Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg
    7395EF70-F2EC-4DBC-A310-755924926145 (resized).png
    ud2J3IO.gif
    5CEC43F5-6C24-466F-A5A9-19852885A1A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

It's not a recession; it's supply and demand. Pinball died in the 90s because of crazy supply and little demand. We are now heading toward crazy supply, with Stern, jjp, spooky, Chicago, American and deep root. Supply is crushing demand, and this can be seen online. When I started only 5 years ago, I had to babysit the web all day to even have a chance at buying a decent pin. Now, there are 25 for sale, some of them hot titles. Prices are still high, but I see the writing on the wall. Supply is about to jump, and by the laws of economics, prices will come down. Rarity will still help with older games.

#122 4 years ago

You can find many younger pinheads, but the interest vs. production is not even close to balanced. Again, supply is easily outpacing demand, not to mention that those who route in my area are making dick-all. That is a fact. Looking at the facts, it’s pretty easy to see the probable outcome. Lastly, I hope someone makes another one of these threads in six months as the market will be slightly different, and it will be fun to get grumpy old Levi going again.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Your experience most definitely not mine. We've got a rapidly growing, active pinhead community in my area, and unless they are outrageously priced, any machine that comes up for sale is gone within hours. There are more machines out on route here than there have been in two decades... and they are making good money.

Most that I talk to are relying on machines to help sell food and beer. With the current cost of machines, they might break even on them after several years, that is, if they aren’t splitting and do their own maintenance and repairs. I’ve been looking into routing and all I hear is, "do it for the community, and do not expect profit." I’ve heard several experienced routers say the same on here. Are some ppl in areas of high pinhead concentration making money? Probably. Is this the norm? Definitely not.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

There is a GB on location that made almost $24k in 3 years. I doubt the maintenance/time down was even an issue. Granted, it's in a busy area, and it was a popular title also in a known popular pinball location.

There will always be exceptions to the rule in the market. Spam sells remarkably well in Hawaii, and David Hasselhoff is big in Germany!

220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg
    11 months later
    #202 3 years ago

Give it time. Actual wealth and liquid cash takes time to disappear. Prices will come down.

#211 3 years ago

This is just the same response as the stock market. No one truly realizes or wants to realize that we have record unemployment and a massive domino effect will surface after the dust settles. This is 100% going to happen. Yes, some rich guys won't be affected, but 90% of the middle class will be losing wealth because of direct or indirect relationships to covid. Trust me. Prices will come down... on everything, especially luxury items. Even Stern will have trouble surviving this.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am super optimistic about the economy. We had the greatest economy in the history of the world so the bones are strong. Everybody is starting to get back to work and soon that unemployment will dip back down. We have a lot of folks in TN still milking that 8 weeks of extra unemployment. As soon as that crap goes away people will have to go back to work. I feel sorry for people who live in Cali, VA, Illinois, Michigan, and a few other turd states run by turd Governors.

LOL, sorry, but that's just funny. Current U.S. debt is 25 trillion dollars. That's $25000000000000, which translates into $76315 per person or a whopping $202,531 per tax payer. Plus there is currently blow-out spending by the fed. They're talking about a major airline going under, and a huge swath of companies that are moving toward chapter 7. Shipping from China was interrupted, so there will be a massive lag in manufacturing. Old people can't get out to spend their retirement dollars. Tourism is set to be in the toilet for at least a year. Do tell where this optimism is coming from because I'm sniffing a fart, not a flower...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinball-prices-come-down-?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.