Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will happen to pin prices?”

• Prices will go down 63 votes
      36%
    • Prices will stay the same 65 votes
      37%
    • Prices will go down 49 votes
      28%

(177 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

matchbox_car_3_2.jpg
    mump_0903_04_z+2006_ford_mustang_gt+stock_engine.jpg
    6cyl2.jpg
    Mad179printid.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from changingGears:

Been out awhile and coming back in. Looking around it seems that prices are currently stagnant. Part of that might be to do with all the new machines currently being made. I do not expect to see prices bottom out, but as someone getting back in I am hesitant to pay a lot of the asking prices. Too many ads are staying up for long periods of time.
    Also, another problem is that price points seem screwy. Some pins seem to have gone up while others have not. A good example of this is say Fish Tales vs Shadow. FT used to be a 1500 dollar game. It is fun, but now that it is breathing on the door of Shadow it does not seem worth it. The same can be said of a few other games that I have seen.

Just want to point out that FT is much better than TS. If anything TS price has gone up more than Ft and now is coming back to reality. Both are fun games and it seems if anything the traditional "B" list mid 90s B/W titles are all settling in around 2-3k where they used to be 1-2k.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

The only objective evidence, which is based on subjective opinions indicates otherwise, my friend.

Almost 3 times as many FT would actually be good evidence that FT was the far superior title back in the day.

The fact that FT cost a similar amount as TS now, despite the much higher supply would also favor the fact that FT is athe better game.

That is the most objective evidence you will get if you are looking for it.

The only opinon that really matters is mine

#150 9 years ago

I am not really sure if many are just not paying attention but ove the past 12 months I have seen a dramatic shift in pinball prices in the following ways:

1. NIB prices are tanking. Selling for 1000-1500 less in 9-12 months. There is again a cost to play brand new. This is further evidenced by the lack of pump and dumpers we saw just back with games like METLE. Remember when guys like stretch and Teekee were saying every new LE was the best ever and then flipping NIB for 500-1000 more than they got them...

2. High end super nice and restored games are a seperate market and depending on the title and the name associated with it they seem to have palteaued and maybe a little dip

3. The entry level market is still growing as there are more people coming into pinball collecting every day. However, these people are like all of us and they have a $$$ amount they are looking to spend to get in. That seems to always be around 2-3k. A few years ago is was good 90s DMDs that were traditionally called B listers which sold in this range. Now it is the C listers and many have got on the Sys 11 experience. Others are finally opening their eyes to some great gottliebs. EVen more are actually guying an EM or 2.

To me it seems apparent that the top end finally hit a ceiling which is 8k. We now have TONS of new great games coming out in the next 6-12 months. Collectability IS an important factor and there are only a few new game makers that are actually filling this niche for the collector.

SternLEs are no longer convincing people they are something special with high edition size.
    JJP has not made a limited edition beside the rescue edition.
    Stern has made it clear that all vault editions are on the table.
    PPS has tried to further kill the secondary by eluding to them making every damn DMD that exists
    The only collectability is current the botique games that are limited to a smaller edition size, but people are understandably a bit hesitant to buy into an unknown.

Things will continue to shift, but prices across the board have stabalized. That is obvious.

I predict that NIB sales will slow for the big manufacturers and prices will come down on NIB.

JJP will inevitably become more efficient over time and Stern has plenty of room to decrease MSRP.
    The amount of sales will likely have an impact at some point as the pedulum shufts and they will need to make some changes. I would guess they will continue to bring back down the LE edition size to try and recapture some of the colelctor market (unfortunately we all know Stern no longer makes anything collectable since the vault is open).

I am hoping we will continue to see innovation and I think this will liekly come from smaller startups which combined ARE having an impact on Stern and JJP sales.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-prices-ever-go-back-down?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.