(189 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_2_drops.PNG
Capture_Drops_Proof.PNG
Capture_LE.PNG
metpinball2.jpg
metpinball4.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

So Im calling it out now. Death match to come.

I stayed far away from Xmen and Gomez Avengers (Stern still hasnt sold out of Blue Avengers) and went all in on ACDC as my first and second NIB. I called ACDC a homerun over a year ago and bought both Pro and Premium. (I missed BIBLE!) The new 1.65 code is over the top good. Seems I picked it mostly right.

So what is my prediction?? Metallica will be great must have in any manly line up. Why?
1. The band loves pinball and used there own artist.
2. They already made a custom pin.
3. They are proud of this and want it to be kickass. Was ACDC giving this much feedback to Stern? I doubt it and still turned out awesome.
4. Stern first Color DMD
5. Just like ACDC, huge global appeal.

Will it top ACDC???? Its going to come down to code but it could because of the color DMD. But without a cannon and lockbar button/VIP pass I dont think is will.

Im in for an LE.

metpinball4.jpgmetpinball4.jpg metpinball2.jpgmetpinball2.jpg

#2 11 years ago

WHO GIVES A SHIT! sorry for the bluntness but who really cares. Its your choice. who cares if everyone thinks its sucks.

NOT A FRICKING COLOR DMD CONFIRMED THREW MARK MUTHA TRUCKING GALVEZ THE MAN WHO DOES DOTS!

#3 11 years ago

Must wait 2 years after code is complete to make judgement.

I'm in for a HUO or NIB 2015.

Till then I will add 1-2 complete titles & sell those when Metallica is fully programmed & I've logged enough time to determine if its worthy of my space/money/effort.

Buying blind LE isn't my style

#4 11 years ago

Everyone keeps saying it has a color DMD, but isn't that just the program they're using to code/make the game?? It doesn't have a color DMD from what I've read/heard so far...

Yes I hope it's better, as I may be dropping Hobbit to get it

#5 11 years ago

Who knows. With the bands involvement this pin will be great.

#6 11 years ago

I heard the DMD may be white. I do not thing its color

#7 11 years ago

Yes. No. Maybe.

#8 11 years ago

Will the King get his balls cut off so he can be queen? Who knows? Let's wait for the game to come out to do a poll.

#9 11 years ago

Stern Slow mo reveal with End of Line. Notice the animations are in color.

#10 11 years ago

I AM NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN I TALKED TO ER DER MARK DER UH AH GALVEZ ER DER ITS NOT COLOR! that is DELUXE PAINT 3.0!!!!!!!!! But go ahead and think what you want. Facts mean nothing.

JUST like 6 months ago when i started the damn Metallica thread. FACTS!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Stern Slow mo reveal with End of Line. Notice the animations are in color.
» YouTube video

That's just the program they use. It gets "dot-ified" "monochromed" to DMD.

As for whether this will be better...who knows, but I think it will be AMAZING. The custom art and tons-o-toys will give AC/DC a run for its money. The thing thing is, they're TOTALLY different in terms of theme. AC/DC is about the rockin' concert experience. Metallica looks like it will be more of an "original narrative" type of game using fun-cartoony versions of the band and motifs from their songs and albums. I'm glad they're each totally original in their approach to the band concept...they'll both feel nice in a collection!

#12 11 years ago

Darn. I was hoping to justify price increase. That is BS.

#13 11 years ago

A color DMD won't make the game great. A great playfield and awesome code will make the game great. I like that it will have metal ramps instead of plastic. Plastic ramps are too much maintenance. The playfield layout does look cool...but only time will tell.

I'm LOVING my AC/DC Premium, so Metallica will have to be pretty incredible to take AC/DC away from being my all time favorite game.

#14 11 years ago

I am hoping the skull cap for the chair is el wire.

#15 11 years ago

Id rather see stern move to stereo sound rather than color dmd....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Darn. I was hoping to justify price increase. That is BS.

-4 major interactive/motion toys...all custom
-Metal ramps and wireforms
-SUBWAY
-Inline drops
-Multiple magnets
-Color changing inserts (possibly more than AC/DC?...in any case - Avengers didn't have these)
-Song licensing can't be cheap

Sure, who likes the high prices, but I feel OK going into this one with no regrets...I didn't see the value in Avengers....this is a must-own.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I am hoping the skull cap for the chair is el wire.

If not, MOD TO COME LOL...I was thinking "this could be the first game in a while you wouldn't bother modding cuz it's got so much stuff!" ...but there, you just thought of one. Probably someone will make a mod to make the snake's eyes light up....hehe...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If not, MOD TO COME LOL...I was thinking "this could be the first game in a while you wouldn't bother modding cuz it's got so much stuff!" ...but there, you just thought of one. Probably someone will make a mod to make the snake's eyes light up....hehe...

I likely will never see one. Cash is not with me this year.

#19 11 years ago

The real question is "will it fit in my Yugo?"

#20 11 years ago

ACDC is already a top 10 game. If Metallica can rank among ACDC then I welcome it as an ACDC owner. More quality pins released only means that pinball will continue to grow.

#21 11 years ago

I predict that people will argue it out in thread after thread after thread, and then when the game comes out some people will actually have a valid opinion on it.

#22 11 years ago

Not a Metallica fan, but I gotta admit it looks cool.

Stern appears to be rising to JJP's challenge. Good for them and us!

#23 11 years ago

where is the subway? the video shows it as storage trough for locked balls and not a subway!

#24 11 years ago

This looks like a fun layout for any kind of monster/zombie theme pin. Should only be a bonus that its music is supplied by a commercial band. Certainly wont be any worse than custom pin tunes. I'm also digging the rat fink art direction. Not at all a Metallica fanatic but I might have to find a way to make this one happen.

What would be the stuff is if they did a sort of rock jukebox pin taking the best songs from the metal era regardless of band. Really do the jukebox theme properly.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

where is the subway? the video shows it as storage trough for locked balls and not a subway!

If the balls enter at a point on one place on the PF and exit at another place, traveling underneath in a contained trough, I would call that a subway.

#26 11 years ago

looks like no in-line drops or gavel/magnet biz on "pro"

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

The Pro buyers will say it's "faster"

#28 11 years ago

with le prices being what they are its nice to see more mechs going in. i was lucky enough (according to me at least lol) to get a wolverine LE for what could become the pro price of metallica (give or take $500ish). Maybe tallica will tank on early code and i can snag another LE for a resonable price....

game looks great tho, glad to see original art, innovative/ well integrated (with the theme at least) toys, and obv the sound will be cool too. fingers crossed for some callouts from papa het or other band members!

FYI if i end up playing or owning the pro, any missing features will totally make the game faster and flowier and BETTER

#29 11 years ago

Must see more. Must resist. Will there be a premium version?

#30 11 years ago

Than

#31 11 years ago

Don't know if it will be a better pin than ACDC, but the soundtrack will be waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Pro buyers will say it's "faster"

you are right. drop targets does slow down the ball.

#33 11 years ago

This will be a better pin from what I can see for me because of what I like in a pin and in general for Stern. I like the music and band of AC/DC more but not sold 100% on the pin. Its good and I am glad it did well but think this pin will rock and be like an updated version of TFTC by John Borg. I like the metal ramps and hand drawn artwork. I wish that they would do a color DMD or at least show us something new and creative with advanced technology of today. This can only help for an Iron Maiden to follow somewhere down the road which I will hold out for as my first NIB since a Motorhead or Scorpions or Monsters of Rock pin will never be made.Also, More pictures here http://www.pinballnews.com/games/metallica/index.html

#34 11 years ago

the game looks cool! who is doing the programming for this one?

#35 11 years ago

LYMAN SHEETS )))

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

LYMAN SHEETS )))

Never heard of him.

#37 11 years ago

Band integration and feedback can be a double edged sword. Can make it kick as or lame depending on if the band knows when to let the pros take over.

#38 11 years ago

Im in on.this one. Its gonna melt your face!

#39 11 years ago

I am all in, but there is no way to know if it will be better. I hope so, why not!

#40 11 years ago

If it's anywhere close to ACDC I will be a happy camper. So far, I'm very encouraged.

Better than expected track listing
No spinning disc
No major shots in the lower third of the playfield (my single biggest X-men frustration.)

I'm all-in on this one!

#41 11 years ago

Hell yeah it will! It will be the greatest pin of all time.

#42 11 years ago

No, I need to play it first.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

LYMAN SHEETS )))

If only they had Keith and Ted working on it.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Both Pro and LE get inlines. Confirmed. What you see in the vid is early whitewood.

#45 11 years ago

the music will be better for sure.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The hammer drops and the ball vanishes like in TOTAN through the subway.
I am sure this is LE only, not in the PRO.

#47 11 years ago

ACDC is only great because of the code; whereas metallica will be great because of everything; much better layout and way better toys to start

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking "this could be the first game in a while you wouldn't bother modding cuz it's got so much stuff!"

I feel that way about AC/DC Premium/LE, yet people are adding all kinds of shite to that game.

#49 11 years ago

I dont think it will be better then ac dc, but thats one of the best ever, although may that be only my opinion.

But i do hope it will be better cause then we have another big run of fantastic machines and gives us confidence stern is really on the right track.

#50 11 years ago

i would say the odds are against it but it sure does look nice. The theme is better already as well as the tracklisting but that's all subjective. Well... I guess it's all subjective in the end, isn't it?

They need more Kill Em All tracks. Hit the Lights, Motorbreath, Jump in the Fire(!!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 12.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-metallica-be-better-then-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.