(Topic ID: 318932)

Will plummeting gas prices affect your pinball buying?

By CrazyLevi

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MtnFrost
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

960x0.jpg
    B3A3AEF4-A52D-4E4E-80A9-A95734158058 (resized).jpeg
    energy (resized).JPG
    cans.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    approval (resized).jpg
    3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

Gas prices have now dropped for 34 straight days, and experts all seem to agree $4 a gallon average is well in reach.

Will these looming falling gas prices cause you to buy more NIB games???

#2 1 year ago

If gas hits 3.99, I will start adding to my collection.

#3 1 year ago

No

#4 1 year ago

Of course I never plan on buying nib so I'm probably not a good one to comment

#5 1 year ago

Nope because everything else is still inflated.

#6 1 year ago

Nope.

Only pinball bargains get me on the road.

#7 1 year ago

To me, skyrocketing to $5.50 a gallon and then coming down about 80 cents (as of today) does not equal plummeting. If it drops to under $3, I'll consider that a "plummet" since that seems to be where it had settled before it went nuts.

#8 1 year ago
    3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg3A395C14-2754-45E6-AB85-B49C30701414 (resized).jpeg
    #9 1 year ago

I agree, gas prices are plummeting. And this improving economy could possibly lead to me buying more NIB pinball machines. Also possibly a Mibs pinball machine.

Although. I doubt I will be able to find a NIB Mibs.

#10 1 year ago

I know Levi is trolling the responders, but I actually can’t tell if they are trolling him back.

#11 1 year ago

Funny. The more that news outlets proclaim to sharp drop in gas prices, the more I notice that gas prices are staying pretty much the same. Welcome to Orwell.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gas prices have now dropped for 34 straight days, and experts all seem to agree $4 a gallon average is well in reach.

Gave up gas machines years ago for Electric to save the planet

#13 1 year ago

It's a trap!

#14 1 year ago

Where does the electricity come from?

#15 1 year ago

When the price of a gallon starts with a $1, I’ll pick up a couple.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Flooble cranks in R&Ms

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from madtown:

The sun.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Funny. The more that news outlets proclaim to sharp drop in gas prices, the more I notice that gas prices are staying pretty much the same. Welcome to Orwell.

Really? I'm in the northeast and the price drop has been very noticeable the last couple weeks. Down .50 cents in the last 3 weeks.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Really? I'm in the northeast and the price drop has been very noticeable the last couple weeks. Down .50 cents in the last 3 weeks.

They are falling like a rock according to the mainstream media.

People like CNN around here right?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/18/energy/gas-less-than-4-dollars-a-gallon/index.html

#20 1 year ago

$3.99 a gallon, what a bargain! It’ll be so nice to get back to “reasonable” gas prices.

........... Just kidding, still too high.

#21 1 year ago

I plan to start paying above MSRP to offset any savings.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

When the price of a gallon starts with a $1, I’ll pick up a couple.

Close, but it's 99 cents for me. Then I'm all over every new LE.

#24 1 year ago

Even at current prices it’s comparatively cheaper than a good portion of the rest of the world. And prices are significantly down from where they were, AND (adjusted for inflation) a great deal lower than they were in real world dollars compared to the great post Katrina gas gouge of 2005. So yes, put me down for a Jaws LE please.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

So 5/gallon to 4.50/gallon? Woo-hoo

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

To me, skyrocketing to $5.50 a gallon and then coming down about 80 cents (as of today) does not equal plummeting. If it drops to under $3, I'll consider that a "plummet" since that seems to be where it had settled before it went nuts.

Exactly. The only thing plummeting is Levi's approval rating

I am ready to get back to $1.29 a gallon like it was 2 years ago (at least in TN it was)

#27 1 year ago

Gas prices will continue to “plummet” until midterms and then they will crank up the stupid and prices will go back up towards $6.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh great, just what we need, another thread about “with xxxxx happening, will it affect your NIB purchases?”......

You, know, there’s a guy around, who will go out of his way, to post links to all of these similar threads

#29 1 year ago

Great. Another gas bubble burst thread.

Quoted from SterlingRush:

Oh great, just what we need, another thread about “with xxxxx happening, will it affect your NIB purchases?”......
    You, know, there’s a guy around, who will go out of his way, to post links to all of these similar threads

Easy search, not that hard.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=Gas+prices+&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

Where's Crazylevi when you need him?

#30 1 year ago

LMMFAO

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Come on, I ain't doing so bad!!!

I just think it's important that when I see something on cable news, I extrapolate it to pinball trends and post about it here. Is that so wrong?!

approval (resized).jpgapproval (resized).jpg
    #32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where's Crazylevi when you need him?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #33 1 year ago

Now that they fixed the gas prices they can finally catch the cans sniper.

cans.gifcans.gif
    #34 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WTF? I didn't even realize the new games ran on gas. All mine are electric. That's bullshit. Why would Stern and JJP do that.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

So 5/gallon to 4.50/gallon? Woo-hoo

It if was the other way around would that be an issue? Up .50 cents? Of course.
    Trending downwards at a time when gas prices traditionally climb is A+ in my book. ‍

#36 1 year ago

Could this be the first pinside gas bubble burst thread?

#37 1 year ago

Damnit! First gas prices start to plummet…then, inevitably, pin prices will follow.

Who is it that links all those ‘gas price bubble burst’ threads around here?

#38 1 year ago

Filled up this weekend $4.99 per gallon at Costco in Lake Zurich, Illinois $82.55, not feeling the love here.

Cheers.

#39 1 year ago

Are gas prices falling just before something important coming up all around the country? No reason that couldn't be just a coincidence.

#40 1 year ago

Well I saved $7 on my last fillup over previous one.

THINK I’M GONNA BUY TWO NIB STERNS!

#41 1 year ago

Hell yes I’m gonna start loading up on pins, making a cross country trip to pick up an immamaculate Baywatch.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hell yes I’m gonna start loading up on pins, making a cross country trip to pick up an immamaculate Baywatch.

Immamaculate you say..

Obviously Shasta and deli meats included.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am ready to get back to $1.29 a gallon like it was 2 years ago (at least in TN it was)

Ah yes, Summer of 2020.... What a time to be alive!

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Immamaculate you say..

Nope, doesn’t even include the legs, but it is immamaculate!

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

It if was the other way around would that be an issue? Up .50 cents? Of course.
    Trending downwards at a time when gas prices traditionally climb is A+ in my book. ‍

Maybe not A+ but lower is going in the right direction.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Yeah same here...which is still way too high. I agree with you here but just saying 4 per gallon is still nuts for ohio

#47 1 year ago

Title should've replaced "gas" with "crypto".

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Immamaculate you say..

Don’t be knockin’ on Shasta, that was the go to pop for just pennies, lol. Trying to remember, I think it use to be 2-3 cans for $0.25 around my old area, many many moons ago.

#49 1 year ago

Do we have to keep making the here lame threads that mean zero. Robins amazing site deserves better.
    Sorry/not sorry.

#50 1 year ago

I don’t buy anything except pinball, so it doesnt really matter.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-plummeting-gas-prices-affect-your-pinball-buying- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.