(Topic ID: 318932)

Will plummeting gas prices affect your pinball buying?

By CrazyLevi

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MtnFrost
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

960x0.jpg
    B3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpeg
    energy (resized).JPG
    cans.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    approval (resized).jpg
    3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Do we have to keep making the here lame threads that mean zero. Robins amazing site deserves better.
    Sorry/not sorry.

Yes. Maybe not. Me too.

#52 1 year ago

I sold my electric car with these sweet gas prices.

#53 1 year ago

Nah, I bought an electric car just so I can afford to search for a gas powered pinball machine!

#54 1 year ago

As soon as I read the title I knew Crazy posted it. Well played.

#55 1 year ago

Does this thread count as a cargument?

#56 1 year ago

I have only been able to afford 3 ball games but now I will buy 5s.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from spidey:

As soon as I read the title I knew Crazy posted it. Well played.

Yes. I’m now getting the feeling that I’ve been had with respect to my earlier reply. Oh well, irony is sometimes hard to discern with only the written word at your disposal. Haha.

#58 1 year ago

Lol! I love all the people that actually responded with serious answers.

#60 1 year ago

Does CrazyLevi have a Arch Nemesis on Pinside?

So we can summon him to this thread for his 2 cents

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Does CrazyLevi have a Arch Nemesis on Pinside?
    So we can summon him to this thread for his 2 cents

Unfortunately I am beloved by all and have no enemies here.

#62 1 year ago

I feel the sudden need to do a deep dive into past pinside posts, make a list, and copy paste that list incessantly. Nah jk, that would just show how lame I really am.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Better known as, Kumbaya Levi

#64 1 year ago

Is this the part where I lose my mind over the most trivial of annoyances like a psycho, or does that come later?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now would be a great time for someone to post links to 30 topics such as Gumgate/FamilyArcade that provided wealth of discussion and entertainment to prove Levi’s point.

…but ain’t nobody got time for that.

…quite frankly I can’t imagine how boring this place would be without pinsiders like him. One of the reasons I read all these topics.

#66 1 year ago

While I enjoy everybody's threats to post links to my posting history, it rings kind of hollow when you don't actually do it!

Why are you folks so lazy? You think my awesome Pinball Pricing Thread Index just typed itself?

There was a lot of work there. There was a lot of commitment. There was a lot of passion. If you are gonna try to co-opt my act, you actually have to DO it! You don't get points for just threatening to do it!

DO IT!

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Is this the part where I lose my mind over the most trivial of annoyances like a psycho, or does that come later?

Well, you've clearly lost your mind already, so I'm not sure what comes later.

What comes after following me around like a psycho in multiple threads posting inane one-liners?

Let's find out together!

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, you've clearly lost your mind already, so I'm not sure what comes later.
    What comes after following me around like a psycho in multiple threads posting inane one-liners?
    Let's find out together!

Imagine being Levi and begrudging someone else for following someone around to multiple threads with one-liners. Hilarious.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not following you. I'm posting in the same pricing threads you are. Just because I don't champion you on and summon you doesn't mean I'm following you. If you really think someone's following you they make pills for that.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

While I enjoy everybody's threats to post links to my posting history, it rings kind of hollow when you don't actually do it!
    Why are you folks so lazy? You think my awesome Pinball Pricing Thread Index just typed itself?
    There was a lot of work there. There was a lot of commitment. There was a lot of passion. If you are gonna try to co-opt my act, you actually have to DO it! You don't get points for just threatening to do it!
    DO IT!

The point isn't that the posts exist. The point is that it's lame do something like that in the first place. Use more exclamation marks and ALL CAPS btw. Really jazzes it up.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DO IT!

Agree on everything! Lots of work. Lots of commitment. You are dedicated and, I think, appreciated by most for that dedication!

I’m not so dedicated…figured it was okay to drop in one fond memory of a thread that might also bring a smile to a couple other faces and maybe spur a few more mentions of memorable threads.

Threatening?!? Please. Mentioned only in good fun and admiration.

#72 1 year ago

A couple of months ago I stopped saving for pinball machines so I could save money to buy an oil company.

#74 1 year ago

That means another $500 increase across the board. Who's first?

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

You usually lose it pretty quick.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You usually lose it pretty quick.

I best prepare my caps lock button then.

#77 1 year ago

Dude, I concede. These caps lock burns are hitting too close to home and it's making me uncomfortable.

Call off the dogs man!!! Have a heart!

#78 1 year ago

Really, that's it? Pffft alright well see you at the next thread I follow you to lol

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Really, that's it?

Yes, really. That's absolutely the best comeback I could muster to "I better prepare my caplock."

Give me better material to work with buddy!

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, really. That's absolutely the best comeback I could muster to "I better prepare my caplock."
    Give me better material to work with buddy!

Oh hey man that's my bad, I was under the impression you were the resident quipper here. Everyone has been giving me the impression you were clever enough to carry yourself. I'll keep that in mind.

#81 1 year ago

I know an opportunity when I see it… electric cars lead us to gas powered pins.

BPH (balls per hour) overtakes MPH as the leading measurement. Multiball is a killer on the wallet.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Oh hey man that's my bad, I was under the impression you were the resident quipper here. Everyone has been giving me the impression you were clever enough to carry yourself. I'll keep that in mind.

It feels like the part of the movie where you tell each other you hate them followed by a passionate kiss.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It feels like the part of the movie where you tell each other you hate them followed by a passionate kiss.

Come on Vic! Back when you were still with us in the NFL thread we had lots of little “take it to PM” tiffs, it didn’t mean we wanted to sleep together!

I mean I think. Right? I mean, I’m willing to revisit this!

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on Vic! Back when you were still with us in the NFL thread we had lots of little “take it to PM” tiffs

We did? The only thing I remember is a bunch of bengal fans taking up all the oxygen and reporting anyone to the mods who didn’t agree with them.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

We did? The only thing I remember is a bunch of bengal fans taking up all the oxygen and reporting anyone to the mods who didn’t agree with them.

Things have changed over there, it’s all peace and love now!!

Just swallow your pride, suck up to the mods, and come back to us! It’s the year of the Ram, take your victory lap!

#86 1 year ago

With all the money I'm saving now, I think I can swing that $100k Trailer Park Boys pin now!

#87 1 year ago

Plummeting gas prices? If that is not a modern day hyperbolic intro than I do not know what is!
    I would expect that marquee bill from esteemed economist(?) Paul Krugman!

#88 1 year ago

Gas prices don't affect my pinball buying....

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Things have changed over there, it’s all peace and love now!!
    Just swallow your pride, suck up to the mods, and come back to us! It’s the year of the Ram, take your victory lap!

Yeah, in the MLB thread a bengals fan mentioned his trip to LA for the super bowl. I thought I was just having a good natured jab at him. But no, he’s a bengals fan. Looking forward to collecting 50 bucks from him when the Dodgers win their 100th game.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also for the Bengals. I couldn’t care less about attending the games anymore unless my dad wants to go with me.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah. You should make the super bowl your last bengals game. Seeing it end in person with Aaron Donald spinning Burrow around to the ground like a rag doll. I tell you, it doesn’t get any better than that. Who’s house? Rams house!!!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Douches gotta douche. Talk to ya at the end of this season to settle up.

I followed up with a somewhat apology saying it was meant to be a light hearted jab, but nope. Bengals fan.

#90 1 year ago

Somebody needs to post 20 years of Levi responds to price bubble links.

#91 1 year ago

Yes, for every .25 price drop my purchase radius increases by 25 miles.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Somebody needs to post 20 years of Levi responds to price bubble links.

Leave that to a mod, they apparently have plenty of free time.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Leave that to a mod, they apparently have plenty of free time.

Why don't you just set the mod on 'ignore?"

Ohhhh wait you can't for some reason.

1 week later
    #94 1 year ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Where does the electricity come from?

energy (resized).JPGenergy (resized).JPG
    #95 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, in the MLB thread a bengals fan mentioned his trip to LA for the super bowl. I thought I was just having a good natured jab at him. But no, he’s a bengals fan. Looking forward to collecting 50 bucks from him when the Dodgers win their 100th game.

Erik is one of the best guys in the hobby. If you can't get along with him, check the mirror for problems...

#96 1 year ago

Well…officially, gas prices continue to plummet!

Good luck to all!
    =====

The national average price of a gallon of regular gas has shed more than 70 cents since its peak above $5 a gallon at the beginning of June, falling to $4.30 as of Wednesday.

#97 1 year ago

$3.45 for regular unleaded ‘round here.

#98 1 year ago

Still 5.29 around here,down from 6.59

#99 1 year ago

There's a ton of profit taking occurring. One nearby street has all the stations at 4.55, another street a mile away is 4.05 (3.95 cash). Has been like that all week, and business isn't dropping off on street #1. People are stupid and businesses gonna profit on that.

#100 1 year ago

I posted this in the stock forum by accident and meant to post it in this thread.
    Big profits for the major oil companies:

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/332b1654-b3ad-3620-ad42-94a9f0dc0d16/exxon-mobil-chevron-stock-up.html

The way I see it it is a good idea to own some oil stocks to pay for your gas consumption

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-plummeting-gas-prices-affect-your-pinball-buying-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.