(Topic ID: 263864)

Will pinfest be canceled covid-19

By spikelou2

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will pinfest be canceled covid-19”

• Yes 92 votes
      62%
    • No 40 votes
      27%
    • If it’s not I’m not going 17 votes
      11%

(149 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8BALL (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    die (resized).jpg
    4E1BE20B-496E-49B2-BC0F-13C3481B4027 (resized).jpeg
    20200312_192848.jpg
    AF8C4667-A3A6-456F-BBAB-DBDA5D187472 (resized).jpeg
    Resized_20200309_114224 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Do you think pinfest will be canceled and if it’s not do you still plan on attending...

#2 4 years ago

Stahp. Moooods.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Stahp. Moooods.

I think your saying Mods, shut down this thread!!

#5 4 years ago

“If it’s not I’m not going”. What the hell is that? Some sorta new double negative!

#6 4 years ago

It’s happening

#7 4 years ago

This has been my most upsetting thought about the whole virus situation.

#8 4 years ago

I truely hope not. Pinfest is always my favorite event of the year.

#9 4 years ago

I'm going even if it gets cancelled and camp in the parking lot until next year.

#10 4 years ago

If I answer yes does that mean I’m going and I think it’s being cancelled?

#11 4 years ago

Unless the warmer spring weather slows the spread down significantly, I can't imagine Pinfest *not* getting cancelled. At the rate the virus is spreading things will probably be significantly worse in May.

#12 4 years ago

I sure hope nothing gets canceled. But, im personally taking a break from shows for awhile till this all blows off.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Unless the warmer spring weather slows the spread down significantly

Tom Hanks and his wife got it in Australia which I believe is in their summer season right now. So I'm not sure the warmer weather will make a difference.

#14 4 years ago

well unfortunately a lot of us are now older folks and it might be wise to postpone this event....

#15 4 years ago

it'll be cancelled now that other big gatherings are too.

#16 4 years ago

Restoring musty & dusty machines builds the immune system.

#17 4 years ago

Arcade Expo in Banning was just postponed.

#18 4 years ago

Unfortunately, the way its going, it would be highly unlikely for the show to happen as planned. It appears the government is canceling life at the moment.

#19 4 years ago

I sure hope it doesn't get canceled, I took off two weeks for it this year. One week to get ready and one to recover.

#20 4 years ago

I hate to say it, but I expect that it will be cancelled. We are several months away from a vaccine and as all of the experts state: "it will get much worse before it gets better." I love pinfest, but it just doesn't seem like a risk worth taking and no one wants to be responsible for an event where shit hits the fan and the damn virus is spread throughout the show.

#21 4 years ago

If it doesn't cancel im sure people will be pouring hand sanitizer on their hands all day. I wonder if hand sanitizer would affect the side art on a pinball machine?

#22 4 years ago

if this is still an issue by May we'll have bigger things to think about than Pinfest. Right now i'm taking a step back from pinball activities other than playing at home... b/c lets face it there are some dirty folks that show up to events

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from superdup:

I wonder if hand sanitizer would affect the side art on a pinball machine?

Most hand sanitizers are 60% or more alcohol so I would suspect yes over time.

#24 4 years ago

Work in healthcare, all indications are this is no different than any other flu bug.

80,000 people died of the flu last year, Corona has killed under 50 in the United States to date. The media is beating this horse for dear life.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Work in healthcare, all indications are this is no different than any other flu bug.
    80,000 people died of the flu last year, Corona has killed under 50 in the United States to date. The media is beating this horse for dear life.

Give it up man it’s over.

This is a public health crisis. Making the media your punching bag on this is beyond old. Talk about "beating this horse"....The "this is the media's fault and also snowflakes!!!" thing was cute last week, and annoying on Monday. Today, it's simply obnoxious and irresponsible.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Oh wow, an expert!?

Why waste your time on pinside when you could be advising the doctors and government in Italy?

"Work in healthcare"? Let us know where so we can avoid it.

#27 4 years ago

This is crazy talk. Nobody is saying that so far Corona has killed more than the flu. It's what's going to happen, not what has. Changes being enacted in order to PREVENT (key word prevent) this virus from killing people might not be the worst idea.

Quoted from gdonovan:

#28 4 years ago

Agreed this isn't any other flu bug, death rates are 2+% while flu is .01% math doesn't lie. Numbers straight from WHO and Fauci

#29 4 years ago

Feel free to panic if you like, I have to deal with the logistics end of various outbreaks. Normal precautions if followed will be fine.

