Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
23069164-0-image-a-60_1578337375070 (resized).jpg
megan-fox-transformers-thomas-pollart (resized).jpg
unnamkhed (resized).jpg
e6dfc52478b7f8619b0f819186bc7a81 (resized).jpg
m&m gay (resized).png
Underworld- Awakening - Kate Beckinsale As Selene Guns In Hands-720x405 (resized).jpg
tommy-lee-and-machine-gun-kelly-1280x720 (resized).jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Last month MGK's rock album debut at #1 on Billboard's Top 200.

Not the "Rock Chart", or the "Alternative Chart", but the real Top 200

It's probably been years since a guitar based rock band hit #1 on the 200 (and normally that's some dinosaur band, who's best work is decades behind them).

Will kids start liking rock music again, as long as it's not their grandfather's rock?

#2 3 years ago

Machine Gun Kelly - Selling Tickets To My Downfall (Official Audio)

#3 3 years ago

Not unless they start making better videos.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Not unless they start making better videos.

He made this one with his current GF, Megan Fox.

He moved in with Megan, so he gets full access to her collection of Pins and video games:

Machine Gun Kelly - Bloody Valentine [Official Video]

#5 3 years ago

He broke it off with Kate Beckinsale (yep the Underworld broad), to get with the super talented Halesy

Machine Gun Kelly ft. Halsey - Forget Me Too [Official Music Video]

#6 3 years ago

Yes he will!

#7 3 years ago

Machine Gun Kelly - Kiss Kiss (Official Visualizer)

#8 3 years ago

If you did not catch it, Travis Barker from Blink-182 is the drummer/producer on all these tracks. That guy is a machine.

Machine Gun Kelly - I Think I'm OKAY [Official Music Video]

#9 3 years ago

sounds like a blink 182/green day ripoff to me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sounds like a blink 182/green day ripoff to me.

It's half of Blink, that's for sure.

#11 3 years ago

The old school MGK, worlds best White rapper:

Machine Gun Kelly - Sail (Official Music Video)

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

worlds best White rapper

You mean Eminem right?

I had no idea that MGK has switched from rap to rock. Is any of this actually his work, or is he just singing other people’s songs while surrounded by ghost writers? That 1st song definitely had a blink 182, good Charlotte, sum 41, etc vibe to it.

Edit. I think El-P is a better white rapper then MGK also

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You mean Eminem right?

Eminem wins for greatest white crybaby in a sweat suit.

Machine Gun Kelly "Rap Devil"

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Eminem wins for biggest white crybaby in a tracksuit.
Machine Gun Kelly "Rap Devil"

MGK is talented for sure. In my opinion he’s not the best white rapper and I doubt he’ll save rock n roll. Although this is the first time I’ve heard his rock, and it’s catchy.

#15 3 years ago

Rock's already been saved apparently.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

That 1st song definitely had a blink 182, good Charlotte, sum 41, etc vibe to it.

MGKs mom has a video of him singing along to Blink when he was 7 years old.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My niece was a big fan of Imagine Dragon for a while there. I thought they had a chance to last.

Greta van Fleet is great.

#18 3 years ago

Em destroyed his rap career. Probably better he moved onto a different sound. He's another rapper that got chewed up and spit out by Em. Dont think he'll save rock, but he'll add interest to the punk/alt scene.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Gretta got up to #36 on the Billboard Top 200, but I've got a feeling it's just old men buying their tracks cuz they sound like a cover of Zep, who was a cover of Muddy

If Gretta was a liquor, they'd advertise it as "3x distilled"

#20 3 years ago

And for the Boomers who did not recognize him, MGK played Tommy Lee in the movie The Dirt

tommy-lee-and-machine-gun-kelly-1280x720 (resized).jpgtommy-lee-and-machine-gun-kelly-1280x720 (resized).jpg
#21 3 years ago

I'm confused. When I lived in Cleveland, his hometown, he was a rapper. Now he's rock and roll?

#22 3 years ago

No, rock n roll does not need him. Plenty of good music bein made. Corey Taylor, Ffdp, met, etc,,,

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Last month MGK's rock album debut at #1 on Billboard's Top 200.
Not the "Rock Chart", or the "Alternative Chart", but the real Top 200
It's probably been years since a guitar based rock band hit #1 on the 200 (and normally that's some dinosaur band, who's best work is decades behind them).
Will kids start liking rock music again, as long as it's not their grandfather's rock?

Tool did it just 1 year ago.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Tool did it just 1 year ago.

Yes!

But, Tool is a dinosaur band from 30 years ago.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes!
But, Tool is a dinosaur band from 30 years ago.

with 10x the talent of this guy

#26 3 years ago

I'm confused. When I lived in Cleveland, his hometown, he was a rapper. Now he's rock and roll?

Yes, he pulled a Cleveland Kid Rock

#27 3 years ago

He's got Megan fox and good pinball. Lucky fellow...

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Plenty of good music bein made. Corey Taylor, Ffdp, met, etc,,,

Corey Taylor is great, but after 30 years in the music biz, he's dinosaur status too. They still play Duality at the strip bar, so he checks that box nicely.

Five Finger Death Punch just tries too hard. Their cover of Bad Company's theme song might be the worst song ever recorded. The whole hook of the song is when just before the chorus the real version hits Eb then F# and finally falls to a low Db and explodes. The cover somehow misses all that and just plods along with out any dynamics. Jimmy Kimmel is right, they should have done "Hey Hey Were the Monkees" if they were going to steal another band's theme song.

MET, I assume you mean the chick band? Kinda weak hookless songs, but they are good looking for sure.

#29 3 years ago

Who?
Oh... that right; I'm old and don't care.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

with 10x the talent of this guy

Like my grandfather always said, "Talent is for high school shows. If girls can't strip to your music, you have only made every night a sausage party."

Dream Theater, Rush, Tony McAlpine, Tool, King Crimson; all great dinosaur talents.

Polyphina got 3 girls to attend their concert, but they had to let them in free:

Polyphia - Champagne

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

He's got Megan fox and good pinball. Lucky fellow...

You know when he was a little kid he cranked off to Megan and Kate Beckinsale constantly.

I'd bet anything the night he first went home with Kate he asked "Hey, you still got that rubber suit ?"

Underworld- Awakening - Kate Beckinsale As Selene Guns In Hands-720x405 (resized).jpgUnderworld- Awakening - Kate Beckinsale As Selene Guns In Hands-720x405 (resized).jpg
#32 3 years ago

I’ll be interested to see what else comes out of this band. I really like Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver.
They seem to capture that vibe with this track, which is the only one I’ve heard so far.

List of band members via the internet (not my descriptions)

Noah Weiland, son of Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland (vocals)

Tye Trujillo, son of Metallica’s Robert Trujillo, who you may remember from when he toured with Korn in 2017, at the ripe old age of twelve (bass)

London Hudson, son of Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash (drums)

Niko Tsangaris, whose father I think (but cannot seem to confirm) does or used to co-manage Slash and/or Velvet Revolver (guitar)

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/11/13/check-out-suspect208-the-new-band-featuring-the-sons-of-dudes-from-guns-n-roses-metallica-and-stone-temple-pilots/

#33 3 years ago

The band that’s bringing rock music back to the mainstream is Bring Me the Horizon. Big all around the world ...

They just released a new EP ... got some real bangers on it. Like this one.

Also a great duet with the Evanescence singer.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

List of band members via the internet (not my descriptions)
Noah Weiland, son of Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland (vocals)
Tye Trujillo, son of Metallica’s Robert Trujillo, who you may remember from when he toured with Korn in 2017, at the ripe old age of twelve (bass)
London Hudson, son of Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash (drums)
Niko Tsangaris, whose father I think (but cannot seem to confirm) does or used to co-manage Slash and/or Velvet Revolver (guitar)

This just makes me think they’re a manufactured sound put together by record executives. With that kind of pedigree they’re obviously not a garage band that started from nothing.

If that’s the case then I further think that he will not save rock n roll.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

worlds best White rapper

Eminem
Macklimore
Classified

#36 3 years ago

I think the better question is "how many hot and famous women will machine gun kelly end up sleeping with? "

#37 3 years ago

Deeproot will save rock and roll... "Music Is Easy!"

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Eminem
Macklimore
Classified

Wrong!

#39 3 years ago

I think the better question is "how many hot and famous women will machine gun kelly end up sleeping with? "

Kate B is 47 now. I wouldn't think she was an "A" game anymore,,,, I mean for a rock star. For me, sure!

#40 3 years ago

OMG Vid! Welcome back!!!!!!!! It's so good to see you posting.

Never forget that MGK got booted out of rap by Eminem dissing him so bad.

#41 3 years ago

Machine gun Kelly at Microsoft store.

#42 3 years ago

Yay Vid1900!

#43 3 years ago

Deleted

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Never forget that MGK got booted out of rap by Eminem dissing him so bad.

That's how serious his disses are!

... if he disses you, AND points one of his tiny fingers at you, you might get a call from Trick Trick - and you don't want that, trust me, you do not want that.
m&m gay (resized).pngm&m gay (resized).png

#45 3 years ago

WHAT. Are you guys even talking about.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A new rock band debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200.

An amazing feat that has not happened in many, many years.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Kate B is 47 now. I wouldn't think she was an "A" game anymore,,,, I mean for a rock star. For me, sure!

No A game? I'll pretend you didn't say such a crazy thing.

e6dfc52478b7f8619b0f819186bc7a81 (resized).jpge6dfc52478b7f8619b0f819186bc7a81 (resized).jpg
#48 3 years ago

Enough vids of tatted up crap singers....more pics of Kate B please.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty standard thread calling people boomers for not paying attention to the Billboard 200 that isn't relevant to anyone but boomers

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Kate B is 47 now. I wouldn't think she was an "A" game anymore,,,,

It could be that Michael Bay gave a young MGK a fetish for women sprayed orange.

Women with English accents are not normally known for having deep tans like in Pearl Harbor

unnamkhed (resized).jpgunnamkhed (resized).jpg

megan-fox-transformers-thomas-pollart (resized).jpgmegan-fox-transformers-thomas-pollart (resized).jpg

23069164-0-image-a-60_1578337375070 (resized).jpg23069164-0-image-a-60_1578337375070 (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-machine-gun-kelly-save-rock-music-?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.