(Topic ID: 125482)

Will Kiss be the 3rd(ish) weak seller in a row?

By Pins4me

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

kasket_2011.jpeg
    image.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.08.39 PM.png
    $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57.JPG
    20131205_121756.jpg
    1422571488.jpg
    $_57 (7).jpg
    $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (8).jpg
    $_57 (13).jpg
    $_57 (12).jpg
    kiss-mints.jpg
    20131205_121806.jpg
    20131205_121839.jpg
    350695-i.jpg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 4 years ago

Can one of the mods censor paulohotline if he is just going to continue his childish rant.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Can one of the mods censor paulohotline if he is just going to continue his childish rant.

Why is it when someone doesn't agree with someone else's post, it's a rant? The word is so overused on this forum. Geez!

Happy Memorial Day weekend fellow pinhead!

#203 4 years ago

...aaaaaaand we're done here. Always nice to see a friendly conversation come to an end.

#204 4 years ago

Now back to our friendly regularly scheduled discussion.

No, I don't pretend to have inside information from Stern. I think you generally get a good idea how well a machine is doing by the buzz around it and how many arcades have that title.
    Not too much love here for WrestleMania nor Nelly. No one is saying those games suck, but more or less that they would play it if someone else had them. I can speak for myself, I have tried Nelly. I grew up in the EM game error and it did nothing for me. And not to mention, a few WrestleMania's for sale even here on Pinside with very low game play.
    Lots of buzz about Kiss and you can tell its going to do well.

#205 4 years ago

Nelly doesn't belong on the list because it was a low volume pin. They'll sell all the ones they make, they just don't plan on making a bunch of them.

#206 4 years ago

Good and Bad titles don't matter. It is about cycle time and theme's. Push them out fast and when one hits great; if not, move to the next one. The problem is if you have a bad theme and you don't have something immediately behind it. Gary knows this and the marketing team at Stern. Cycle time wins every time. Number of theme's / Fast cycle time >>> Great theme's and slow cycle time. Cash flow is king.

#207 4 years ago

Cash is King, but then again so is Steve Ritchie and Elvis Presley. Cash is best, then Steve.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

Why is it when someone doesn't agree with someone else's post, it's a rant? The word is so overused on this forum. Geez!

Amen brotha. I feel your pain.

#209 4 years ago

LE sold out quickly, one is mine, many people wanting to buy!

#210 4 years ago

KISS has a big fanbase and collectors who would not buy a pin at all might consider this one. I have a Bally KISS and it's the only one I want. Not interested in owning one. Creatures was the last good album for crying out freakin'..........

#211 4 years ago

Down here LEs sold out in two days. 60% to existing customers and 40% to first timers. Seems the fans want in.

#212 4 years ago

You can still easily find Mustang LE's, TWDLE's, WWELE's. KISSLE's not so easily. That should say something right there. and with KISS, Premium's were announced from the start. STERN has no plans to make WWE Premiums and still can not sell out WWELE's.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

You can still easily find Mustang LE's, TWDLE's, WWELE's. KISSLE's not so easily. That should say something right there. and with KISS, Premium's were announced from the start. STERN has no plans to make WWE Premiums and still can not sell out WWELE's.

What it says is that a blockbuster theme is still secondary to gameplay. Maybe not so much in the case of WWE (terrible theme to me), but definitely in the case of Walking Dead.

Kiss looks great. I'm not into them at all and still had to think about it. I'm a car nut and my interest waned after seeing it, then totally disappeared after playing it. I ended up buying Star Trek... Not a Trek fan at all, but the code is now filled out and the game is great.

#214 4 years ago

This topic should be the new definition of being wrong.

#215 4 years ago

Yep, in less than a month there are more orders for KISS than Mustang and WWE sales combined! It's a complete failure. LOL!

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yep, in less than a month there are more orders for KISS than Mustang and WWE sales combined! It's a complete failure. LOL!

is this true or only guess? no slight or challenge just are any numbers out there to compare or total sales numbers to date?

1 week later
    #217 4 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Let's recheck your statistics in a couple of months. You're comparing titles that've been out to a title presently being sold.

I know a lot of pinheads. Not one buying a Kiss LE. Now non pinheads buying these? Only individual distro's know these numbers seperately.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Let's recheck your statistics in a couple of months. You're comparing titles that've been out to a title presently being sold.
    I know a lot of pinheads. Not one buying a Kiss LE. Now non pinheads buying these? Only individual distro's know these numbers seperately.

LE sales don't matter as a majority of all sales are done in pros and the Premiums and LE's will be gone as soon as the video of the LE comes out......The Kiss Army will make sure of that. The facts are the pro's are selling big time right out of the gate. It's over Underlord, Kiss is already a success! The Kiss bashers will be listening to Paul Stanley for years to come, I bet 3/4 of them become closet fans.......lol. Just having fun with you brother.... My pro is on the way!

#219 4 years ago

Lmao. I admire your passion. I grew up with Kiss. Not as a pin, but meh. That's just me.

No agenda here, trust me. Wishing Kiss Army the best.

#220 4 years ago

The large sex doll demon head is just too weird for me.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

The large sex doll demon head is just too weird for me.

and people say that Ruddy's head freaks them out and scares small children. I like the look of the game but will hold judgement on game play till after I've played it a few times.

1 week later
    #222 4 years ago

The secret's in the code..... PF layouts vary, but not too much. The combination of good software along with these pfs can make or break a game. The MET pf is kinda 'meh' (except for the art, which is exceptional). Pair it with the outstanding code updates and OMG, everyone loves it. XM, ST & ACDC are in the same boat (IMHO).

Damn, Stern has put out some seriously FUN games in the past few years.

#223 4 years ago

I bought the LE as soon as I saw the ball magnet across the backboard.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

This topic should be the new definition of being wrong.

You can see in message 204 the OP admits Kiss will do well.

I confess myself when I first heard Kiss was coming out I didn't think it would sell well. I am happy to be wrong as well.
    I'm not a Kiss "listener" but I wont knock the band nor the machine. It looks cool!

#225 4 years ago

Well we have an answer to the question. Taken directly from Stern's Facebook page earlier today..
    " We cannot make them fast enough. Even at 100 machines a day times five days a week we are not able to currently keep up with demand. Kiss is one of our bestsellers ever!"

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

That's not hard to fathom.

Quoted from swar:

Well we have an answer to the question. Taken directly from Stern's Facebook page earlier today..
    " We cannot make them fast enough. Even at 100 machines a day times five days a week we are not able to currently keep up with demand. Kiss is one of our bestsellers ever!"

Like Stern will admit one or more prior titles sold bad.

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Like Stern will admit one or more prior titles sold bad.

Why would they?

#228 4 years ago

i cant believe they can build 100 a day. very good stern now get the le's outa the way!

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i cant believe they can build 100 a day. very good stern now get the le's outa the way!

2 Fully stocked and staffed lines should be able to handle 100+ units a day. Looks like they have the storage space in the shipping area to do it as well.

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

If they can build 100 a day, where the hell is my MMR? Not Sterns fault, I just want my game.

3 weeks later
    #231 4 years ago

Kiss is awesome for early code. If coded properly it will be a top 15

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 495.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside