(Topic ID: 116574)

Will Stern Wrestlemania suffer because of the Royal Rumble debacle?

By DarthXaos

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by captainadam_21
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault.jpg
image.jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Kurt Angle won a gold medal dude

WITH A BROKEN FREAKIN NECK

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

WITH A BROKEN FREAKIN NECK

It's true. It's true.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another

While I haven't watched wrestling in years, I used to and have fond nostalgic memories of the old days. I also have profound respect for the athleticism and toughness of these guys. That said, your quote "proves" this is NOT a sport because pro wrestlers are not competing. The operative word in defining a sport is the competition. Athleticism differentiates a sport from a game. Competition separates performance/entertainment from sport.

#104 5 years ago

I really don't care if you call it a Sport or not. Its called Sports Entertainment and I am happy to leave it at that. With that being said I would like you to go down to the Florida developmental or Ohio Valley, and watch the young guys trying to make a name for themselves get their ass kicked and tell me that those guys aren't competing to be on top. There is plenty of competition it may not be old fashioned Greco Roman style man vs man. but those guys are competing to be #1.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

It's true. It's true.

Oh it's true. It's DAMN true.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Curling isn't scripted. Can one go to Vegas and bet on the Royal Rumble outcome?

If you are going to Vegas and betting on curling, you've got BIG issues.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Oh it's true. It's DAMN true

Crap. I don't watch TNA so I haven't seen Angle in close to a decade.

I have not cancelled my network but if all that was offered was the current product, I would. I still around to watch all the archive product. If you want good wrestling and get AXtv, check out New Japan Pro Wrestling. It stuff from a few years ago but announcers speaking English have been added. Quality stuff.

#108 5 years ago

Does it make you feel cool making fun of people who like wrestling? Where are your comments for people who cry over fake characters at fake movies? Where are your comments when people get mad that their favorite fake characters are killed off in a fake tv show?
What is the point of fiction if you don't suspend disbelieve and become invested in the characters? I'm glad we have people like you who are superior enough to point out to people how they should react.

You take that back! Hershel was the catalyst of the show and sure in the heck didn't deserve to have his head cut off by the scum-sucking governor, Captain Adam!! If that's your REAL name!!

#109 5 years ago

From the looks of it, the pin looks really nice.
I feel a slight nudge to buy it even though I have not watched wrestling in 35 years, so I don't think any kind of "debacle" in the current arena will hurt this pin.

#110 5 years ago

Best way they can "save" Reigns at this point is to have Heyman turn on Brock and turn Reigns heel. Reigns is improving on the mic, but still no where near where he needs to be to get over like the Rock did once he turned heel. Putting him with Heyman fixes that. The more I think about that, the better it sounds.

#111 5 years ago

Just read the WWE Network hit 1 million subscribers. http://rajah.com/node/45486

I guess people saying they're gonna cancel were empty threats. Who would have thought lol

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

If you are going to Vegas and betting on curling, you've got BIG issues.

Pick a number

maxresdefault.jpg
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Best way they can "save" Reigns at this point is to have Heyman turn on Brock and turn Reigns heel. Reigns is improving on the mic, but still no where near where he needs to be to get over like the Rock did once he turned heel. Putting him with Heyman fixes that. The more I think about that, the better it sounds.

Agree with you completely. Also eliminates Lesnsar from the picture which is perfect, Sting has to factor in somehow though too.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Agree with you completely. Also eliminates Lesnsar from the picture which is perfect, Sting has to factor in somehow though too.

Have Roman go into Mania still face as it is looking now. Authority interferes to "help Brock". Sting comes out to make the save. Roman wins...then beats the tar out of Sting with Heyman looking on in approval. For extra fun have the Rock out there too, and beat him down too.

But...Sting will be busy with HHH so I'm not sure this will happen. Authority might not care enough to make sense either. But replace Sting with The Rock in the above scenario and it still works.

Either way...you just made a new monster heel.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not one bit. Same thing happened last year. Not like this is the first time they haven't done what the fans obviously want.

Agree... the same thing did happen last year. I find it doubtful that the type of people who would shun WWE over one pay preview would have been the type to pay $5,000+ for a WWE game. The folks who fly across the country to attend every day of WrestleMania Access, stay in the fancy hotel and have ring side tickets to the big event... those are the ones who would buy the game.

WWE network has 1 million subscribers world wide now. I'm guessing the pinball machine will have 2,000-4,500 units made (including the LE). It's not like Stern has to sell one to every single WWE fan for it to be a success.

Note: I still have my network subscription and have had it since day one.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Really Lesnar was a UFC Champion, MN State National Wrestling Champion ( yes, real wrestling on a mat, same as the Olympics).

I went to basic training with Brock Lesnar back in 1996. We called him "The Sweede" after the guy from the Heartbreak Ridge movie. Little did we know then...

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

WWE network has 1 million subscribers world wide now

I wouldn't get too excited about that data. Remember when WWE conned everyone into thinking the network would get 1 million right out of the gate and their tv contract would be big? Stock shot up to $30 per share. Well none of that was correct and the stock crashed. There is a law suit involving all this.
http://www.classactionsnews.com/investments/wwe-securities-fraud-class-action-lawsuit

They need 1.4 million worldwide to break even from lost ppv revenue. Also the WWE had a free month at the end of 2014. So where did they get this 1 million number from? Does it include the free subscribers? Does it inclue the free subscribers that forgot to cancel after their 1 free month? The network just was available in the UK. How many of the new, excited subscribers stick around? I'd wait another 2-3 months before believing the WWE and buying their stock. Unless you just are looking for a short term gain.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Who watches this stuff?

booger eaters and 12 year old boys

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

booger eaters and 12 year old boys

So are you buying the Pro or the LE?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

SO.... Let me get this right, the fans didn't like the scripted wrestling match results ? And THAT makes people angry ? And the fact it's all fake just goes right over their heads - they wanted to cheer the fake guy they wanted to fake win ?

Only times I ever enjoyed wrestling was when it was wwf w/ Austin, rock, gen X, etc. Plus I was mega blazed while watching that helped

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

So are you buying the Pro or the LE?

I just spit coffee on my screen, that's some funny shiat right there.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When we were in college my wife and I got hooked on General Hospital! Jason came back, was exciting shit.

That's so funny. My wife and I were really into GH for a couple years as well. It's amazing how engrossed you can become in those shows. We ended up quitting not because we weren't enjoying it, but because it was too much of a commitment to watch an hour long show every day.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Really Lesnar was a UFC Champion, MN State National Wrestling Champion ( yes, real wrestling on a mat, same as the Olympics).
Shut your Mouth and Know your Fing Role!

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? With the exception of Brock Lesner.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? With the exception of Brock Lesner.

Yes!

Unfortunately I have to speed read most posts during the day. Sorry.

#125 5 years ago

Does the crowd still get to decide who wins each match with one of those voting remotes or can you now lock in your vote using the WWE smartphone app?

#126 5 years ago

http://247wallst.com/media/2015/01/28/world-wrestling-entertainment-cant-pin-down-subscribers/

The 1 million subscriber announcement might have been number manipulation. WWE may not have counted the churn.

#127 5 years ago

http://247wallst.com/media/2015/01/28/world-wrestling-entertainment-cant-pin-down-subscribers/
The 1 million subscriber announcement might have been number manipulation. WWE may not have counted the churn.

That is ridiculous. I own a similar-model business (Software as a Service), and I can tell you instantly how many *active* users I have. There is nothing difficult about that. I could also site churn, retention, lifetime users, etc.

If they are playing funny math with numbers, that is purely to influence stock prices.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That is ridiculous. I own a similar-model business (Software as a Service), and I can tell you instantly how many *active* users I have. There is nothing difficult about that. I could also site churn, retention, lifetime users, etc.
If they are playing funny math with numbers, that is purely to influence stock prices.

They should of play ball with directv and dish that dropped some of there PPV's.

WWE Network (Canada) is a real channel and they should of done the same in the USA

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That is ridiculous. I own a similar-model business (Software as a Service), and I can tell you instantly how many *active* users I have. There is nothing difficult about that. I could also site churn, retention, lifetime users, etc. If they are playing funny math with numbers, that is purely to influence stock prices

It is rumored they announced this number in response to the massive amount of people who threatened to cancel their subscription and possibly did. It wouldn't be the first time the wwe wasn't honest about numbers... please see the link for the class action lawsuit against them.

#130 5 years ago

It's Q4 earnings season. That's why.

#131 5 years ago

Many good points have already been made by those defending watching wrestling. Just wanted to add one thing based off a reply I saw earlier in this thread. It wasn't that people weren't upset because the guy they wanted to win ended up losing. People are not happy because the story was sacrificed. The predetermined winner that they (WWE's writers) booked to win isn't ready to be in the position he is in. Everybody can agree that Reigns (the wrestler who won) will be a huge star, possibly the #1 person in the company in a few years. But they feel he has to improve his ring work. Improved ring work allows for better matches and better matches tell better stories.

tl;dr - The fans are upset because there are other wrestlers who could fill the starring role that he is playing from a performance and storytelling perspective.

#132 5 years ago

Unfortunately this might not sell do to theme and the royal rumble stigma well but it sure looks like a blast to play
and i think the LE is cool with the older wrestlers.

I do hate wrestling but loved it for a couple years when i was in grade school (like most boys do at some point) NWO/WCW Revenge on N64 is still a blast to play

#133 5 years ago

Looks like WWE network is Free to New Subscribers for Feb.

#134 5 years ago

the free subscription thing must be working. They did that in November and gave away Survivor Series. They probably saw a favorable amount of retaining customers. Makes sense.

3 weeks later
#135 5 years ago

Well last night sucked. The crowd knew the Roman Reigns victory was inevitable and sat their silently. At least Kidd and Cesara are tag team champs. I also enjoy the Rusev v Cena match. The rest was weak and we'll see them all again at RematchMania

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,100 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
$ 85.00
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside