Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg
    7395EF70-F2EC-4DBC-A310-755924926145 (resized).png
    ud2J3IO.gif
    5CEC43F5-6C24-466F-A5A9-19852885A1A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbad:

Have to keep in mind that we havnt had a recession since games were cheaper economy has just been continuously expanding. With economists predicting recesssion around the corner I would like to think that we are about to see older game prices drop

I listen to the news as well and have been hearing about the recession around the corner for many years now. We would all be millionaires if we could accurately predict the market. Same for predicting the pinball market. It was supposed to collapse years ago but keeps getting stronger. Stern was going to have "dark nights". Things will obviously change but doubt you are going to see guys selling pins to pay off mortgages. If you are that tight, you probably shouldn't buy pins to start with. Like what we see today, the high end market will be affected the most. NIB games might depreciate more but doubt much will change with classics. They are getting older, harder to find, and held onto tight by collectors. Collectors will still pay good money for the right games.

1 week later
    #155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Muscle cars is another interesting one, in highschool in the late 80s early 90s lots of kids drove muscle cars. Those same cars today are so far out of a teenagers price range they might as well be on the moon. I know a few guys that still have one but the vast majority have simple moved on and been priced out of the hobby. I can't imagine kids today ever being interested in that kind of car. They are much more likely to spend on experience than material possession. I know prices are still crazy high but will that last forever? Seems like that hobby will eventually age out as well.

Along that argument, muscle cars are still out there and plenty desirable. Prices are not bottoming out because high school kids cannot afford them. Pinball is no different. Classic pins will always have a demand and owned by mature individuals with more discretionary income.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinball-prices-come-down-?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.