#30 4 years ago

People insinuate this isn't the normal flu and you automatically escalate that to a panic. This isn't the normal flu bug. People should not panic. It seems like you believe that because some people are overreacting, everyone is over reacting. Also, I'm not sure what your role is in the health care industry, but I'm extremely skeptical that It's a clinical position.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Feel free to panic if you like, I have to deal with the logistics end of various outbreaks. Normal precautions if followed will be fine.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Work how, mopping the floor? There are countless statements by reputable experts and countless, detailed and careful articles by reputable people that patiently explain all the differences. So you’re either willfully being ignorant or selling something.

Frankly, I don’t see any panic anywhere. Of course I don’t watch or rely on television news or clickbait sites either. I see educated professionals being smart and cautious. And then I see people like you. That really aren’t helping.

#32 4 years ago

Too early to tell...but wild speculation is the soylent green of Spinside, so carry on...

#33 4 years ago

Thanks to having the second largest legislature in the nation, Pennsylvania politicians will still be scratching their asses with both hands attempting to figure out what to do about the beer virus by the time Pinfest rolls around. May 1st is 50 days away...a lot is going to happen between now and then. This discussion is premature.

#34 4 years ago

Fear spreads faster than the virus.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Fear spreads faster than the virus.

So does stupidity.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Work how, mopping the floor? There are countless statements by reputable experts and countless, detailed and careful articles by reputable people that patiently explain all the differences. So you’re either willfully being ignorant or selling something.
    Frankly, I don’t see any panic anywhere. Of course I don’t watch or rely on television news or clickbait sites either. I see educated professionals being smart and cautious. And then I see people like you. That really aren’t helping.

You don't see "Panic" anywhere? Do you live under a rock? There are literally "individuals" walking around with trash bags on their heads, and gas masks (with out filters). Try having a kid at home projectile vomiting and just wanting to pick up a bottle of Clorox wipes and Pedialyte frozen pops. I went to ten stores yesterday, the hoarding, " end of the world " "individuals" cleared everything out. If I had run into one, there was a 99% chance I would have speed tracked the end of their world. Its getting out of control, and the Media is to blame. I also had the privilege of listening to "individuals " in my doctor's waiting room yesterday talking about not buying anything made in China because you will "catch the virus ", as the conversation progressed all I wanted to do was smash my head into the wall next to me. (P.S. My doctor said, "Wash your hands, you'll be fine".)

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Frankly, I don’t see any panic anywhere.

LOL.

Thats why the news is full of stories of people rushing out to buy bottled water, lysol and toilet paper. One would think the apocalypse is on hand. People are very much panicking. Wander down to the local store and see how much Lysol is in stock and that the expected date of release is.

My wife works at a wholesale club, the place is cleaned out of anything lysol, bottled water or toilet paper. Damnedest thing I have seen.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL.
    Thats why the news is full of stories of people rushing out to buy bottled water, lysol and toilet paper. One would think the apocalypse is on hand. People are very much panicking. Wander down to the local store and see how much Lysol is in stock and that the expected date of release is.
    My wife works at a wholesale club, the place is cleaned out of anything lysol, bottled water or toilet paper. Damnedest thing I have seen.

Definitely no Panic anywhere lol

IMG_0499.jpgIMG_0499.jpg
    #39 4 years ago

FYI been party to several meetings and planning sessions with state and local health officials regarding this event so therefor I'd wager I'm better informed than the average person on Pinside watching TV. Without exception there is consensus this is overblown and there is epic amounts of ass covering by officials because the media is flogging this in the public eye and people want "something done." It is a concern of ours of course since the majority of cases that are fatal are people with compromised systems over the age of 60 which is the bulk of the people in our care. And we have taken steps to mitigate this risk at our facility as would be prudent.

We have numerous protocols and propositioned supplies in place for almost any event. We literately have a 4.5" thick book on the shelf next to me where almost anything and everything is gamed out in advance should an emergency arise and we drill with other facilities and agencies several times a year as required by the state and feds. Pandemics, storms, fire, floods, Anthrax, mass shooter drills, nuclear plant going up, you name it.

Take normal flu precautions as you should be doing anyways. Most people get ill as they have poor situational awareness as to what they are touching and where they place their hands next. If creeps me out to no end watching people pushing a shopping cart and then causally touch their face or worse stick a finger in their mouth. Gross but I see people do it all the time. How many ill people touched that cart in the last 24 hours? Since I have been in healthcare the number of illness that take me out of work has dropped to less than one every 2 years.

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands and watch where you put them is the best advice I can give you. Stay out of excessively crowded areas. You would not catch me flying or on a cruise ship for love or money right now, would not be prudent.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Definitely no Panic anywhere lol[quoted image]

Home Depot 2 days ago, Lysol section cleaned out. Hand sanitizer out of stock till at least June.

Resized_20200309_114224 (resized).jpegResized_20200309_114224 (resized).jpeg
    #41 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

FYI been party to several meetings and planning sessions with state and local health officials regarding this event so therefor I'd wager I'm better informed than the average person on Pinside watching TV. Without exception there is consensus this is overblown and there is epic amounts of ass covering by officials because the media is flogging this in the public eye and people want "something done." It is a concern of ours of course since the majority of cases that are fatal are people with compromised systems over the age of 60 which is the bulk of the people in our care. And we have taken steps to mitigate this risk at our facility as would be prudent.
    We have numerous protocols and propositioned supplies in place for almost any event. We literately have a 4.5" thick book on the shelf next to me where almost anything and everything is gamed out in advance should an emergency arise and we drill with other facilities and agencies several times a year as required by the state and feds. Pandemics, storms, fire, floods, Anthrax, mass shooter drills, nuclear plant going up, you name it.
    Take normal flu precautions as you should be doing anyways. Most people get ill as they have poor situational awareness as to what they are touching and where they place their hands next. If creeps me out to no end watching people pushing a shopping cart and then causally touch their face or worse stick a finger in their mouth. Gross but I see people do it all the time. How many ill people touched that cart in the last 24 hours? Since I have been in healthcare the number of illness that take me out of work has dropped to less than one every 2 years.
    Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands and watch where you put them is the best advice I can give you. Stay out of excessively crowded areas. You would not catch me flying or on a cruise ship for love or money right now, would not be prudent.

You compare it to the flu which is extremely inaccurate and frankly irresponsible and you're in healthcare?

Funny. My college professor aunt with over a dozen published books on healthcare and 2 PHD's says people that spread misinformation like you have death on their hands.

If it is just the flu then why are you avoiding travel, planes or anything else at all cost?

I've never been fearful of the flu to where I avoided anything...

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

You compare it to the flu which is extremely inaccurate and frankly irresponsible and you're in healthcare?
    Funny. My college professor aunt with over a dozen published books on healthcare and 2 PHD's says people that spread misinformation like you have death on their hands.

I'm directly responsible for the lives of 100+ people and have been doing this for well over a decade with full state oversight and regular inspection, your aunt is responsible for how many lives?

Get. Bent. is my reply.

You choose to attack me personally, I'll respond the same way.

#43 4 years ago

Stern Pro Circuit Championships cancelled due to Coronavirus.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm directly responsible for the lives of 100+ people and have been doing this for well over a decade with full state oversight and regular inspection, your aunt is responsible for how many lives?
    Get. Bent. is my reply.
    You choose to attack me personally, I'll respond the same way.

-Former president of ASHA. Heard of it?
    -Ran the entire European chapter of nurses as a full bird colonel before that.
    -Tenured at 2 top universities.
    -published over a dozen college health books
    -Former president of Diogene medical prior to international acquisition.

Or we could ask my uncle who is the head of pediatric infectious disease association of the entire nation.

But yes. You're more qualified. Gtfo of here

EDIT: my aunts team discovered the link between HPV and cervical cancer which lead to the direct development of gardasil so to answer your questions she saved a fuck ton more lives then you're casually putting into jeopardy.

#45 4 years ago

Here's a shortened version of the Joe Rogan podcast with infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Stern Pro Circuit Championships cancelled due to Coronavirus.

I would assume postponed.

An event like that can be easily postponed and rescheduled whenever. They hold it at a local bar and likely have very little sunk costs at this point.

For these big shows, it's a completely different animal. I understand they can't make rash decisions, they need to talk with their partners, there's lots of boxes to check. But in the end there's no way any of these shows happen, not for at least a couple months.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Definitely no Panic anywhere lol[quoted image]

I stopped by Aldi and there people are also hoarding the tp and water. I asked the checker and she said she could not believe the amount sold.

#48 4 years ago

Glad we got this finally figured out. Some guy on pinside and a few outliers on the case have determined this is a nothing burger and just media spin. Someone notify the rest of the world because I don't think they watch CNN.

#49 4 years ago

Watching all of the personal attacks and condescension on here anymore over differences in opinion and/or interpretation of information is just sad.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Watching all of the personal attacks and condescension on here anymore over differences in opinion and/or interpretation of information is just sad.

Just another day on the internet.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinfest-be-canceled-covid-19/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.