(Topic ID: 318932)

Will plummeting gas prices affect your pinball buying?

By CrazyLevi

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MtnFrost
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

960x0.jpg
    B3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpeg
    energy (resized).JPG
    cans.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    approval (resized).jpg
    3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Erik is one of the best guys in the hobby. If you can't get along with him, check the mirror for problems...

Who's Erik?

#103 1 year ago

Love Chevy Chase.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

There's a ton of profit taking occurring. One nearby street has all the stations at 4.55, another street a mile away is 4.05 (3.95 cash). Has been like that all week, and business isn't dropping off on street #1. People are stupid and businesses gonna profit on that.

Uhh… seems pretty normal to me, gas always about varies by $.50-$1 between different stations here.

#105 1 year ago

Join Sam's Club and you won't regret.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Uhh… seems pretty normal to me, gas always about varies by $.50-$1 between different stations here.

Around here the difference never seemed to go much past 30c, and changed slowly as you moved around town. This is unusual.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Join Sam's Club and you won't regret.

Costco is a better option as they sell Top Tier gas.

#108 1 year ago

I’m told Costco also has great meat !

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m told Costco also has great meat !

they sell some nice ribs already seasoned,Great prices and taste great too,to bad the side effects are feeling physically ill and long bathroom times.

but their gas prices are usually about 30 cents per gallon off the other lower priced options.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

but their gas prices are usually about 30 cents per gallon off the other lower priced options.

It was 55 cents less for me yesterday! We average about the same 30 though.

#111 1 year ago

When will the price of everything else come down. Food prices still sky high, no baby formula, Wtf.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

When will the price of everything else come down. Food prices still sky high, no baby formula, Wtf.

Safe to say we are still living in strange times!

#113 1 year ago

I want a suicide squeeze. 7$ a gallon for gas. I want the stock market down another 30% . I want it so bad that people need to sell games just to pay the mortgage. Thats when I will be ready with my fat wad of $$$. nib games , used games, and a toyota supra

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

I want a suicide squeeze. 7$ a gallon for gas. I want the stock market down another 30% . I want it so bad that people need to sell games just to pay the mortgage. Thats when I will be ready with my fat wad of $$$. nib games , used games, and a toyota supra

Your sorry ass will be trying to sell shit at a huge loss to pay off the bill collectors like the rest of us. No one’s immune.

What hurts us hurts us all.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Safe to say we are still living in strange times!

This is like the early eighties. Same scenario, except more people on earth now. That’s a good thing economically.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

$2K for your Houdini then?

#117 1 year ago

Yeah the “collapse of society means cheap pins!” Fantasy has Been the bedrock of many a bubble burst fantasy.

Cause somehow you are immune to desperate effects of the apocalypse and will be the only one in a position to benefit with cheap pins. Which of course you won’t need because you’ll be fighting your neighbor to the death for the last can of Bush’s baked beans…

#118 1 year ago

Ready to buy whatever the next LE is with these prices!

B3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpegB3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpeg
    #119 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gas prices have now dropped for 34 straight days, and experts all seem to agree $4 a gallon average is well in reach.
    Will these looming falling gas prices cause you to buy more NIB games???

Ill be ready to buy late Nov

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ill be ready to buy late Nov

With gas prices down another 10 cents in Georgia, and a whopping 42 cents in Massachusetts, it’s dizzying to think of how cheap that liquid gold will be by late November!

Definitely a good time to think about buying some NIB pins!

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgia-gas-prices-decreasing-cost-drop-cheapest

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With gas prices down another 10 cents in Georgia, and a whopping 42 cents in Massachusetts, it’s dizzying to think of how cheap that liquid gold will be by late November!
    Definitely a good time to think about buying some NIB pins!
    https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/georgia-gas-prices-decreasing-cost-drop-cheapest

Wake me up when it gets down and where it was 2 years ago you know before well you know.

#122 1 year ago

The economy in general is holding me back from buying more, the pins are just luxury items so I have to watch out. Despite gas going down a lot now, I'm still paying more for food, insurance, everything. And at my business, everything is down sales wise while all my goods and supplies I need to buy to operate are going up along with commercial rent. So theres just so much economic anxiety right now.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Wake me up when it gets down and where it was 2 years ago you know before well you know.

