(Topic ID: 263864)

Will pinfest be canceled covid-19

By spikelou2

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will pinfest be canceled covid-19”

• Yes 92 votes
      62%
    • No 40 votes
      27%
    • If it’s not I’m not going 17 votes
      11%

(149 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8BALL (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    die (resized).jpg
    4E1BE20B-496E-49B2-BC0F-13C3481B4027 (resized).jpeg
    20200312_192848.jpg
    AF8C4667-A3A6-456F-BBAB-DBDA5D187472 (resized).jpeg
    Resized_20200309_114224 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Work in healthcare, all indications are this is no different than any other flu bug.
    80,000 people died of the flu last year, Corona has killed under 50 in the United States to date. The media is beating this horse for dear life.

Work how, mopping the floor? There are countless statements by reputable experts and countless, detailed and careful articles by reputable people that patiently explain all the differences. So you’re either willfully being ignorant or selling something.

Frankly, I don’t see any panic anywhere. Of course I don’t watch or rely on television news or clickbait sites either. I see educated professionals being smart and cautious. And then I see people like you. That really aren’t helping.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

FYI been party to several meetings and planning sessions with state and local health officials regarding this event so therefor I'd wager I'm better informed than the average person on Pinside watching TV. Without exception there is consensus this is overblown and there is epic amounts of ass covering by officials because the media is flogging this in the public eye and people want "something done." It is a concern of ours of course since the majority of cases that are fatal are people with compromised systems over the age of 60 which is the bulk of the people in our care. And we have taken steps to mitigate this risk at our facility as would be prudent.
    We have numerous protocols and propositioned supplies in place for almost any event. We literately have a 4.5" thick book on the shelf next to me where almost anything and everything is gamed out in advance should an emergency arise and we drill with other facilities and agencies several times a year as required by the state and feds. Pandemics, storms, fire, floods, Anthrax, mass shooter drills, nuclear plant going up, you name it.
    Take normal flu precautions as you should be doing anyways. Most people get ill as they have poor situational awareness as to what they are touching and where they place their hands next. If creeps me out to no end watching people pushing a shopping cart and then causally touch their face or worse stick a finger in their mouth. Gross but I see people do it all the time. How many ill people touched that cart in the last 24 hours? Since I have been in healthcare the number of illness that take me out of work has dropped to less than one every 2 years.
    Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands and watch where you put them is the best advice I can give you. Stay out of excessively crowded areas. You would not catch me flying or on a cruise ship for love or money right now, would not be prudent.

Why should anyone trust you? You don’t even display where your from. So do tell, where are all these important meetings with big shots taking place?

I live in a NW suburb of New York City. There. Is. No. Panic. Not surprised, because New Yorkers have their shit together. Mayor finally prohibited events of 500+ people, but the vast majority of public schools (not colleges) remain open. Plan in place to get 10% of the city workforce remote right now, and more as possible, although many city employees do need to be at their posts.

Gov is tired of waiting for clown shoes to do something, anything, positive or productive, so he’s working with 20 independent labs to get testing done in the state and the state is manufacturing its own hand sanitizer. By the ton. New York baby. We get the job done.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:You don't see "Panic" anywhere? Do you live under a rock? There are literally "individuals" walking around with trash bags on their heads, and gas masks (with out filters). Try having a kid at home projectile vomiting and just wanting to pick up a bottle of Clorox wipes and Pedialyte frozen pops. I went to ten stores yesterday, the hoarding, " end of the world " "individuals" cleared everything out. If I had run into one, there was a 99% chance I would have speed tracked the end of their world. Its getting out of control, and the Media is to blame. I also had the privilege of listening to "individuals " in my doctor's waiting room yesterday talking about not buying anything made in China because you will "catch the virus ", as the conversation progressed all I wanted to do was smash my head into the wall next to me. (P.S. My doctor said, "Wash your hands, you'll be fine".)

Same goes for you. Where do you live?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

-Former president of ASHA. Heard of it?
    -Ran the entire European chapter of nurses as a full bird colonel before that.
    -Tenured at 2 top universities.
    -published over a dozen college health books
    -Former president of Diogene medical prior to international acquisition.
    Or we could ask my uncle who is the head of pediatric infectious disease association of the entire nation.
    But yes. You're more qualified. Gtfo of here
    EDIT: my aunts team discovered the link between HPV and cervical cancer which lead to the direct development of gardasil so to answer your questions she saved a fuck ton more lives then you're casually putting into jeopardy.

Oh snap.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Rhode Island, why, want to cuddle? (FYI, Says RI under my username)

Cool. Just curious where you’re experiencing the panic.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

"We get the job done."
    LOL!

Yup. Like immigrants.

#99 4 years ago

Looks like a rando social media post that was picked up by that prestigious media organization for click bait: Yahoo. I saw nothing in that video that indicated that was even NYC. Or even this week.

That looks more like Black Friday at a New Jersey Sams Club.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinfest-be-canceled-covid-19?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.