(Topic ID: 116574)

Will Stern Wrestlemania suffer because of the Royal Rumble debacle?

By DarthXaos

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by captainadam_21
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault.jpg
image.jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

So with the Royal Rumble last night being such a shitshow and pissing off the fanbase to the point where #CancelWWENetwork became the top trend on Twitter, how do you think that will affect the sales of the Wrestlemania pin?

#2 5 years ago

Not one bit. Same thing happened last year. Not like this is the first time they haven't done what the fans obviously want.

#3 5 years ago

wrestling still has fans?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

So with the Royal Rumble last night being such a shitshow and pissing off the fanbase to the point where #CancelWWENetwork became the top trend on Twitter, how do you think that will affect the sales of the Wrestlemania pin?

What happened at the rumble?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not one bit. Same thing happened last year. Not like this is the first time they haven't done what the fans obviously want

This is completely different. Last year they had no idea this would happen. This year they should have seen it coming based on the storm that happened previously.

I don't think it will affect the pinball machines sales but it sure as hell will affect the wwe networks bottom dollar.

#6 5 years ago

Was it a Royal sh*tshow?

#7 5 years ago

I need to know specifics as it will decide whether i cancel my wwe pin order.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened at the rumble

The fan favorite Daniel Bryan was elimated in the middle and the crowd booed the Sh!t out of the rumble for the next 30 minutes. Roman Reigns won and the crowd let him have it. Fans are livid. Cancelling network subscriptions. The wwe network page to cancel your subscription crashed due to heavy traffic. #cancelwwenetwork trended #1 in the US and #3 worldwide. Fans blocked the exit so wrestlers couldn't leave the area. Even the freakin Rock got booed

I have never seen anything like it and don't think I ever will again.

#9 5 years ago

the triple threat was awesome though, so whatevs

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened at the rumble?

The fan favorite Daniel Bryan was eliminated way too early which absolutely deflated the crowd. The guy that management wants to be the future top star won. This shouldn't have surprised anyone. I like the guy. He's got the look and has a ton of potential, but he's just not ready yet. Lots of other guys that deseve that shot right now. His time should come, but down the road. Instead they are pushing him down our throats which is completely not fair to him. This is causing everyone to turn against him.

Honestly it's exactly the same thing that happened (ironically) to his cousin The Rock. Ended up working out ok for him in the end but he went through this exact same BS because of being pushed too fast. Hopefully Roman will find his voice and bust through this eventually. I think he has it in him, but time will tell.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

the triple threat was awesome though, so whatevs

Yea...for whatever the Rumble match was...the title match was a match of the year candidate. Which hopefully the powers that be take notice of. Let's see...Brock and Cena stunk the place up the first two times they headlined a PPV. Throw Rollins in there and it's freaking magic. There's your next big star...he's ready. But to be fair all 3 guys put on a hell of a show. Best title match in a very long time.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Honestly it's exactly the same thing that happened (ironically) to his cousin The Rock.

But wasn't the Rock a heel while doing this? Also times have changed. Fans don't want people forced down their throat and won't cheer for certain wrestlers just because the machine tells them to. Wrestling fans are blue collar and they want to cheer for wrestlers they respect, who have worked their way up. Such as Ziggler and Cesaro and Daniel Bryan. Not because they look good and are related to The Rock.

#13 5 years ago

SO.... Let me get this right, the fans didn't like the scripted wrestling match results ? And THAT makes people angry ? And the fact it's all fake just goes right over their heads - they wanted to cheer the fake guy they wanted to fake win ?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

they wanted to cheer the fake guy they wanted to fake win ?

Sometimes even fiction doesn't go your way. It's a rough world out there.

#15 5 years ago

I just googled WWE, and it appears to be quite the news. I personally have not watched once since the Rock left. This is too funny to read how crazy the fans are.

#16 5 years ago

How did Bob Backlund do in the royal rumble?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

SO.... Let me get this right, the fans didn't like the scripted wrestling match results ? And THAT makes people angry ? And the fact it's all fake just goes right over their heads - they wanted to cheer the fake guy they wanted to fake win

Does it make you feel cool making fun of people who like wrestling? Where are your comments for people who cry over fake characters at fake movies? Where are your comments when people get mad that their favorite fake characters are killed off in a fake tv show?

What is the point of fiction if you don't suspend disbelieve and become invested in the characters? I'm glad we have people like you who are superior enough to point out to people how they should react.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

How did Bob Backlund do in the Royal Rumble

His cross-face chicken wing does not work as well as it used to unfortunately.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

How did Bob Backlund do in the Royal Rumble?

He wasn't in it.

They did have Bubba Ray Dudley, Diamond Dallas Page and the Boogeyman.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...for whatever the Rumble match was...the title match was a match of the year candidate. Which hopefully the powers that be take notice of. Let's see...Brock and Cena stunk the place up the first two times they headlined a PPV. Throw Rollins in there and it's freaking magic. There's your next big star...he's ready. But to be fair all 3 guys put on a hell of a show. Best title match in a very long time.

Lesnar, Rollins, Cena was awesome.

The ladies tag match was better than the RR. Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose were the fan favorites. I like Reigns but he is really getting a big push. He got as many boos if not more than Batista last year.
I really wondered if Bryan was hurt again and the reason for the early elimination.

#21 5 years ago

Nope, not at all.

#22 5 years ago

I don't even know what you guys are talking about.

Going back to the most amazing thread on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
Going back to the most amazing thread on pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-

Then get the hell out of here Chris.

Looks like no raw tonight: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/breaking-news-tonight-s-raw-tv-taping-cancelled-details-inside-here

#24 5 years ago

Someone pinch me

#25 5 years ago

Doesnt that have more to do with the pending blizzard?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Then get the hell out of here Chris.

I envision you saying this like the Hulkster.

"whatcha gonna do when the pinsiders put a beatdown on you"

#27 5 years ago

I watched the Rumble last night. First one I have watched in ages...10 years plus.

So I am watching it from a perspective of : i barely know the characters involved and their back stories leading into the matches. So I got no favorites etc. Just an old school fan watching a ppv.

From a pure entertainment perspective, I thought it was brilliant and well played. Solid matches. Solid acting. Well scripted with great flow.

The rumble was pure magic at times.

So there ya go. I might have to get back into watching again. It was a lot of fun. I used to love it during the attitude era. Loved watching it as a kid. Bring Chyna back and we may have something.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Solid acting. Well scripted with great flow.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? ACTING?????

#t=11

Ok Tom I'm leaving.......

#29 5 years ago

What is the rumble? Is it some type of elimination tournmant or is it a group of so many guys in the ring at one time?

Do you need to subscribe or is it on Hulu?

#30 5 years ago

Are you kidding?

This isn't deflate gate. Wrestling isn't an actual sport. I have no idea what you are talking about - this didn't make the papers.

Won't affect sales either way.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Doesnt that have more to do with the pending blizzard?

Yes, obviously.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? ACTING?????
» YouTube video
Ok Tom I'm leaving.......

Have a nice day Chris!

image.jpg
#33 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?
This isn't deflate gate. Wrestling isn't an actual sport. I have no idea what you are talking about - this didn't make the papers.
Won't affect sales either way.

Didn't you use to wrestle under the name Crazy Levi!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?
This isn't deflate gate. Wrestling isn't an actual sport.

While there is athleticism and training involved, it is not a sport per se. But it can be highly entertaining for sure.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

But wasn't the Rock a heel while doing this?

Actually no, his original hate came from him being pushed out of nowhere to win the IC title while being extremely green, and having a bland babyface persona in an era where Stone Cold was starting to become really popular.

He didn't start getting cheered until he became a heel, took some acting classes, and started dropping some amazing promos as a heel

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

While there is athleticism and training involved, it is not a sport per se. But it can be highly entertaining for sure.

Of course.

But the idea that whatever happened at last night's Royal Rumble is in any way going to enter the public consciousness doesn't seem too realistic to me.