You give way too much credit, and way too much blame to the "figure heads" that sit at the top of our petro scheme. Nether of those guys are going to change your life in any meaningful way.

The petro dollar is dying a slow death and there is really nothing anyone can do about it. It might take 20 years, but it won't make any difference whose in charge when we lose the reserve currency status.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I assume you're talking about the big OPEC production cuts that happened back in 2020. Guess that turned out to be a bit of an oopsie (unless you own oil stocks of course). No worries, production is creeping back up.

#125 1 year ago

Problem with production creeping up is another potential oil crash. Which is why US firms fired thousands of workers and shut down a bunch of operations in the US. Now everyone wants production to go up while the US producers are like... "nah fam we good", cause they fear another big crash which can likely happen now that overseas production is up. Sudden influxes end up biting you in the butt later when the market is suddenly flooded with oil.

It's a cycle that is gonna keep happening.

#126 1 year ago

In Ontario Canada it has only decreased 15% from the all time high. Still $1.81 per litre for regular.

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from Astill:

In Ontario Canada it has only decreased 15% from the all time high. Still $1.81 per litre for regular.

Wake us up when we know what a litre is down here, am I right folks?!

#128 1 year ago

We went from a high of 6.59 for the cheap stuff to 5.04 at costco yesterday,I guess thanks to you know who.DOH
    Does that sound stupid,because it sounds stupid to me every time I hear it.I saw a news report today in New York
    they are putting products like Spam in Theft resistant containers at stores.Thanks Thiefs.When will the Spam bubble burst.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

We went from a high of 6.59 for the cheap stuff to 5.04 at costco yesterday,I guess thanks to you know who.DOH
    Does that sound stupid,because it sounds stupid to me every time I hear it.I saw a news report today in New York
    they are putting products like Spam in Theft resistant containers at stores.Thanks Thiefs.When will the Spam bubble burst.

You know who and you know when is solely responsible for a 70 cent drop gas prices in a month, you know where! (Ok you don't, it's Michigan!)

Awesome news for our Michigan friends, who can now resume you know what (buying NIB pinball machines)

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-gas-prices-down-20-cents-from-last-week-average-now-76-cents-less-than-last-month

#130 1 year ago

My first NIB purchase since 2015 will be made this year with EHOH. I didn't have the money ready 2 years ago so...no.

#131 1 year ago

No

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from Honch:

You give way too much credit, and way too much blame to the "figure heads" that sit at the top of our petro scheme. Nether of those guys are going to change your life in any meaningful way.
    The petro dollar is dying a slow death and there is really nothing anyone can do about it. It might take 20 years, but it won't make any difference whose in charge when we lose the reserve currency status.

Not when those same figureheads say they have no control as prices climb, then when supply starts meeting demand, they claim credit..

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The economy in general is holding me back from buying more, the pins are just luxury items so I have to watch out. Despite gas going down a lot now, I'm still paying more for food, insurance, everything. And at my business, everything is down sales wise while all my goods and supplies I need to buy to operate are going up along with commercial rent. So theres just so much economic anxiety right now.

If only there was some way to know what caused all of this this, so that it could be avoided in the future. <shrugs> Oh, well…

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

If only there was some way to know what caused all of this this, so that it could be avoided in the future. <shrugs> Oh, well…

This thread isn't about who is responsible for plummeting gas prices and looming even cheaper gas prices is in the future. We aren't trying to give anybody credit for this, we are just basking in the falling prices!

It's just about the question: Will dropping gas prices cause you to buy more NIB games?

So far the answer seems to be: It doesn't matter. If gas prices are high, we buy pinball machines. If gas prices are dropping like a rock, we buy pinball machines.

I'm glad that I did this thread! It answered the question!

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Not when those same figureheads say they have no control as prices climb, then when supply starts meeting demand, they claim credit..

Of course. It's all a part of their game to manipulate the masses. I think You know better than to fall for that garbage no matter who is shoveling it..
    I believe their ability to make things worse far exceeds their ability to make things better. The current Sanctions are a great example of this incompetence.

#136 1 year ago

Way to go Levi, newspaper comment section loonies coming out of the woodwork.

#137 1 year ago

Gas is down .75 cents a gallon. It’s saving me enough money that I should be able to buy a NIB next year that I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to. Clearly the guy in office now during this drop is responsible for me getting a new pinball machine. I am going to vote for him. I was going to vote for the previous guy, but he didn’t get me a new pinball machine.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Way to go Levi, newspaper comment section loonies coming out of the woodwork.

At least some of us mostly reside in the woodwork instead of running our mouths CONSTANTLY. *ahem*

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread isn't about who is responsible for plummeting gas prices and looming even cheaper gas prices is in the future. We aren't trying to give anybody credit for this, we are just basking in the falling prices!
    It's just about the question: Will dropping gas prices cause you to buy more NIB games?
    So far the answer seems to be: It doesn't matter. If gas prices are high, we buy pinball machines. If gas prices are dropping like a rock, we buy pinball machines.
    I'm glad that I did this thread! It answered the question!

I get it. I just think it is funny how everyone has (mostly) learned to tap dance around the 800-pound gorilla in the room. I just can’t help occasionally pointing out the absurdity of it all. As for future buying? I am obviously an addict, so I will get my drug (pinball at home) no matter what. Price increases, product quality and customer service are DEFINITELY a top consideration recently, however.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Gas prices will continue to “plummet” until midterms and then they will crank up the stupid and prices will go back up towards $6.

So magically the entire world gas shortage is going to work with the one country whose prices are lower than theirs for......sorry, how does a global economy work again?

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Are gas prices falling just before something important coming up all around the country? No reason that couldn't be just a coincidence.

Since gas prices are a GLOBAL issue, no, it's just a coincidence driven by people changing their driving habits here in the US.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

[quoted image]

Guess which one is growing exponentially, and which are shrinking?

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

So magically the entire world gas shortage is going to work with the one country whose prices are lower than theirs for......sorry, how does a global economy work again?

I couldnt care less about what is happening in the rest of the world, you just let me know when the gas station down the street turns yellow and I can fill up for $1.87/gallon again.

960x0.jpg960x0.jpg

#144 1 year ago

It’s like everybody wants us to get back to them when something happens.

Why not live in the present? We are getting back to you RIGHT NOW with really good news about looming plummeting gas prices.

So cheer up!

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

I couldnt care less about what is happening in the rest of the world, you just let me know when the gas station down the street turns yellow and I can fill up for $1.87/gallon again.
    [quoted image]

Well ignorance is a sad excuse. If you don’t understand why things work, you can’t plan. Gas prices are never going to be that low again - I haven’t seen that low since 1998.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s like everybody wants us to get back to them when something happens.
    Why not live in the present? We are getting back to you RIGHT NOW with really good news about looming plummeting gas prices.
    So cheer up!

It’s because reality screws with their ability to bitch and point false fingers

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

It’s because reality screws with their ability to bitch and point false fingers

Seriously!

I’m all “gas prices are falling! Since you guys been bitching about gas prices since precisely January, 2021, that’s good news, right?”

“Get back to me when gas prices are the same as 1989!”

It’s like…no pleasing some folks!

Anyway; off to buy some NIB pins!

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

All of those yellow countries look like such wonderful places to live.

In my spare time I like to reminisce about those great times in 2020 when gas was dirt cheap... I could drop my kids off at school and take in a ballgame. Go out to happy hour with my friends and maybe even catch the latest Summer blockbuster at the theater. Those were amazing times all thanks to gasoline being so inexpensive.

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Well ignorance is a sad excuse. If you don’t understand why things work, you can’t plan. Gas prices are never going to be that low again - I haven’t seen that low since 1998.

Yeah guess I'm just too dumb and ignorant and don't understand how gas prices were $1.87/gallon a couple years ago since it's impossible! Welp, gonna go put some more of this red paint on my neck, bye!

#150 1 year ago

Cokes were 10cents when I was a kid,Boy has there been some mismanagement up in here since then.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-plummeting-gas-prices-affect-your-pinball-buying-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.