Topic poll

“Value of Rick and Morty”

• Yes, it will climb in value 1k to 2k 36 votes
    13%
  • Yes, it will climb in value 2k to 4k 19 votes
    7%
  • Yes, it will climb in value more than 4k 19 votes
    7%
  • No, it will maybe hold it's value or sell for slightly under NIB like TNA 206 votes
    74%

(280 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
013.gif
DlsXNB2UYAAzlBK (resized).jpg
milhouse.gif
2f0bzq (resized).jpg
3jq4s3 (resized).jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

750 is still a lot of games overall. Curious where these will land on the secondary market eventually.

#2 4 years ago

We were running low on R and M threads....good thing a fresh batch cropped up

#3 4 years ago

Everyone should have their own R&M thread!

#4 4 years ago

Depends on how great the game is and how many owners hold on to them
Supply and demand

If most owners, like myself, plan on holding this title for years - the are going to be difficult to find used and prices will rise
Heck - the 1,000's of R&M fans that are not inside the pinball universe don't even know this machine exists yet.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Depends on how great the game is and how many owners hold on to them
Supply and demand
If most owners, like myself, plan on holding this title for years - the are going to be difficult to find used and prices will rise
Heck - the 1,000's of R&M fans that are not inside the pinball universe don't even know this machine exists yet.

But I wonder what percentage of those fans would be willing to put down 8k on a machine, or have the means to since a lot of the fan base is probably the younger generation.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

We were running low on R and M threads....good thing a fresh batch cropped up

To be fair the census of Stranger Things threads VS Rick and Morty threads are probably at par.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

But I wonder what percentage of those fans would be willing to put down 8k on a machine, or have the means to since a lot of the fan base is probably the younger generation.

I know of 750 people who just happened to have $7,500 layin' around just yesterday.

#9 4 years ago

I voted no simply because there was no option for: Who cares? I bought it to play it.

#10 4 years ago

Might hold its value but I I doubt it will go up.

#11 4 years ago

I’m sure some of the first games will change hands for a profit. There will be a lot of impatient buyers that don’t want to wait up to 18 months to get their game. Same thing happened with TNA

#12 4 years ago

Limited games - sold out within a few hours?

Of course it will go up.

#13 4 years ago

Yes, surely everybody who bought one will be getting rich off of their investment.

#14 4 years ago

I think if gameplay is pretty good to great, it will go up in value. But if gameplay is meh or clunky, or people just don't enjoy it. It may hold just under msrp or drop. The theme and limited numbers will keep it decent value no matter what. But even TNA at 550? sells for less than msrp used and that was a good game.

#15 4 years ago

750 is still a lot of games overall. Curious where these will land on the secondary market eventually.

1000 TAFG. Yes, I am comparing this to TAFG... prove me wrong. If the regular fan base was aware of yesterday, there would be plenty of heartache in the main thread. If I did not get one, I was prepared to pay significantly more than MSRP to secure one.

As long as 750 owners are dedicated, machines don't pop up for sale too frequently, and the few machines on route are well received by pinheads and R&M fans alike, I easily see the price of a BSE going up to 9-10k (especially by Christmas, lol) and remaining steady.

Really, if every single owner "fixes" the secondary market price when they eventually pop up for sale, the situation will mimic TAFG. My father-in-law sold TAFG #30 for about 19k because someone was willing to pay that price to get their hands on it (and other owners hardly sell and when they do, they ask for silly money).

If scarcity on the secondary market exists in the future and the potential seller sets a price accordingly, the only limit on valuation are the depth of the buyer's pockets and their willingness to be parted from his or her money for a pinball machine.

So owners, let us unionize and create a binding agreement to never let one of these machines onto the secondary market for less than $14,000... lol.

#16 4 years ago

Probably follow similar pattern to other games.

Months 1 - 3 will go higher for sure.

Months 4 - 9 stay above purchase price.

Months 10 onwards - start to trend downwards.

Year 1 - 3 around purchase price.

After that, who knows!

#17 4 years ago

Everyone should have their own R&M thread!

curious if you got one?

#18 4 years ago

Yes it will, I've offered up $1.00 USD above actual invoice to the first taker!

#19 4 years ago

$50,000 by Christmas

#20 4 years ago

Yes.

Until it goes back down.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

$50,000 by Christmas

You've seen the fake listing on eBay?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious if you got one?

Yes, he has his own Rick and Morty thread. And it's awesome!

Will you get one?

#23 4 years ago

Two phases:

pre-GA... it will go up once numbers are known and people want to 'get one early'
post-GA - once the game is well understood in the field... and code is mostly complete... people will know if the game is really a good player or not, and that will drive values.

You can expect there will be plenty of games bought as speculation... so there will be games or slots available. The key is simply demand to push it's value.

Given it's a new game, unless it's WWE, its going to retain at least 85% of its paid price for awhile.

The struggle will be is there have been plenty of hints that code will not be anywhere near done when games start going out. So we are going to have to weather the period where impressions will be hindered by software.. and promises of 'code will come...'

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

1000 TAFG. Yes, I am comparing this to TAFG... prove me wrong. If the regular fan base was aware of yesterday, there would be plenty of heartache in the main thread. If I did not get one, I was prepared to pay significantly more than MSRP to secure one.
As long as 750 owners are dedicated, machines don't pop up for sale too frequently, and the few machines on route are well received by pinheads and R&M fans alike, I easily see the price of a BSE going up to 9-10k (especially by Christmas, lol) and remaining steady.
Really, if every single owner "fixes" the secondary market price when they eventually pop up for sale, the situation will mimic TAFG. My father-in-law sold TAFG #30 for about 19k because someone was willing to pay that price to get their hands on it (and other owners hardly sell and when they do, they ask for silly money).
If scarcity on the secondary market exists in the future and the potential seller sets a price accordingly, the only limit on valuation are the depth of the buyer's pockets and their willingness to be parted from his or her money for a pinball machine.
So owners, let us unionize and create a binding agreement to never let one of these machines onto the secondary market for less than $14,000... lol.

please say you do not believe this garble? and comparing it to TAFG - LOL

It will end up right right where TNA, RZ, and AMH are currently

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

please say you do not believe this garble? and comparing it to TAFG - LOL
It will end up right right where TNA, RZ, and AMH are currently

3jq4s3 (resized).jpg3jq4s3 (resized).jpg
#26 4 years ago

RZ sold out very quickly. Early machines were flipped for a profit. There is a rabid fan base outside of the pinball community. No poll option for 'will drop in value like RZ'?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

No poll option for 'will drop in value like RZ'?

It couldn't end up being that bad of a game though... I mean I couldn't fathom.

#28 4 years ago

We are talking about a sold out game based on a currently hot show voted #12 best TV show EVER on imdb. Highest comedy on the list. Highest animated show on the list. Not some generic nuke theme, not freaking Rob Zombie, not a silly ghost theme, not even a washed up rock star with a once edgy girl's name and close to zero current relevance.

We are talking about a game that basically sold out its entire production run in like four hours.

We are talking about a dream team's game from a company just hitting its stride, with modes based on crazy adventures from the show which fans will recognize and which will therefore suck them right in.

Can't think of any reason the price will go up, though.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I know of 750 people who just happened to have $7,500 layin' around just yesterday.

Don't you mean $1000?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Limited games - sold out within a few hours?
Of course it will go up.

RZ sold out in hours also but look at the value of those games. If its a great game, who knows.

#31 4 years ago

They made just enough for the pinball buyer market at the correct price point.

#32 4 years ago

Another flash in the pan. I remember the hype for Munsters, then the cracks once they were played, then downright hostility. What is the first Simpsons pin worth? Probably where R&M ends up.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Another flash in the pan. I remember the hype for Munsters, then the cracks once they were played, then downright hostility. What is the first Simpsons pin worth? Probably where R&M ends up.

Oscar Wilde said we always destroy the things we love. Nowhere is that truer than in Pinball!

#34 4 years ago

My Pinvestment Advisor advised me to buy R&M. I said "Are you sure?". He said "Trust me".

#35 4 years ago

Lets track down the Diamond and Platinum Beatles buyers and ask them how their "investment" is doing. I am pretty sure Stern never made all 1964, and the Beatles fans are an even bigger fan base. Stern is also marketing to a bigger pool by default.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Rule #1
Do not buy NIB pins for speculation. Bad idea even 5 years ago. At today's prices........

2f0bzq (resized).jpg2f0bzq (resized).jpg

#37 4 years ago

Look, I think it's time for everybody who did not buy an R&M to admit the truth: they made a horrible mistake that will haunt them the rest of their days.

The young will actually envy the aged, as that's simply more decades of regret that will affect their every action from now until the grave. At least the elderly have scant years until the sweet embrace of death or senility finally frees them from their prison without bars - the gilded jail of which they cannot escape; the realization that they have doomed themselves and their families to lives of abject poverty because they didn't pull the trigger on Rick and Morty when they had the chance.

Myself, I will slog through the years, putting on a brave face and even continuing to buy and sell pinball machines. Yes, I'll have my moments of diversion, where I sell a 30-year old game for $200 profit and a faint smile crests my lips.

But hiding behind the façade of joy will always be the dark truth of my failure to properly invest my pinball money, as Rick and Morty continues to soar unabated into the annals of pinball profiteering history.

And those few moments between when I wake up each morning, and before I remember the crushing failure to act that fateful December morn? These will truly be my only few seconds of peace that I find daily until my dying breath. Surely, my last conscious act on this Earthly plane will be to remember the day my life changed forever into one of hope and joy, into regret and sadness.

So thanks a lot PC programmer. Really appreciate the twisting of the knife.

#38 4 years ago

That BS edition is nearing $7,500. That will buy you a decent percentage of machines on the market. Then again with Bally / Williams, Stern, or JJP we do know they can be remade, vaulted or re-titled as the super-duper, this time we mean it, limited edition, so perhaps that's creating a cap on there machines. We trust that there will only ever be 750 of these machines. That alone won't drive price, but combined with being a unique layout and great theme who knows. I continue be to be surprised by the pinball communities willingness to spend. I'd vote yes, it will increase in value.

#39 4 years ago

Project pinball's rick and morty blood sucker raffle just went live!

#40 4 years ago

I love this site.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lets track down the Diamond and Platinum Beatles buyers and ask them how their "investment" is doing. I am pretty sure Stern never made all 1964, and the Beatles are an even bigger fan base. Stern is also marketing to a bigger pool by default.

Overpriced cash grab on a mediocre game, let's not.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lets track down the Diamond and Platinum Beatles buyers and ask them how their "investment" is doing. I am pretty sure Stern never made all 1964, and the Beatles are an even bigger fan base. Stern is also marketing to a bigger pool by default.

Good point. Price pumpers are always saying "Wait until the fan base (outside of pinball) gets wind of this." And it always has almost zero impact. Only us pinball fans pony up for these things.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Overpriced cash grab on a mediocre game, let's not.

We haven't even seen R&M flip though....

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, I think it's time for everybody who did not buy an R&M to admit the truth: they made a horrible mistake that will haunt them the rest of their days.
The young will actually envy the aged, as that's simply more decades of regret that will affect their every action from now until the grave. At least the elderly have scant years until the sweet embrace of death or senility finally frees them from their prison without bars - the gilded jail of which they cannot escape; the realization that they have doomed themselves and their families to lives of abject poverty because they didn't pull the trigger on Rick and Morty when they had the chance.
Myself, I will slog through the years, putting on a brave face and even continuing to buy and sell pinball machines. Yes, I'll have my moments of diversion, where I sell a 30-year old game for $200 profit and a faint smile crests my lips.
But hiding behind the façade of joy will always be the dark truth of my failure to properly invest my pinball money, as Rick and Morty continues to soar unabated into the annals of pinball profiteering history.
And those few moments between when I wake up each morning, and before I remember the crushing failure to act that fateful December morn? These will truly be my only few seconds of peace that I find daily until my dying breath. Surely, my last conscious act on this Earthly plane will be to remember the day my life changed forever into one of hope and joy, into regret and sadness.
So thanks a lot PC programmer. Really appreciate the twisting of the knife.

This has my vote for pinside post of the year...hilarious (and strikingly accurate).

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good point. Price pumpers are always saying "Wait until the fan base (outside of pinball) gets wind of this." And it always has almost zero impact. Only us pinball fans pony up for these things.

I think you're right in general. Supreme seems to have been an aberration. Those people are just nuts.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not that I would really expect it to be. I think Spooky is on a roll. Just pointing out that all the options in the poll sound like a win-win for the owners, at a time in pinball where nearly all new games are dropping in value due to the high prices of NIB and oversaturation. The reasons cited for this being a 'sure thing' are not exclusive to R&M.

#47 4 years ago

If it follows the pattern of the Spooky pins before it, the answer is of course, no. Maybe this one breaks the cycle, but I doubt it.

#48 4 years ago

I think it will be possible to pick up a game in 18 - 24 months for less than NIB.

That's my plan.

Play it and get it one day.

No hurry.

#49 4 years ago

Yes...I see ops charging $1 a game everywhere.

Except Denver... Our ops are the best in the land!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think it will be possible to pick up a game in 18 - 24 months for less than NIB.
That's my plan.
Play it and get it one day.
No hurry.

You are probably right. This is the reality of almost any new pin, though every once in a while a Tron or POTC comes around. In general though, you're paying a premium for NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 300.00
10,500 (OBO)
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-rick-amp-morty-go-up-in-value?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.