Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will happen to pin prices?”

• Prices will go down 63 votes
      36%
    • Prices will stay the same 65 votes
      37%
    • Prices will go down 49 votes
      28%

(177 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

matchbox_car_3_2.jpg
    mump_0903_04_z+2006_ford_mustang_gt+stock_engine.jpg
    6cyl2.jpg
    Mad179printid.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

These are the pins that I still want. All of them seem very exspensive. *Theatre of Magic *Wizzard of Oz LE *Lord of the Rings *Funhouse *Tales of the Arabian Nights
    *Indiana Jones *Attack from Mars *Cirqus Voltaire *Tron *Monster Bash *Cactus Canyon

I'd like to have all of those as well. I'm going to settle for owning one of those eventually. However, the best deals on pins are found if and only if you are very efficient with a soldering iron. Oh and great patience is also required. Deals do still exist. They are just harder to find and you have to be ready to buy instantly

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

So how can you get these folks to realize what an acceptable offer is? Or is that not possible because a realistic offer appears such a lowball compared to the fantasy price they list at?

I have decided that a lot of people have things for sale that aren't really for sale. They just want you to know they have it.

For instance there is a game store up the road with a Super Mario Bros Pinball. I have been looking for one forever for my wife so I talked to them about it. They are asking $3700 for it and it is beat to crap. I mean come on. That is not really for sale.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

I saw one on craigslist in Indiana the other day for $1500 in average condition. It sold within hours of being posted. Someone else beat me to it.

I missed it by about 30 minutes. That's the third one I have missed at $1500. Oh well. I'll find one. I have cash in hand for the right one. Looking for a player or semi project. But everyone thinks those are collectors pieces now.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

$1500 for a player, c list game is not a deal.
    I feel a lot of people have it wrong - the hunt is not for particular pins, but for good collectors in your area whom you can establish good buying and selling relationships with for years to come.
    The best way to buy is make local connections and if someone has a pin you want say "let me know if you ever want to sell that pin".
    A month later the person could be a greedy D bag and price it 20% higher than it is worth and say they "they don't need to sell it or need the money?" (Hate is a strong word, but....) or they could be cool and give you a price based on a local, quick sale, to a person who is not crazy, whom they can trust to show up and pay for it and not have to put it online to have price police bust their bullocks and low ballers wasting their time. Once you find who the non d bags in your area you are good to go with buying for years to come. This also requires you not be a d bag also, as in low balling, complaining about little things after the sale and buying it and putting it on Craigslist the next day at $500 more than you paid.

I am with you on finding just quality pins at a good price regardless of title. There are some specifics I am hunting but I refuse to overpay for any of them. I really only want a mario for my wife. It is a subpar pin for the money honestly but she loves it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-prices-ever-go-back-down?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.