(Topic ID: 215586)

Will 'The Matrix' (pin) ever become a reality?

By KornFreak28

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCB2A485-232E-41C3-82C7-437B11461E80 (resized).jpeg
    TM4.jpg
    D54D3573-0484-4096-931F-7002440739BE (resized).jpeg
    20190506_193907.jpg
    D92FF0E9-453C-437B-BB50-5C01922D3D23 (resized).jpeg
    04E0E107-2D60-4E99-9576-0E81BF3C22AF (resized).jpeg
    38524B41-5803-435A-960B-547E3D170AB5 (resized).jpeg
    F46462CC-125B-447A-825C-3858146E935E (resized).jpeg
    matrix cab right.jpg
    IMG_0238 (resized).PNG
    B47F1590-6584-4AD2-AA37-FBFF29514009 (resized).jpeg
    2C91327B-29EB-4156-88DB-0BCF8391820A (resized).jpeg
    7134CB78-AB88-430F-988E-42C342FF50BD (resized).jpeg
    156F8E5F-E862-47E3-8A90-3426F57569C8 (resized).jpeg
    e82989d66989ab33a922e20d4fe76090 (resized).jpg
    matrix-playfield-e1349577800860 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm a huge fan of 'The Matrix' trilogy. I believe a Matrix pin would be an instant hit, not to mention a high earner too! Will Stern or JJP ever make this a reality?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

After iron maiden anything is possible. The only issue is the last 2 were so goddamn bad it's painfull...but I guess some of the sequences could make for good modes.

Ha...I was thinking the exact opposite.

Exactly! I can just imagine the Matrix "rain" in the color DMD...How cool would that be?

#14 5 years ago

How about this when you hit the pop bumpers?

0368F7D3-01E7-4C1A-A45D-8964FD695B11 (resized).jpeg0368F7D3-01E7-4C1A-A45D-8964FD695B11 (resized).jpeg

#15 5 years ago

And this when you drain

2919BEC9-7456-4414-8772-3AE37E5052A0 (resized).jpeg2919BEC9-7456-4414-8772-3AE37E5052A0 (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago

They could do Cypher, Morpheus, Trinity, The Oracle and the Merovingian modes with a final fight vs Smith mode to save Zion!

#23 5 years ago

WOW!

#30 5 years ago

With

Quoted from northvibe:

They also said they were making kill bill. I don’t think they were able to get licensing. There were only 3? Matrix games made, one for sure is in the US....

Who made them?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Big fan of the original Matrix!! Liked the sequels too, they just weren’t as good as the first. When it first came out i had to watch a few times because it was so mind blowing. I would love to see a matrix pinball machine.

I really liked the Matrix reloaded! The scene with the Merovingian cursing in French is priceless

#35 5 years ago

Just watched the video....That pin looks amazing!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

but I get the feeling it won't be in the cards.

Why?

#40 5 years ago

Another secret mode could be a meeting with the architect and getting in and out of the Train Station! There is just so much potential

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Because we asked again and he kind of said no. Things could change, but seems like the theme isn't for them. Maybe spooky could do it? The license could be really expensive and for me, it absolutely has to have the real voices, including Morpheus, neo, Smith and Trinity, at a minimum.
    I don't think stern would give it the proper treatment.

Maybe you can keep asking him? You never know. I agree with you that Stern would not give it all the details necessary to make it a great pin. I just don't get it, to me this is a gold mine waiting to be discovered. They would make a killing if they ever pick it up

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Left is inventor, middle is software developer and currently doing Kill Bill, right is miss Netherlands 2012

Wow!!! Nice! Is there any chance you guys pick this project up again?

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

They are debuting Kill Bill in 3 weeks at Golden State Pinball show.

No not really...It looks amazing though Such a shame only a handful were made

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm a big fan of this pin, I would have bought the kit, if they had made it. Jack probably wouldn't touch this title but AP might.

What makes you think Jack wouldn’t touch this title?

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Jack is only interested in doing uber family friendly themes. Matrix does not fit the bill with all the guns, fighting, killing. No way.

Bummer...To all Matrix lovers, I say we keep this thread going with healthy discussion and cool ideas to possibly get their attention

How cool it would be if the game would allow you to get out of a mode (sorta like CIU in Metallica) by choosing the blue pill or let you finish the mode by choosing the red pill?

B47F1590-6584-4AD2-AA37-FBFF29514009 (resized).jpegB47F1590-6584-4AD2-AA37-FBFF29514009 (resized).jpeg

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

I am not one of the guys but chances pinnovating picks this up again is slim to zero. It’s a finished project for them.
    And licensing is an issue of course. Making 1 or a couple for your own is something totally different as producing on large scale and selling.

Nice video! They they a great job! Sadly, it looks like there is no hope for a possible ‘Matrix’ pin anytime soon

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Peer:

Nice to read this tread.
    The Proto Matrix is playable at the Dutch Pinball Museum in Rotterdam.
    There is a Pinside Topic on the Matrix Pin.
    Seems like ages ago. 2011-2012-2013 that zaza Dennis and me and a lot of other guys did this project.
    Before TM dennis from Pinnovating did Demoltion Man on Steroids ( also playable at the museum) and is now working on Kill Bill with steigerpijp and almost done.
    All 3 pinnovating Machine’s will be at the UK pinfest on 25&26 August.
    Not bad for some kids in the basement, right (-;

Wow! I didn’t know Zaza was involved in this project. He’s one of the good guys

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You're right. There was no killing in WOZ or Hobbit and sure was no fighting in the Hobbit. Damn sure is not any guns, killings, or fighting in POTC.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Yes, I was even allowed to put my name subtle on the cabinet sidepanel, so I took the background with the large katakana 'ZA' character and stretched it to 20 inch to create the biggest signature on the sidepanel in pinball history

(katakana is one of the charactersets used in the digital rain)

So cool Zaza! Congrats on building an awesome pin

#74 5 years ago

How about the phone starts ringing when you start a game and keeps ringing until you plunge? How cool would that be?

F46462CC-125B-447A-825C-3858146E935E (resized).jpegF46462CC-125B-447A-825C-3858146E935E (resized).jpeg

8 months later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We asked jack about this a few years ago and he seemed intrigued, but I am not expecting anything. It's a dream theme for me.

Why is he so opposed to the idea tho? This would make killer money for them! Seems to me that pinball and the Matrix go hand in hand

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Jack has always maintained since starting JJP that he wants to make family friendly themed pins. I think Hobbit was the extent of violence he could tolerate. Matrix is pretty high on the violence scale including lots of guns and language.
    Original Matrix re-theme of JM actually had about 12 made. 2 of those made it to buyers in the U.S if I remember correctly. 1 of those 2 went through Pinball Refinery in Michigan at one point before heading out West. The game was only ever based on the first movie and not the full trilogy. Was really fun but with modern innovation and JJP's attention to high-end details this would be an incredible game!

Although I don’t think it’s a smart business strategy, I Totally respect his way of thinking

#85 5 years ago

I truly believe JJP would make the very best Matrix machine possible. I think Stern would come up with a crappy looking machine with poor game play ideas and toys (for some reason star wars comes to mind)

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Well the matrix is being rebooted so it would be a good time to snag the license for original or reboot... although not sure how I feel about the reboot

Oh really? Do you happen to know when? That’s great news!

#89 5 years ago

How cool would it be to have to make a skill shot or certain shots to find the Oracle so she can tell you what mode to do next?

04E0E107-2D60-4E99-9576-0E81BF3C22AF (resized).jpeg04E0E107-2D60-4E99-9576-0E81BF3C22AF (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think stern would give it the proper treatment.

