(Topic ID: 307200)

Will Pinside have to report sales to the IRS with new 2022 tax laws?

By daly124

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigguybbr
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

weird-al.gif
    jack-nicholson-nod.gif
    4609DABB-9EA9-4CBF-BDD1-E0A439A752F2 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (1).gif
    20220102_001412 (resized).jpg
    sweating (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#36 2 years ago

In before the lock.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Not according to the IRS. This is taken off the IRS website.

Oh shit, I need to get that pen back to the bank that I accidently took.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

One thing the IRS will always do is take any money you’re willing to give them whether they should be getting it or not.

(First of all, I have owned a small business for over 25 years, and I have used an accounting firm for all of those years).

But what I just quoted you about reminded me about a few months ago that I received a letter from the IRS that they had received my payment, but they had lost the other paperwork and did not know what the payment was for.

I called my accounting firm, and they laughed about it.

So it is not quite true that the IRS will just take any money, in my case I had to send paperwork 2 times to show what the payment was for.

Want to know what is very funny?

That payment with all of the extra paperwork on my part was for just $18.00.

#122 2 years ago

Years ago, there was another time that I received a check from the IRS and a letter that I did not understand.

I took that stuff to my accounting firm, and they laughed.

They told me that basically the IRS had spent $1000.00 in man hours going through all of my stuff in an audit, thinking I would owe them more, and actually I had overpaid by like 30 bucks.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

But if we’re late on paying?!? Look out.

It is so funny. For all of the years my Dad operated a business, he always took everything to the accounting firm in grocery bags for them to sort out, and he always filed for extensions.

When I first started my business, the accounting firm showed me what they had to do with all of that.

My accounting firm loves me, I have already faxed them all of my totals for 2021, on 2 sheets of paper, with everything broken down and in categories.

My business taxes are due 3/15 every year, and personal 4/15, and while I take care of all of that super early to give the accountants something to do before they get very busy with everyone else, it depends on how much I owe as to how early I pay the IRS, but I do pay early either way.

The biggest thing that ticks me off is all of this is more and more online, and not mailing.

More passwords to deal with, and I hate all that crap. (accountant does most of it, but still wants me to do some).

I always thought with the post office always needing help, why is the government taking more money away from them and going online? Makes no sense to me at all.

Also, if the IRS does ever get tough and wants to do audits for up to 7 years ago, who will be responsible for paying a forensics team, me or them? (because I have already looked at receipts that were only 2 years old, and they were already so faded I could not read them anymore).

They need to just do some flat tax or something different and be one and done with all the receipt saving and all of that. Or not, way too many loopholes are right in front of all of us, but you need a really good accounting firm, and not some turbo tax stuff.

A good accounting firm is priceless!

My first year in business I was all organized and I went in there with my 2 sheets of paper and I said this is how much money I made last year. They looked at it, started asking if I depreciated this and that, and I said no, and they started marking through my numbers and told me I lost money. PRICELESS!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinside-have-to-report-sales-to-the-irs-with-new-2022-tax-laws-?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.