Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg
    7395EF70-F2EC-4DBC-A310-755924926145 (resized).png
    ud2J3IO.gif
    5CEC43F5-6C24-466F-A5A9-19852885A1A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 4 years ago

As much as Crazy says it didn't happen, prices did dip some in 2009. It wasn't a huge dip, but there was one, at least out here in the midwest. And prices for MM, AFM, and other remake possibility titles have gone way down since that started...if you bought a restored version of one of those 5 years ago, you're probably still in the red.

I think the reason prices haven't dropped is that no one has been able to manufacturer games at volume to compete with Stern. Without that, you can't get oversupply which is needed to drop prices. I think a lot of us (including me) thought that all the manufacturers coming online would cause a drop in new game prices but that hasn't happened at all, in fact they've gone up because nobody can manufacturer games affordably. I think the other assumption is that since the older existing collectors stopped buying, it would stop pinflation, but new buyers keep stepping into the market every day. I'm genuinely surprised at the number of new people coming into the market.

I think the general theory is that pinball prices will fall because existing collectors don't want to pay the higher prices and there's oversupply. The problem is that the new wave of collectors that keeps coming in trumps the existing base and keeps there from being oversupply. So it's one of these deals where theoretically it should have already happened but hasn't. According to google trends, pinball interest is at an all time low, but that hasn't been reflected in the market at all. I really think that the wave of video pinball games on the xbox and playstation helped generate a new wave of buyers to some degree, I've heard from a lot of people that's what got them into this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinball-prices-come-down-?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.