(Topic ID: 125482)

Will Kiss be the 3rd(ish) weak seller in a row?

By Pins4me

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kasket_2011.jpeg
    image.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.08.39 PM.png
    $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57.JPG
    20131205_121756.jpg
    1422571488.jpg
    $_57 (7).jpg
    $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (8).jpg
    $_57 (13).jpg
    $_57 (12).jpg
    kiss-mints.jpg
    20131205_121806.jpg
    20131205_121839.jpg
    350695-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

Nellie is not a regular Stern game....it's a boutique pin made in partnership. They are not being made in normal Stern quantities and there will be no surplus surprises here. No reason for OP to even bring it up.

TWD is selling just fine (not my favorite), so I'm not sure why it was brought up. The fact that they brought out a Premium after the fact shows the the LE sold out quick. Lyman has said, even with it's incomplete code, it's performing well on location.

Wrong facts, wrong conclusions.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Go back and read my original comment. "Nelly. Ok, not really a Stern game, but their finger prints are all over it." Although its not a Stern game, Stern is promoting it. Hell, there is even a cartoon Gary Stern advertising it. That's why, I, the OP, brought it up. Geez.
    Don't know where your getting your facts about Walking Dead either, but just look at the popularity of the game posted here alone. NIB units aren't even selling and those open used ones are taking a huge hit. Of course your going to support your own child, but doesn't mean the facts are true about it doing well on location. Heck, I have no interest in WrestleMania, Nelly nor Kiss but I will play them on location.
    To quote yourself, Wrong Fact, Wrong Conclusions.

Alright, Vern, let's break it down at a 6th grade level.

You were stating that Nellie would be a weak seller, part of "3 in a row" from Stern. This is not a regular run, it is a novelty, and is not intended to be a big seller. You're argument is broken at this juncture already, but let's dive further.

Where are you getting your facts about TWD? Please, reveal your "inside" information! Simple logic shows us the the LE sold out quickly, and warranted the Premium version. This was the first time Stern didn't announce a Premium at launch, and its existence is based solely on the demand with the LE selling out. Lyman Sheets himself, as well as Ops on Pinside have stayed that it performs well on location. Hell, the TV show is huge, and even the non-pinheads will drop change into it based on the theme alone.

So, you're entire "3 in a row" argument has no merit. Take a good look in the mirror, accept your failure, let it wash over you, and try to better yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-kiss-be-the-3rdish-weak-seller-in-a-row?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.