The Bally KISS commanded what is has in the past because of the KISS Army and it was the only KISS pinball machine around. Now there is an updated, more fun KISS (with the same awesome art) for the KISS collectors. The value of the Bally KISS will come down.

#14 8 years ago

I'm inclined to think the most overpriced pinball in the universe (beaters seemingly fetching over $1K) will fade in pricing. Nobody knows for certain what will happen.

The old pin has amazing artwork, no music and weak game play. The new pin has amazing artwork, excellent music (technology wise), and game play has to be 1000 times better than the 1978 version.

The comparison to Star Trek is spot on. Few people seek the 79 Star Trek pin these days because the game play on the more modern pins is far more engaging. The art work on both the 79 Star Trek & 78 KISS is iconic. Iconic art work is only one part of the equation.

Game play and modern technology trumps everything. The market will speak.

#15 8 years ago

I had an original Kiss for over 10 years, it had a lot of nostalgia for me and I loved the art package. But as soon as I really got into pinball and realized how shallow and boring the game was, I sold it to get better games.

If I had the room/money I would have kept it, but I really don't miss it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-new-kiss-pin-drive-up-price-on-bally-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.