I'm sure Stern isn't suddenly having any terror sweats over it.

Now here's a musical tribute to Macho Man Randy Savage:

#37 5 years ago

Really...the haters do not have enough threads to shit in already? Seriously you guys...if you don't like it that's ok. Some of us do like it and that's ok too.

Rumble was fun overall, just a bad choice for a winner. Wyatt was a monster early on. I'd say he really elevated himself last night. Him and Boogeyman facing off was hilarious too.

As for the Rock comparison with Roman right now...I'm pretty sure Rock was getting pushed as a face when the crowd turned on him too. It was then that they decided to turn him heel. If I remember right that is. Honestly, that would be the best thing to do with Roman right now. I think he'd be a way better heel and since he's getting the heat anyway, just roll with it.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have a nice day Chris!

image.jpg 48 KB

WOW. That's gross. On a side note. Spent part of the day with Russ checking out his collection and talking shop. Your on my list. Would love to make the trip north to check things out. Yes I just invited myself.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

WOW. That's gross. On a side note. Spent part of the day with Russ checking out his collection and talking shop. Your on my list. Would love to make the trip north to check things out. Yes I just invited myself.

By the way...that white thing in his nose in that picture? Yup...it's his tooth.

Don't worry...we all invite ourselves over to Tom's.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have a nice day Chris!

image.jpg 48 KB

SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH!

MY GAWD HE'S BROKEN IN HALF!

#42 5 years ago

Is the Macho Man in the LE yet?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

SO.... Let me get this right, the fans didn't like the scripted wrestling match results ? And THAT makes people angry ? And the fact it's all fake just goes right over their heads - they wanted to cheer the fake guy they wanted to fake win ?

Would you have been happy if at the end of the Avengers movie Loki killed all of the Avengers and earth was destroyed? Would you have said that was poor scripting and been disappointed?

What makes wrestling any different from that?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

No worries Chris. Send me a pm or email and we can work something out one of these days. Bring Tim and some $1 bills.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

this didn't make the papers.

The papers? What is this the 50s? No one reads "the papers". Check the net. usatoday.com. rollingstones.com. I could go on in regards to online articles covering it.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Actually no, his original hate came from him being pushed out of nowhere to win the IC title while being extremely green, and having a bland babyface persona in an era where Stone Cold was starting to become really popular

Thanks. I was watching WCW then and didn't get into the WWF until after that. I think he was leading the Nation of Domination when I switched over.

#47 5 years ago

I really do not know much about wrestling. I have no idea who the fan favorites are or who should win or not win. But I will say I know a good marketing when I see it. This royal rumble is getting a lot of media attention. WWE is creating drama. I can only think this is going to increase fan interest. Wait until a rematch. I bet their ratings will be awesome.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The fan favorite Daniel Bryan was elimated in the middle and the crowd booed the Sh!t out of the rumble for the next 30 minutes. Roman Reigns won and the crowd let him have it. Fans are livid. Cancelling network subscriptions. The wwe network page to cancel your subscription crashed due to heavy traffic. #cancelwwenetwork trended #1 in the US and #3 worldwide. Fans blocked the exit so wrestlers couldn't leave the area. Even the freakin Rock got booed
I have never seen anything like it and don't think I ever will again.

So, people are pissed about the order of the eliminations that occurred? Isn't the "idea" supposed to be that the winner is not predetermined and that anything can happen? What a stupid reaction they're all having.

I guess the same fans who argue "it's not fake" actually prefer for it to be fake.

#49 5 years ago

I have a feeling Bryan will be put in the match with Lesnar and Reigns. Yes another triple threat match headlining WrestleMania

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Would you have been happy if at the end of the Avengers movie Loki killed all of the Avengers and earth was destroyed? Would you have said that was poor scripting and been disappointed?
What makes wrestling any different from that?

Actually this is more like if Loki killed all the Avengers and some really disliked bland boring invincible hero who noone cares about showed up to save the earth in the end.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Smithfield, RI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside