(Topic ID: 221643)

Will removing the mylar hurt the playfield paint? It won't I promise:)

By hailrazer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hailrazer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

010 (resized).JPG
    007 (resized).JPG
    004 (resized).JPG
    003 (resized).JPG
    001 (resized).JPG
    20180722_154908 (resized).jpg
    20180722_154746 (resized).jpg
    20180703_221905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ockeyhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I was at work & a coworker informed me that there was a pinball machine up for auction that evening. I immediately went on the website & there it was a Centaur. I called the auction house & placed a bid of $1000. The machine was roached & I acquired the machine for $500. After much work I finally had Centaur up & running. But cosmetically, the playfield was a zero. So I pulled everything off the playfield, including the mylar. Underneath the mylar, someone had colored the playfield black in an attempt to cover up the worn to the wood playfield. I knew & wasn't concerned that once I pulled the mylar, there was going to be many down to the playfield wood areas exposed. But no worry, I work for a school district & I had access to an over-achieving art teacher w/ his masters degree in art. Here's the results...

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG
    #8 5 years ago

No. What I did was remylar 70% of the playfield in the high ball travel & painted areas. This final application turned out very well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ockeyhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-removing-the-mylar-hurt-the-playfield-paint-it-won-t-i-promise?tu=Ockeyhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.