(Topic ID: 102293)

Will modern coin mechs work in older SS machines (e.g. Dolly Parton)?

By m00dawg

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by m00dawg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I just bought some new mechs for my STTNG and realized that these might be a good thing to get for a Dolly machine I've been helping a guy repair. The mechs in that are pretty gross and they seem to be doing the same thing my STTNG was doing that caused me to replace my mechs (rejecting almost all coins). Since mechs are cheap, it's worth $10 for me to try to get it working in Dolly, since it's on location, than mess about.

Question was, are there any differences I need to be aware of, or can I just grab, say, these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=15

I haven't seen Dolly recently to remember how standard it is, but it has the original coin door (and the owner probably wants to keep it that way).

Thoughts?

#5 9 years ago

Yeah the actual mech that validates or rejects the coin. I decided, as much as I hate incomplete things, I'll just install one of my new ones in my STTNG for now and just bring the other with me next time I need to service Dolly and see if I can get it to fit.

Thanks for the help all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-modern-coin-mechs-work-in-older-ss-machines-eg-dolly-parton?tu=m00dawg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.