(Topic ID: 318932)

Will plummeting gas prices affect your pinball buying?

By CrazyLevi

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MtnFrost
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

960x0.jpg
    B3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpeg
    energy (resized).JPG
    cans.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    approval (resized).jpg
    3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Cokes were 10cents when I was a kid,Boy has there been some mismanagement up in here since then.

If you purchase the Walmart off-brand 40 packs, it comes out to around 30 cents a can. Not TOO bad!

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Yeah guess I'm just too dumb and ignorant and don't understand how gas prices were $1.87/gallon a couple years ago since it's impossible! Welp, gonna go put some more of this red paint on my neck, bye!

Yeah, it certainly sounds like it. You aren't doing yourself any favors by proclaiming you don't want to know why. Gas prices began rising in April of 2020, as a result of the Covid pandemic. Gas prices haven't been as low as 1.87 in decades. Not in CA anyway. Can't remember it in CO being that either.

#153 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Cokes were 10cents when I was a kid,Boy has there been some mismanagement up in here since then.

Yeah, and I used to be able to buy Black Knights for 300 and Fathoms for 700. Major screwup by somebody!

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yeah, and I used to be able to buy Black Knights for 300 and Fathoms for 700. Major screwup by somebody!

You guys all know how to fix this nudge nudge wink wink!

If you do the thing that I've finally figured out I can't talk about things will change! If you get my drift!

Gas will be so cheap they won't even charge for it (like before you know what happened!)

#155 1 year ago

This entire conversation reminds me of a story we read in grade school about baseball players who had names like "Who" and "I don't know". Lmao. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from PrinceOfPinside:

This entire conversation reminds me of a story we read in grade school about baseball players who had names like "Who" and "I don't know". Lmao. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

What.?

#158 1 year ago

6-10-2.

#159 1 year ago

Ooh, secret codes! What's next, Nodnarb Og S'tel?

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Ooh, secret codes! What's next, Nodnarb Og S'tel?

It's the underground.

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Yeah guess I'm just too dumb and ignorant and don't understand how gas prices were $1.87/gallon a couple years ago since it's impossible! Welp, gonna go put some more of this red paint on my neck, bye!

Right there with ya buddy. When I was a kid candy bars were like 15 or 20 cents. And then they just like jumped to 35 cents in maybe a years time. And they still haven’t come back down. Effing Carter. Or was it Reagan? Screw ‘‘em both.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

...And then they just like jumped to 35 cents in maybe a years time...

That's when I remember buying them.

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread isn't about who is responsible for plummeting gas prices and looming even cheaper gas prices is in the future. We aren't trying to give anybody credit for this, we are just basking in the falling prices!
    It's just about the question: Will dropping gas prices cause you to buy more NIB games?
    So far the answer seems to be: It doesn't matter. If gas prices are high, we buy pinball machines. If gas prices are dropping like a rock, we buy pinball machines.
    I'm glad that I did this thread! It answered the question!

I just figured most of us were addicts so we will buy when prices are low and cut corners to keep buying when prices are high. Heck, I figure if we could have our tombstones modeled after a backglass we would do that too!

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

I just figured most of us were addicts so we will buy when prices are low and cut corners to keep buying when prices are high. Heck, I figure if we could have our tombstones modeled after a backglass we would do that too!

I love that sentiment!

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-plummeting-gas-prices-affect-your-pinball-buying-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.