I agree 100% with this statement

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Say what you want about the 2nd and 3rd film but the Matrix is an incredibly rich and deep sci-fi narrative that would translate to an AMAZING pin with todays tech. I tend to agree that JJP would do the best job with it - they are true masters of theme integration but keep hitting foul balls based on theme choice.
    The Matrix also should be easily attainable as a license and has the brand awareness to make it a slam dunk. I think it is time to start taking a serious look at 90s franchices like Matrix for themes.

I agree. If JJP would start considering themes like The Matrix instead of just “Family pins” they would totally make a killing!

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Just because the movies are rated-R doesn't mean you have to have all the blood and language in a pin. I think there is plenty of narrative, action, adventure to do a pin justice with out making the pin rated-R. I don't mind it myself, but if that is JJP's goal, then I don't see why it can't be done.

Or have an “adult language” setting that can be turned on and off

#96 5 years ago

Imagine the iconic Matrix phone ringing until you plunge the ball! And then....”I’m in”

#98 5 years ago

Someone show this thread to Jack!

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Time for Pinside to will this game into existence!

Exactly!!! We need to make noise! Keep bringing fresh ideas! Jack will hear about us sooner or later

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We asked jack about it several years ago at his summer factory event, seemed interested, but who knows what he thinks about it. They could use a cool sci-fi pin in their lineup. Maybe spooky could do It?

Are you friends with him? Why not ask again?

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No, I'm not friends with him. I see him at shows and he usually passes by our booth and says hello. We speak with other jjp staff at shows. I will see them all again in Texas, and I can put a bug in their ear.

Sounds perfect! That would be great! Thanks!

#106 5 years ago

How cool would it be for the Matrix rain to appear on the DMD and transport you to a different mode when you hit a scoop or certain shots

D92FF0E9-453C-437B-BB50-5C01922D3D23 (resized).jpegD92FF0E9-453C-437B-BB50-5C01922D3D23 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

A matrix pinball would be an insta-buy for me. Great theme with near endless possibilities for modes and multiballs.
    If the rumors are true about a new matrix trilogy, that would be a great time to do it. Strike while the iron is hot. Of course, the movie Bohemian Rhapsody has come and gone and I still havent seen a Queen pin yet

Matrix has endless possibilities that would make for an awesome game. Such a shame.....

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

We should make one! Lol

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Time for Pinside to will this game into existence.

I think Stern wouldn’t do this game justice. JJP would

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

How about American pinball?

American could do a nice job too! I actually messaged them about Matrix. They said Matrix has been mentioned in meetings, but that’s about it

#116 4 years ago

Would you guys be willing to sign a petition thread to get their attention? I was thinking of starting an Official Matrix pinball petition thread...

#118 4 years ago

Please sign the petition! Crazy, I know...but at least I’m doing something about it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-petition-thread#post-4980166

3 months later
    #121 4 years ago

There’s hope! Matrix 4 is Official!

D54D3573-0484-4096-931F-7002440739BE (resized).jpegD54D3573-0484-4096-931F-7002440739BE (resized).jpeg
    #122 4 years ago

Check it out!

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Please, just please let it be anyone other than Stern who makes this. Sterns art packages just royally suck anymore. And "sadly" at this point with JJPs crap clear coat issues and lack of taking care of the issue they don't deserve it either. This needs to be a wide body with 4 flippers, 4 ramps, magnets (represents agent smiths presence), diverters and lower playfield to represent ZION, a subway with diverters to represent using the phone to get out and appear some where else. and an LCD for the entire back box ala JJP style. Design the lower playfield with P3 type tech where you're shooting sentinels. Gawd the list is endless what they could do with a machine like this.

Yeah, anybody BUT Stern! Look at what they did with SW and JP! Bare playfields galore! I would love for JJP to do Matrix. They make beautiful (and fun) machines, with loaded playfields and lots of things to do. If they can only get the playfield clear coat issues fixed.....

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

[quoted image]

4 months later
    #130 4 years ago

Bump

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality?tu=kornfreak28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.