Topic poll

“Value of Rick and Morty”

• Yes, it will climb in value 1k to 2k 36 votes
    13%
  • Yes, it will climb in value 2k to 4k 19 votes
    7%
  • Yes, it will climb in value more than 4k 19 votes
    7%
  • No, it will maybe hold it's value or sell for slightly under NIB like TNA 206 votes
    74%

(280 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
013.gif
DlsXNB2UYAAzlBK (resized).jpg
milhouse.gif
2f0bzq (resized).jpg
3jq4s3 (resized).jpg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Perhaps we should wait and Let the games get built and enjoy them first....

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Rule #1
Do not buy NIB pins for speculation. Bad idea even 5 years ago. At today's prices........
[quoted image]

Who bought on speculation? Perhaps the meme above in my second post went over your head? I posted it to help clarify the light-hearted, factitious original post I made.

Let me explain a bit why I bought Rick and Morty pinball. I like American companies, especially small businesses with strong ties to the local community. I have money to spend on luxury items. I love Rick and Morty, it has been a dream theme for me since the show first aired. I love pinball. So add these things together and money changes hands. I will never sell my Rick and Morty pin. I will never sell my TFTC. I will never sell my RFM. I bought them to keep and enjoy. Any pin that I feel strongly enough to purchase will remain in my collection indefinitely.

While my original post has smatterings of truth (like TAFG #30 being sold by my father-in-law for that much money or statements about the R&M fanbase) it is posted here with my virtual tongue pressed as far out into my virtual cheek as possible. @Woody76 gets the sarcasm, sensationalism and meme.

Just to comfort you so my opinions don't spark condemnation for failing to follow the #1 rule in pinball: I believe the price will go up, then level off, then float down towards retail if not lower. I purchased this to keep forever, with the only speculation being how much my wife, our friends, and our families will love it.

#53 4 years ago

Wow hyping much? This sounds just like a bunch of Supreme fanboys lol

#54 4 years ago

The only thing that needs to happen enough for this game to skyrocket is this...

Quoted from P1nhead:

I will never sell my Rick and Morty pin.

And a unique layout game that swears at you just might have enough staying power for most.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And a unique layout game that swears at you just might have enough staying power for most.

Didn't work for Rob Zombie, or South Park, or Sopranos, but I do enjoy the profanity!

This Mork & Mindy theme does nothing for me, but I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to playing it.

#56 4 years ago

Didn't work for Rob Zombie, or South Park. Or Sopranos, but I do enjoy the profanity!
This Mork & Mindy theme does nothing for me, but I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to playing it.

mork and mindy…………….that's funny!

#57 4 years ago

Didn't work for Rob Zombie, or South Park. Or Sopranos, but I do enjoy the profanity!

It’s working pretty well for South Park at least. This one should be an atm machine on route just like SP, so it’ll always have op demand.

R&M seems zany enough to make someone always decide to sell something else from their collection other than this game.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m sure some of the first games will change hands for a profit. There will be a lot of impatient buyers that don’t want to wait up to 18 months to get their game. Same thing happened with TNA

Coz you are full of pinball wisdom...it’s almost as if this scenario has played out before... lol
I have to admit the hype and rarity of this title is increased but there will be literally 10 more titles out plus the good ones we already have before this game is finished in production and then...oooh look the next shiny!
I had a bs edition in the cart ready to pull the trigger then I thought to myself wtf?! I’m about spend 8k on a title I haven’t played and only watched 4-5 episodes...the hype is real but today I don’t feel one ounce of regret because I came to my senses. I’m really happy for Charlie and team and hope their next few titles are this great but this hobby does weird things to people lmao

#59 4 years ago

Supply and demand will determine price in the secondary market plain and simple, just like every other pin. Someone list a R&M pin for 10k gets flamed and sells it in <30min you bet this will inc the secondary market. Same guy list for 7k and it sits for a few weeks same effect drop price till it sells. Why are we even talking about this when we haven't even seen game play/flow? Looks will be deceiving on this pin. IMO its not a dressed up Turd, its a solid pin made by a solid company who truly loves pinball. They put a majority of the budget into "the actual game" and there was nothing left to dress it up without sacrificing. They almost ditched the magansave because they were over budget, and bc it was so fun they left it in (if this is indeed kool aid, i drank it).

R&M 1971 for 1,000,000 years! For ever and ever!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I love this site.

When you start speculating on speculation....

milhouse.gifmilhouse.gif
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Supply and demand will determine price in the secondary market plain and simple, just like every other pin. Someone list a R&amp;M pin for 10k gets flamed and sells it in &lt;30min you bet this will inc the secondary market. Same guy list for 7k and it sits for a few weeks same effect drop price till it sells. Why are we even talking about this when we haven't even seen game play/flow? Looks will be deceiving on this pin. IMO its not a dressed up Turd, its a solid pin made by a solid company who truly loves pinball. They put a majority of the budget into "the actual game" and there was nothing left to dress it up without sacrificing. They almost ditched the magansave because they were over budget, and bc it was so fun they left it in (if this is indeed kool aid, i drank it).
R&amp;M 1971 for 1,000,000 years! For ever and ever!

Honestly, I'm hoping for amazing gameplay. I do not think the pin itself 'looks' all that amazing or complex. I hope that licensing and custom callouts didn't eat up all the funding. I bought this game on Theme and hopefulness alone (lol...something I never do).

The whole magnasave thing...I don't get. It's not something that hasn't been done before, it just doesn't get done very often. I'm curious what gameplay element they've done to make it 'different' that makes it that much more fun than any game that's done it in the past.

Personally, as long as this game doesn't suck, I think it should maintain or slightly lower its value like most pins do over time. I do not think it is rare enough to say it is going to go crazy on price over the years. As long as we have a constant influx of new pins coming in, prices are going to start dropping across the board as the market becomes even more saturated and people want the newest games.

But what do I know....I still don't get the popularity of Tron or TAF or why trashed project pins are over $1k.

#62 4 years ago

Looking at the skewed poll choices, there should be a couple more "no" options (like maybe- "no, this will drop like a rock once the buzz has faded"). Way too many optimistic "yes" postulations when the overwhelming majority feel this ain't going nowhere but down.

#64 4 years ago

What a f ing joke these polls

Pathetic

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lets track down the Diamond and Platinum Beatles buyers and ask them how their "investment" is doing.

Yes, the Beatles are super hot right now.

It's gonna cost me $1000 a seat to see them at the Hollywood Bowl this coming spring.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, the Beatles are super hot right now.
It's gonna cost me $1000 a seat to see them at the Hollywood Bowl this coming spring.

Pricey but if all four show up on time it’s a steal!

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, I think it's time for everybody who did not buy an R&amp;M to admit the truth: they made a horrible mistake that will haunt them the rest of their days.
The young will actually envy the aged, as that's simply more decades of regret that will affect their every action from now until the grave. At least the elderly have scant years until the sweet embrace of death or senility finally frees them from their prison without bars - the gilded jail of which they cannot escape; the realization that they have doomed themselves and their families to lives of abject poverty because they didn't pull the trigger on Rick and Morty when they had the chance.
Myself, I will slog through the years, putting on a brave face and even continuing to buy and sell pinball machines. Yes, I'll have my moments of diversion, where I sell a 30-year old game for $200 profit and a faint smile crests my lips.
But hiding behind the façade of joy will always be the dark truth of my failure to properly invest my pinball money, as Rick and Morty continues to soar unabated into the annals of pinball profiteering history.
And those few moments between when I wake up each morning, and before I remember the crushing failure to act that fateful December morn? These will truly be my only few seconds of peace that I find daily until my dying breath. Surely, my last conscious act on this Earthly plane will be to remember the day my life changed forever into one of hope and joy, into regret and sadness.
So thanks a lot PC programmer. Really appreciate the twisting of the knife.

Truly the best post of the year

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, I think it's time for everybody who did not buy an R&amp;M to admit the truth: they made a horrible mistake that will haunt them the rest of their days.
The young will actually envy the aged, as that's simply more decades of regret that will affect their every action from now until the grave. At least the elderly have scant years until the sweet embrace of death or senility finally frees them from their prison without bars - the gilded jail of which they cannot escape; the realization that they have doomed themselves and their families to lives of abject poverty because they didn't pull the trigger on Rick and Morty when they had the chance.
Myself, I will slog through the years, putting on a brave face and even continuing to buy and sell pinball machines. Yes, I'll have my moments of diversion, where I sell a 30-year old game for $200 profit and a faint smile crests my lips.
But hiding behind the façade of joy will always be the dark truth of my failure to properly invest my pinball money, as Rick and Morty continues to soar unabated into the annals of pinball profiteering history.
And those few moments between when I wake up each morning, and before I remember the crushing failure to act that fateful December morn? These will truly be my only few seconds of peace that I find daily until my dying breath. Surely, my last conscious act on this Earthly plane will be to remember the day my life changed forever into one of hope and joy, into regret and sadness.
So thanks a lot PC programmer. Really appreciate the twisting of the knife.

That’s some funny stuff. Don’t worry...I’m sure in another dimension an alternative you had the foresight to buy a Rick and Morty and is living happily ever after.

#69 4 years ago

No ! It’s gonna tank just like the munsters

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Heck - the 1,000's of R&amp;M fans that are not inside the pinball universe don't even know this machine exists yet.

LOL.......only thousands??? Really?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

LOL.......only thousands??? Really?

That number is probably 'pinball people'. The R&M numbers are in the multiple millions world wide.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That number is probably 'pinball people'. The R&amp;M numbers are in the multiple millions world wide.

Your correct
This fanbase cant be underestimated. Most of them stream it on Kodi and are not even accounted for.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pricey but if all four show up on time it’s a steal!

I just found out it's going to be Zac Sparky on drums. What a ripoff!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That number is probably 'pinball people'. The R&amp;M numbers are in the multiple millions world wide.

...and that "multiple millions" is just in this dimension.

#75 4 years ago

And then the people who realize they no longer want in on all of this and sell their deposit, some at a loss.
Machines will be plenty available a little later next year. No worries.
-Mike

#76 4 years ago

Who knows? Bet your ass man!

#77 4 years ago

I see a lot of people betting (i.e. hoping) they can jump in on a reduced price spot in the future.

That alone is telling.

#78 4 years ago
DlsXNB2UYAAzlBK (resized).jpgDlsXNB2UYAAzlBK (resized).jpg
#79 4 years ago

AMH - No
RZ - No
TNA - No
ACNC - No

Over enthusiastic pinsider killing time after having too much to drink? Guess what that answer will be? No

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I see a lot of people betting (i.e. hoping) they can jump in on a reduced price spot in the future.

That alone is telling.

In the meantime, other Rick and Morty merchandise is becoming popular and selling fairly well as the show becomes more popular and well known.

During Super Bowl, Pringles will be showing their Rick and Morty ad, and then the whole world will know.

#81 4 years ago

The people voting NO are the ones who didn't buy it

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That alone is telling.

Yea someone mentioned they’d pick up a preorder slot in a few months for $500. Seriously wishful thinking!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea someone mentioned they’d pick up a preorder slot in a few months for $500. Seriously wishful thinking!

What an idiot. Anyone with a preorder slot knows they will be going for $1500 - $2000 minimum.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

What an idiot. Anyone with a preorder slot knows they will be going for $1500 - $2000 minimum.

I actually predict way fewer of these will be changing hands. I think lots of people bought because they actually want this game.

Granted there are always the DBag speKulators so that is a wild card.

#85 4 years ago

I got in with PinballStar ASAP and checked out at 10:01 am, not sure where that puts me in line yet. I can say I’d be wiling to trade with someone substantially closer to the front of the line and pay $$$ for it. I’d have to imagine low numbers will ascend and later numbers may hold steady if the demand stays constant. At that point it’s going to be based on the game and the competition. 18 months is a long time away!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The whole magnasave thing...I don't get. It's not something that hasn't been done before, it just doesn't get done very often. I'm curious what gameplay element they've done to make it 'different' that makes it that much more fun than any game that's done it in the past.

Im not so sure this is your standard magnasave.

It has a meter you charge and discharge. It isnt just on and off and you activate it by hitting targets. Its a charge you can build up. Flooble crank related most likely.

Since it doesnt just lock on when you hit the button, I can see a fast tap of the button acting like the shadow magnet and the ball could get whipped back into play instead of just held there for a bit then dropped. Thus, keeping game play fast and moving. Not stop and go.

I agree, a lot of RAM heads came out for this one. I hope they dont change hands and we all get our games and are happy in the end.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

$50,000 by Christmas

HAHHAHAHA....

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

coz you are full of pinball wisdom...it’s almost as if this scenario has played out before... lol
I have to admit the hype and rarity of this title is increased but there will be literally 10 more titles out plus the good ones we already have before this game is finished in production and then...oooh look the next shiny!
I had a bs edition in the cart ready to pull the trigger then I thought to myself wtf?! I’m about spend 8k on a title I haven’t played and only watched 4-5 episodes...the hype is real but today I don’t feel one ounce of regret because I came to my senses. I’m really happy for Charlie and team and hope their next few titles are this great but this hobby does weird things to people lmao

Smart man, I am blown away by the fools on this forum.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I have seen it over and over the last 5-6 years. People will get tired of waiting 12+ months and something new and shiny will come out from another manufacturer that will ship immediately and they will sell their spot for a 20% loss. Happens every time.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have seen it over and over the last 5-6 years. People will get tired of waiting 12+ months and something new and shiny will come out from another manufacturer that will ship immediately and they will sell their spot for a 20% loss. Happens every time.

because none of those games are limited.

there's no game on the planet that stern could make that would make me trade my rick & morty spot. their games (and dogshit customer service) just aren't worth the asking price.

JJP or Spooky on the other hand...

Sure if they make Pulp Fiction or Breaking Bad AND Danesi is in charge again. But other than that...

#91 4 years ago

I'm a Rick and Morty fan, but this pin underwhelmed me from what little I've seen. Right ramp is basic; playfield artwork is uninspired; not a fan of a center scoop shot; not a fan of magna save.

I need to see how the game plays and how it flows before thinking about buying one used down the line. In 12 months, this is just another pin that will be available 2nd hand.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm a Rick and Morty fan, but this pin underwhelmed me from what little I've seen. Right ramp is basic; playfield artwork is uninspired; not a fan of a center scoop shot; not a fan of magna save.
I need to see how the game plays and how it flows before thinking about buying one used down the line. In 12 months, this is just another pin that will be available 2nd hand.

So you need to see how it plays before you can make the determination...

And then you make the determination without playing said game...

interesting.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

And all of them is downvoting every post that is questioning the concept of Rick & Morty production run identical to Alice Cooper.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

So you need to see how it plays before you can make the determination...
And then you make the determination without playing said game...
interesting.

"see how it plays" - in my mind I meant that to imply me actually playing it. Didn't translate correctly from my brain to the keyboard.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think this is going to start to ship out January, and people waited a longer time for a TBL

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

And all of them is downvoting every post that is questioning the concept of Rick &amp; Morty production run identical to Alice Cooper.

What? Are you hallucinating?

#97 4 years ago

Based on theme, were any of the other spooky games really that desirable to own? Maybe TNA? This is their first really desirable title in my view.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I'm sure you're right about the way it has shaken out before. What may end up being different is that I am seeing a lot of people in my boat: People who haven't really ever considered a NIB pin before. If I didn't get a Rick and Morty my money wasn't going to another machine or the next shiny new announcement. I was buying because I really enjoy the way TNA plays, sounds and looks. I also like the way Charlie does business. I really like Rick and Morty but that was just icing on the cake. I may not be buried with it but when I sell, it's unlikely going to be for the newest, trendiest pin.

#99 4 years ago

I would just advise people to be patient. You only have ~1500 wrapped up in it currently. I'm sure for some that is way more money than for others, but you'll get your game. I would say don't sell your spot unless you desperately need the money, or you simply decide you don't want it. I wouldn't sell it just because another new shiny game comes along. Chances are you'll have way more oppportunities to buy THAT game down the road, than this one.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would just advise people to be patient. You only have ~1500 wrapped up in it currently. I'm sure for some that is way more money than for others, but you'll get your game. I would say don't sell your spot unless you desperately need the money, or you simply decide you don't want it. I wouldn't sell it just because another new shiny game comes along. Chances are you'll have way more oppportunities to buy THAT game down the road, than this one.

I think before you pay for a pin you should be ready for the wait time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-rick-amp-morty-go-up-in-value/page/2?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.