(Topic ID: 101112)

Will painted levelers permanently stain your carpet ? Let's find out together .

By trilogybeer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-09-06_at_3.27.31_AM.png
    image.jpg
    images.jpeg
    12lufn.jpg
    20150905_183258.jpg
    20150905_183227.jpg
    Doug.png
    281052.jpg
    P1010583.JPG
    P1010581.JPG
    P1010579.JPG
    dddd.gif
    P1010577.JPG
    P1010574.JPG
    P1010571.JPG
    278235-i.jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

How about painting the carpet and spinning an unpainted leveller on it?

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Dammit man ! That is exactly what I was going to do . I was going to shoot a video and post to youtube , Got a friend coming over Saturday I was going to have him help me shoot the video . Oh well I still have a few other tests I was going to try also . You are smart , want to guess what having a leveler in the drill will do to the carpet ? Also do you think the painted leveler cause more damage to the carpet than an unpainted one if also put in the drill ? Guess right and I'll send you a LIONMAN shirt . No cheating though , meaning don't try it before I do .
    Cheers
    Doug

Haha. You can always one up that by putting it into a router and doing like 30,000 rpms

#53 9 years ago

Teh drill test will not work as it will bring in heat to the equation. You are going to need to design and make a machine that nudges the game every 15-20seconds and leave it on repeat for 5 days for a more accurate test.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Suggestion #1: Don't paint leg levelers. They are too cheap to not just replace them if rusted.

Actually I had a box full of rusty levelers and I just bathed them in evaporust. I now have a bunch of perfect levelers.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

What if you paint the drill ?

What if you paint your lionman?

#56 9 years ago

Could you leave your pin turning on a carpeted vajazzler for a week and post the results?

#57 9 years ago

Put the levelers in a vibratory tumbler with pieces of carpet for 24 hrs.... Also pour beer in there cause why the F' not...

#58 9 years ago

Why not just have them powder coated.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

What if you like stains?

I'll have to remember never to bring the blacklight over there...

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

I'll have to remember never to bring the blacklight over there...

Blacklights are just a bad idea in general. As they say... "Ignorance is bliss".

#62 9 years ago

Ok I put one on my Lost world , different carpet and different era of game . I think the painted leveler looks awesome with these legs . I'm going to have to do a full set for this game , and then I'm going to have to restore the game so it will be as nice as the legs and levelers I have on it .

P1010583.JPGP1010583.JPG

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Teh drill test will not work as it will bring in heat to the equation. You are going to need to design and make a machine that nudges the game every 15-20seconds and leave it on repeat for 5 days for a more accurate test.

Yes you are correct , and that would be great a great test , maybe someday that will happen . But the drill test is good because it will tell us how much friction and heat is needed to make the paint transfer to the carpet and permanently stain it and if paint transfer will happen at all. I have not done this test yet but I think with the leveler in the drill it will just burn the carpet , I also think that an unpainted leveler will burn the carpet also but it will take longer than the painted one . Just my theory on what will happen with the drill test .Is it an accurate test not really , but it will be fun . Just another question for you all to ponder , How much does a leg leveler really move with nudging ? Once a leveler has planted itself into the carpet , from my observations it moves very little if at all with an average nudge .From what I noticed most of the force from the nudge is absorbed by flex in the legs and the levelers don't move much.

#64 9 years ago

This is better than an episode of mythbusters.... just need some way to involve ballistic gel and some sort of explosive...

#65 9 years ago

Some advice, you probably should not put anything on your carpet because anything could mess it up . Just keep your rooms empty , in fact don't even look at your carpet the wrong way because that could fuck it up .

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

This is better than an episode of mythbusters.... just need some way to involve ballistic gel and some sort of explosive...

No way, because then it would be like Mythbusters and that show is not good.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Or a shaker motor mounted on leveling legs with a couple cinder blocks to match the weight.

#68 9 years ago

I put black lights in my dining room chandelier, bad idea, I must have a lot of accidents whilst sleep-walking

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah I even posted a link to Pin Footies in my first post . This thread will be for people that don't want to use Footies .

If you dont care about your carpet enough to use a pin footie or something to not allow the carpet to look crappy then why do you care if it gets small stains? just sayin

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I put black lights in my dining room chandelier, bad idea, I must have a lot of accidents whilst sleep-walking

Sleep-Jerking you mean.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Jay's house of rave.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you ever find a stripper with a carpet - fncking run!!!!!

I prefer my strippers with hard wood floors

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

And Kari Byron. Because that chick is one smoking hot nerd.

rd.

#74 9 years ago

Ha! That paint is going to stain your carpet!!!! You cant argue with the guy who claims to be the best in the world at what he does.....

I secretly went and spilled some paint all around the levelers today when you weren't looking just to mess up your project!

#75 9 years ago

Damnit , I invite you over for a day of work and you go around spilling paint on my carpet and not help me shoot my youtube video for this thread . Jokes of course, but me and centerflank were far too busy doing stuff that is much more important than my youtube video today . IT will be made and I hope it will be entertaining but to me it's more important to get shit done that matters than shit that doesn't

281052.jpg281052.jpg
    #76 9 years ago

Maybe we should look at your carpet under a blacklight.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe we should look at your carpet under a blacklight.

That's a good idea , maybe those levelers left something there that you can't see in normal light .

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

IT will be made and I hope it will be entertaining but to me it's more important to get shit done that matters than shit that doesn't

What is it?

#79 9 years ago

Looks great Doug!!! Huge thanks to you and centerflank!!!

I thought you were bust with your Trilogy side gig yesterday???
    Doug.pngDoug.png

2 weeks later
    #80 9 years ago

No stains yet .

11 months later
    #81 8 years ago

Well it has been almost a year and absolutely no stains at all from the 2 painted levelers I put on . I am going to say that painted leg levelers (if painted with automotive paint and clear ) will NOT stain your carpet ( and that is based on more than just a hunch) But as always feel free to do whatever you want with your stuff .

20150905_183227.jpg20150905_183227.jpg

20150905_183258.jpg20150905_183258.jpg

#83 8 years ago

High five!!!!

#84 8 years ago

12lufn.jpg12lufn.jpg

#85 8 years ago

Tear it up Doug!

#86 8 years ago

Science guy approved...
    images.jpegimages.jpeg

#88 8 years ago

Guess someone doesn't know what they are talking about.....

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.27.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.27.31 AM.png

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-painted-levelers-permanently-stain-your-carpet-lets-find-out-together/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.