(Topic ID: 263864)

Will pinfest be canceled covid-19

By spikelou2

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will pinfest be canceled covid-19”

• Yes 92 votes
      62%
    • No 40 votes
      27%
    • If it’s not I’m not going 17 votes
      11%

(149 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8BALL (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    die (resized).jpg
    4E1BE20B-496E-49B2-BC0F-13C3481B4027 (resized).jpeg
    20200312_192848.jpg
    AF8C4667-A3A6-456F-BBAB-DBDA5D187472 (resized).jpeg
    Resized_20200309_114224 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#59 4 years ago

I don't think this Coronavirus thing is going to "go away" anytime soon. They are closing schools down, doing away with large crowds, etc to slow the spread of the virus down but it isn't going to disappear in a couple weeks or months. I have a feeling we will be luck to see life back to "semi normal" by 2021 show dates let alone a few weeks down the road.

Only time will tell but thinking the show might happen a couple months down the road is wishful thinking in my eyes. For now everyone do the best they can to stay safe & healthy. Some things are just more important than a pinball show and being alive happens to be one of them.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Personally - I Don’t think either of these events will be taking place.

I agree with above post 100% but even if they do take place I wouldn't expect a great turnout at either this year. There is a huge difference between something like this and your "typical flu". At this point there is really no history of how to handle this. It will be at least two years before they can develop & test vaccine (according to everything I have read about that end of things). And they don't even have a vaccine figured out at this point let alone starting to lab test it. They don't know enough about the Coronavirus to even know exactly how it spreads, how long it can lay dormant, etc. So I doubt much will change in a couple months.

Right now I think it is more important to be thinking about your family's health. Trying to do all we can to keep this from spreading any more than is necessary & the financial impact this is going to have world wide than worrying about a couple pinball shows.

I know pinball is important to a lot of people here but this isn't the time to be worrying about the "what ifs" with a pinball show.

1 week later
    #110 4 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

Is there a date when a second delay or cancelation will be given? In other words (for all our planning purposes) when will we know for sure if the show will go as planned. I need to know at least 3 weeks in advance but 4 or 5 weeks would be better. Ivan?

I think it is going to be hard for Ivan to pin things down when things keep changing from day to day with the Corona Virus. If it was me I think I would either just cancel the show or push it back to late Summer or early Fall. I really don't see things being back to normal in June from everything I have seen on TV and keep reading about the Corona Virus. I think we will be lucky to be "back to normal" by the 2021 Allentown Show the ways things are playing out right now.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There is strong possibility that FEMA will announce a National stay at home order for 10-12 weeks, this week.
    The country has reached the point not to worry about pinball shows till Fall, if were lucky.

EXACTLY! I know people want "life as normal" but what we want and reality are two very different things. Personally I stocked up on everything weeks ago and don't plan to do much of anything but hanging around the house for at least the next three months. I keep finding stuff I would love to buy but I even hate the idea of traveling to meet up with people one on one right now let alone hang out with hundreds of people at a show of any type.

This thing is very real and isn't going to go away quickly. And the information we are getting in the news / etc isn't the entire story. Hopefully I am wrong but I wouldn't bet on an Allentown pinball show anytime soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinfest-be-canceled-covid-19?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.