Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

220px-MontySpam (resized).jpg
    7395EF70-F2EC-4DBC-A310-755924926145 (resized).png
    ud2J3IO.gif
    5CEC43F5-6C24-466F-A5A9-19852885A1A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago

I doubt it NIB Market has gone up to. I bought a NIB game awhile back. Sold it at a slight profit after the prices spiked up.
    Person buying that game was pleased as punch with all the extras they got with it. I was glad to get my Mod money back +
    a little extra and no one felt ripped off.

I think the days of the 2000 DMD are long gone. Will they be back. Think by the time I am ready to retire they are.

I'm also bringing up a bunch of Pinball enthusiast now to. 3 kiddos that will possibly sell or hoard my games if I don't
    sell them at retirement.

1 week later
    #144 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

And when you pass away?
    I said my piece and I see here the same thing going on with other hobbies. Pinball isn't magically immune to the vagaries of time than anything else. I have no prediction of which way prices will go in the immediate future nor am I proffering one. Just stating I see the same pattern here is all.

People are fickle. There is a definitive up and down swing. Usually based on economy. If Economy is good demand goes up. Vice versa. Currently we are in a bit of an artificially inflated upswing. Things will swing back next election cycle. Just take a drive through parts of northern midwest and other areas. Couple cities thriving but rest of America not so good.

Value on some pin titles is up 35-40% on some of these games. Mostly on really nice shopped out games or folks seeing these prices that don't know any better. For some or you it's time to let go and dance your way to bank. Tip your hat to folks that shop them out and give them another life.

I fear even more on the EM, 70-80s games. DMD will probably hold value along with latest Stern license game. I have 20+ games and think it foolish to go much more over that. I've skimped and saved and traded my way here. Games I have pretty much staying and getting refurbed because I don't want them to end orphaned somewhere.

Most of us aren't in this hobby for an investment. Like cars they sap the money out of our pocket to keep them going.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinball-prices-come-down-?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.