(Topic ID: 125482)

Will Kiss be the 3rd(ish) weak seller in a row?

By Pins4me

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kasket_2011.jpeg
    image.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.08.39 PM.png
    $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57.JPG
    20131205_121756.jpg
    1422571488.jpg
    $_57 (7).jpg
    $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (8).jpg
    $_57 (13).jpg
    $_57 (12).jpg
    kiss-mints.jpg
    20131205_121806.jpg
    20131205_121839.jpg
    350695-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Unless anybody can provide specific sales figures on these titles, along with reports on expected sales vs. absolute sales, this thread is completely moot.

How do we know how these titles are selling? I know of three WWEs on route near me. And we don't know shit about how Nelly is selling vs. how they expected it to sell. I doubt anybody at Stern was expecting to move thousands of those.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Also has Kiss even been confirmed as the next Stern? Maybe I missed the announcement, but I can't imagine missing an announcement that big.

KISS has been confirmed as the next game immediately after the release of every Stern title over the past 4 years.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I don't know why everybody thinks that Iron Maiden would be a big hit. So many people outright hate metal. Far more than enjoy it. On top of the music genre, the art isn't a super great fit for many others.

Pretty sure every single one of these arguments is refuted with the success of Metallica.

I'm not even a huge Maiden fan but I can see the parallels. Except with more international appeal.

And Maiden's artwork is a huge reason for their success - without Eddie we'd probably have never heard of em.

Quoted from jar155:

Metallica is far more friendly to the mainstream than Iron Maiden happens to be. Even Metallica has 2-3 songs that pretty much everybody can handle, even if they generally dislike Metallica's music.

Maiden's international appeal is huge. And they are pretty "mainstream" as far as metal goes - you think metal you think Maiden. The Maiden section of Hot Topic has got to be at least as big as Metallica's.

I think you are underestimating the similarities a Maiden/Metallica pin have.

And Metallica has ONE song everybody knows (Enter Sandman). It's not like they are the beatles and "everybody knows their songs" isn't the reason the pin got made. Maiden's got Run to the Hills.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-kiss-be-the-3rdish-weak-seller-in-a-row?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.