(Topic ID: 116574)

Will Stern Wrestlemania suffer because of the Royal Rumble debacle?

By DarthXaos

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Not one bit. Same thing happened last year. Not like this is the first time they haven't done what the fans obviously want.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened at the rumble?

The fan favorite Daniel Bryan was eliminated way too early which absolutely deflated the crowd. The guy that management wants to be the future top star won. This shouldn't have surprised anyone. I like the guy. He's got the look and has a ton of potential, but he's just not ready yet. Lots of other guys that deseve that shot right now. His time should come, but down the road. Instead they are pushing him down our throats which is completely not fair to him. This is causing everyone to turn against him.

Honestly it's exactly the same thing that happened (ironically) to his cousin The Rock. Ended up working out ok for him in the end but he went through this exact same BS because of being pushed too fast. Hopefully Roman will find his voice and bust through this eventually. I think he has it in him, but time will tell.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

the triple threat was awesome though, so whatevs

Yea...for whatever the Rumble match was...the title match was a match of the year candidate. Which hopefully the powers that be take notice of. Let's see...Brock and Cena stunk the place up the first two times they headlined a PPV. Throw Rollins in there and it's freaking magic. There's your next big star...he's ready. But to be fair all 3 guys put on a hell of a show. Best title match in a very long time.

#37 9 years ago

Really...the haters do not have enough threads to shit in already? Seriously you guys...if you don't like it that's ok. Some of us do like it and that's ok too.

Rumble was fun overall, just a bad choice for a winner. Wyatt was a monster early on. I'd say he really elevated himself last night. Him and Boogeyman facing off was hilarious too.

As for the Rock comparison with Roman right now...I'm pretty sure Rock was getting pushed as a face when the crowd turned on him too. It was then that they decided to turn him heel. If I remember right that is. Honestly, that would be the best thing to do with Roman right now. I think he'd be a way better heel and since he's getting the heat anyway, just roll with it.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

WOW. That's gross. On a side note. Spent part of the day with Russ checking out his collection and talking shop. Your on my list. Would love to make the trip north to check things out. Yes I just invited myself.

By the way...that white thing in his nose in that picture? Yup...it's his tooth.

Don't worry...we all invite ourselves over to Tom's.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH!

MY GAWD HE'S BROKEN IN HALF!

#110 9 years ago

Best way they can "save" Reigns at this point is to have Heyman turn on Brock and turn Reigns heel. Reigns is improving on the mic, but still no where near where he needs to be to get over like the Rock did once he turned heel. Putting him with Heyman fixes that. The more I think about that, the better it sounds.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Agree with you completely. Also eliminates Lesnsar from the picture which is perfect, Sting has to factor in somehow though too.

Have Roman go into Mania still face as it is looking now. Authority interferes to "help Brock". Sting comes out to make the save. Roman wins...then beats the tar out of Sting with Heyman looking on in approval. For extra fun have the Rock out there too, and beat him down too.

But...Sting will be busy with HHH so I'm not sure this will happen. Authority might not care enough to make sense either. But replace Sting with The Rock in the above scenario and it still works.

Either way...you just made a new monster heel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-stern-wrestlemania-suffer-because-of-the-royal-rumble-debacle?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.