Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by ultimategameroom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Seems like I recall hearing that when Circus Voltaire came out distributors were having to nearly give them away at cost or worse as the machine was not deemed fun or whatever. Now, well the price of a Circus Voltaire speaks volumes. Just curious!

#2 4 months ago

I don't think Jetson is a really bad pin almost every one who plays one says they did not like it.

#3 4 months ago

NO [/end thread]

#6 4 months ago

Ha ha. NO !

#7 4 months ago

CV is a decent title.
Jetsons is terrible which might be too high a praise for that game.

#8 4 months ago

Funny...NO

#9 4 months ago

Stranger Things may.

#10 4 months ago

No, because when CV came out, pinball was all but dead... no operators wanted them and the home market was almost non existant....now, pinball is hot.
Oh, and its also because jetsons really sucks....

#11 4 months ago

Jetsons is bad, very bad. Waste of a great theme and yes I’ve played it.

Cv is a pretty cool game, no comparison here.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Jetsons is bad, very bad. Waste of a great theme and yes I’ve played it.
Cv is a pretty cool game, no comparison here.

How about Thunderbirds?

#13 4 months ago

I've owned both. Jetsons is not very good at all but anything is possible I guess!

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

How about Thunderbirds?

I would play Jetsons over thunderbirds no question.

I would even play dominos over thunderbirds.

Played all 3 btw

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from GPS:

Seems like I recall hearing that when Circus Voltaire came out distributors were having to nearly give them away at cost or worse as the machine was not deemed fun or whatever. Now, well the price of a Circus Voltaire speaks volumes. Just curious!

Why not just ask the same of Thunderbirds? Or Dominoes? Pick any bad game and the question is just as ridiculous.

#16 4 months ago

Oh the Jetsons will be highly collectible!
Vault edition and remakes for sure !
20K all day

#17 4 months ago

Looking to trade my TBL for one ?

#18 4 months ago

Never played Jetsons but based on the sparseness of the pf, I don’t think Cameron Silver himself could write code that could bring Jetsons anywhere near CV.

#19 4 months ago

Should have deleted coin door and sold it
At a toy store . The screen was shit too

#20 4 months ago

I think The Jetsons is actually a decent machine. No, not fan-fucking-tastic, but it still has it's merits.

It takes a couple hours-long sessions to get to this truth, and I completely understand that most people are not up for the quest.

#21 4 months ago

CV is a great game. I played it when it first came out and loved it. I can not say this for Jetsons. Just like Vacation America, it was a game I just had to walk away mid-game because it just sucked so bad.

#22 4 months ago

Maybe you should have replaced "Jetsons" with "Punny Factory" ..... Dad jokes are going to be HUGE with today's youth in another 20 years......

#23 4 months ago

Looks like Taxi with a ramp missing.

1 month later
#24 3 months ago

What was pinball company charging when Jetsons as released? Wasn’t it around 5k?

I’m seeing they raised prices to $6499/$6999

Crazy shit there

1 month later
#25 31 days ago

Here's my take from a guy that owns 1 of the 25 SE's (75 regular). It WILL possibly be another Circus Voltaire. Why? Mainly..Fungibility.
It is my #1 game that EVERYONE wants to try when they come over, regardless of skill.

Here is the reaction I have from everyone that plays it.
Great Theme that many people associate with or reminisce over.
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL
Unique color scheme that works and sets it apart from other games.
Great visuals (esp with the Orbi going) for someone watching from the sidelines
Has Jetsons music
Plays good for any NOOB - Easy to understand and you don't die too quickly
No glitches in software or game play (aka plays as designed, no ball jumps etc).
Sound is good but limited to the what gets played.

Plays OK for an intermediate - Longer game play, easy to save balls and I've come close but still not fully beaten the game. (I fit in this category)

Plays lame to Okay for a true pinhead. Lots of open space and easy shots and they could probably destroy this game fairly quickly.

Some other cons - that won't affect worth
- A bit cheaper made (flimsier and lighter) than other spooky or some newer Stern games
- Pretty bad glare from the backglass
- Dimly light playfield ABSOLUTLY needs pinstadium lights
- Highly pixilated color DMD - I guess this was done to emulate a cartoon, but its not my favorite.

My bottom line -
Because there are so few the market will be driven by
Non-pinheads who love the theme
Pinheads who want it for aesthetics
Pinheads who want this for the rarity
Partners of pinheads who love the them and pinheads want to get their partners involved (don't underestimate this one!)

#26 31 days ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Here's my take from a guy that owns of the 25 SE's (75 regular). It WILL possibly be another Circus Voltaire. Why? Mainly..Fungibility.
It is my #1 game that EVERYONE wants to try when they come over, regardless of skill.
Here is the reaction I have from everyone that plays it.
Great Theme that many people associate with or remisisce over.
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL
Unique color scheme that works and sets it apart from other games.
Great visuals (esp with the Orbi going) for someone watching from the sidelines
Has Jetsons music
Plays good for any NOOB - Easy to understand and you don't die too quickly
No glitches in software or game play (aka plays as designed, no ball jumps etc).
Sound is good but limited to the what gets played.
Plays OK for an intermediate - Longer game play, easy to save balls and I've come close but still not fully beaten the game. (I fit in this category)
Plays lame to Okay for a true pinhead. Lots of open space and easy shots they could probably destroy this game fairly quickly.
Some other cons - that won't affect worth
- A bit cheaper made (flimsier and lighter) than other spooky or some newer Stern games
- Pretty bad glare from the backglass
- Dimly light playfield ABSOLUTLY needs pinstadium lights
- Highly pixilated color DMD - I guess this was done to emulate a cartoon, but its not my favorite.
My bottom line -
Because there are so few the market will be driven by
Non-pinheads who love the theme
Pinheads who want it for aesthetics
Pinheads who want this for the rarity
Partners of pinheads who love the them and pinheads want to get their partners involved (don't underestimate this one!)

I don’t remember there being Special Editions.
What did those have that the std model didn’t ?
A topper ?

#27 31 days ago

For the money there are better choices out there, if they would have hit a lower price point or added more to the game to get it up to par where other 5 to 6K games are then maybe it would have had a better shot.

#28 31 days ago

I owned one. It stuck around for about 3 weeks.

#29 31 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I don’t remember there being Special Editions.
What did those have that the std model didn’t ?
A topper ?

Check out my Video review to find out...that or I can just tell you it’s the powder coated purple legs and rails. LOL.

#30 31 days ago
Quoted from pfinny:

For the money there are better choices out there, if they would have hit a lower price point or added more to the game to get it up to par where other 5 to 6K games are then maybe it would have had a better shot.

I %100 agree, with you on your thoughts, heck I LOVE TNA way more. But the question will be to the long term worth IE. CV and I stand by my reasonings. Time will tell.

#31 31 days ago

I do remember circus Voltaire NIB being blown out/discounted heavily so I went over to check it out at TNT amusements to see if I wanted to possibly add it to my collection which was only a handful of games at the time.
I know some here love it but I wasn’t impressed.
Still don’t care for it today.

I really enjoyed BSD at that time and it didn’t get much love and sold pretty cheap compared to other machines.
I picked up one of those that was in really nice condition.
Now it’s much more popular and prices have risen substantially.
I guess that shows that there is no way of telling if value will rise over the long term but BSD does have a few pretty unique features and can be pretty challenging so I’m sure that helps in a big way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside