Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have my TWD game set to no tilt and I have to shove the game around alot to have a decent game, otherwise I get tons of SDTM shots. Frustrating as hell. I don't mind a hard game but it just doesn't seem fair that the ball get trapped by a magnet then just goes SDTM. Not fun.

Since i have to shove the game hard to have a decent game, am I at risk of the legs bending?

#3 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!
    I was concerned that Stern cut corners on the making legs less durable like everything else they cut back on these days.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

can turning the magnet on the playfield fix the problem ?

No because it holds the ball for like 5 sec, then lets go and it falls straight down. Sometimes it jiggles it, most times not and the flipper trick usually does not work. The only other thing to do is disable the prison magnet. What I do now is give is big shove right when it lets go of the ball. Total pain in the ass but otherwise it's SDM.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

There was a thread speculating that they were thinner more recently...but not sure if was found true or not............Joey

Honestly wouldn't put it past Stern. If it saves them a quarter, they'll do it.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Jebus, I don't toss my games around like that!!!!!

I never had to toss a game around ever. All my other games play great. Never had a game ever that did a SDM like this.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it's really that bad just turn the magnet off. The prem I have at my house very rarely doesn't this. Does suck when it happens though.

Yea I think I might try that route. I wish they would have fixed this issue in the software. At least for mine, it doesn't.

#18 7 years ago

That's why you need to give a good shove now and again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-legs-get-damaged?tu=Edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.