Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by shlt_thunder
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13030FA1-2413-4A0D-B34C-610490491925 (resized).jpeg
    E5B9749F-71AE-43A3-9B78-24CFCB2B7969 (resized).jpeg

#1 86 days ago

I was just watching a bit of the olympics and was thinking there’s no reason pinball couldn’t become an event.
    What’s everyone think?

#2 86 days ago

I highly doubt it.
    -Mike

#4 86 days ago

video gaming will be one day

#5 86 days ago

Are there 40 countries that play pinball?

Also, if car racing isn't in the olympics then pinball won't be.

#6 86 days ago

Only if they force men to wear bikinis like they do for the women’s’ beach volleyball teams.

#7 86 days ago

I can hit a left ramp occasionally, a right loop, but with my big gut, I would probably pass on being called an "olympian".

Maybe next year after I crank up the shaker motor to get the fat off.

#8 86 days ago

No way, they dropped wrestling this from this years. Wrestling is one of the greatest Olympic sports of all time. Olympics suck now anyway.

#9 86 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

No way, they dropped wrestling this from this years. Wrestling is one of the greatest Olympic sports of all time. Olympics suck now anyway.

Um, wrestling is back in this year's Olympics. That was decided years ago. Wrestling is Aug 1-7.

#10 86 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Um, wrestling is back in this year's Olympics. That was decided years ago. Wrestling is Aug 1-7.

Good. I am not watching this year at all. Last I heard they cut it for 2021. Glad it did not get cut.

#13 86 days ago

Me, every time I’m at a pinball show

E5B9749F-71AE-43A3-9B78-24CFCB2B7969 (resized).jpeg
    #14 85 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

You must be thinking of the OTHER 2020 Olympics

#15 85 days ago

Pinside Olympics:

The OBO Vault
    The High Jump in price
    The Triple Shop
    Powder Coat Dressage
    Immaculate Beach Volleyball

#16 85 days ago

bahahahahahahaha. NO

although have to say its not nearly as dumb as half the sports that are in there.

Im more amazed the Olympics are still a thing, all it is a cash grab for advertisers and those running it.

#17 85 days ago

I always wondered what its like at the olympic village, I heard its nothing but a big orgy. Interesting...

#18 85 days ago

Will crop dusting get me a yellow card? I just want to know if I can eat tacos before competing.

#19 85 days ago

Probably not.

Unless. They have the one leg on the glass while playing event.

Then they will.

LTG : )

#20 85 days ago

If curling can be then I don’t see why not.

#21 85 days ago

After watching several events, I'd say any "sport" where the gold metal winner can be over 30 years old needs to get cut, with rare exceptions (e.g. maybe golf, basketball, etc.) The Olympics should be about athletic performance IMO, and nothing else. Something about these "sports" where you can be in your 50's and still win just isn't right (e.g. various equestrian events, table tennis, archery/shooting, sailing, etc.) Then I'd start cutting the overly subjective judgment events like artistic swimming, artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, etc.) Personally, I wouldn't mind cutting all events that include judge scoring, but I'm probably in the minority there as many of these have obvious athletic skill involved (e.g. gymnastics, diving, trampoline, boxing, wrestling, various martial arts, etc.)

I do have an idea that I think would have all kinds of viewership - The Alternate Olympics. In this scenario, Olympic athletes of a given sport must compete in at least one alternate Olympic event. These would demonstrate who indeed the truest/best athletes in the world are. Who wouldn't love a badminton Olympian competing in boxing, a basketball player doing trampoline, or a skateboarder having to weightlift? Competition, comedy, and the overall spectacle would be awesome.

#23 84 days ago

I struggle to refer to competitive pinball as a sport while we let our top "athlete's" wear headphones. Dealing with the game's sounds and in competition, the crowd, is part of the difficulty. Headphones are cheating as far as I'm concerned. How many other sports let their competitors wear headphones? I'll give snowboarders a pass since they can literally break their neck.

#24 84 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I struggle to refer to competitive pinball as a sport while we let our top "athlete's" wear headphones. Dealing with the game's sound's and in competition, the crowd, is part of the difficulty. Headphones are cheating as far as I'm concerned. How many other sports let their competitors wear headphones? I'll give snowboarders a pass since they can literally break their neck.

Formula 1 drivers.

#25 84 days ago

The Olympics should only be for real sports. I get that there are a few where physical prowess might not be necessary. You don't see a bunch of out of shape people curling.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside