Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG. You're actually making a very clear and very non-defensible argument. You even followed it up with another statement you couldn't defend if you're life depended on it. This is exactly what i don't get about this website, you're free to slander a company, and that is okay. Strange! JJP is in no way trying to be a niche company. Show me some evidence of that!!! Please and if you can I will leave pinside forever!
    Secondly there is no giant not Stern not anyone. This is just another case of you not understanding the coin op world we live in right now... Stern is a blip as is JJP as is all the pinball companies. The companies that make all the money in the coin op world are the companies who sell everything having to do with redemption. When you go to Dave and Busters how many pinball games do you see? When you go to the mass majority of bowling centers how many do you see, or family fun centers, you see almost none ever. So to be clear no pinball manufacturer is what you called GIANT! Pinball falls within the coin op industry, and anyone making pinballs are on the lower side of the industry for several reasons. Most coin op now is either some sort of win something game, or shooter games not pinball. There is however a thriving pincade, and retro arcades thriving but they're actually teh nich not the bowling, family fun center industry.
    So to be clear all pinball is nich which includes Stern! So lets start there. Secondly anyone who makes a pinball game isn't trying to only sell 100 to 500 games and be niche. JJP sold over 5,000 Wizard of Oz pinball games how is that niche? Please explain? WOZ is one of the highest selling pinball games in history again how is that niche? Explain!

Okay here is where I really laugh! JJP has licensed Wizard of Oz, Toy Story from Disney, POTC from Disney, Guns N Roses, and Hobbit from Warner. How is that niche like Spooky? Explain!
    Spooky has licensed nothing, but did some limited run games based on Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. Spooky actually tells you they're doing 500 games max where as with Willy Wonka they are saying 5000 games. How and why should they be compared?
    Lastly, JJP makes their games better than Stern on every single level and I mean every level how is that niche?
    The highest resell value of any pinball made in the last 10 years is all JJP not Stern. How is that niche? Leaving out the failed games where they only made 15 or whatever games, we're talking full production of games. How is that niche? Explain!
    JJP has sold over 1500 Dialed In, over 5000 WOZ, 1000 Pirates, and planning to make thousands more Guns N Roses and Wonka how is that niche?
    Explain!
    All the companies you would call NICHE like American Pinball or Spooky has yet to license a single movie yet you throw them into the same category. Explain!
    The difference here I use facts you just throw out non-sense. You and the other fanboys don't like facts. I get it!
    None of the arguments I've made are to say however that Stern doesn't make more pinball games, doesn't have more experience, more track record, or won't be the future #1 pinball suppliers. Not saying that. But I'm also not saying they will be either... things change fast when your goal is to be #1. Seems Deep Root is making that their goal, who's to say they won't get there? You don't have a crystal ball.
    I'm argue facts! Sorry if facts aren't part of your OPINIONS!

You claim to argue facts but then make statements like “Spooky has licensed nothing,” Spooky did license Rob zombie and Alice Cooper games , not sure why you’d ignore those or claim that since their production was limited that they are not licensed . Also you might be surprised how many games went over the production number of 5,000 , you claim that WOZ with a production run of 5,000 is one of the highest selling pinball games in history . Did you know that Bally Rolling Stones sold 5,700 units ? And a ton of other games have sold over 5,000 units ? If you want to argue using Facts , you should probably use facts .

B218AA78-B567-454B-ADCE-7ED7C462A0F7 (resized).jpegB218AA78-B567-454B-ADCE-7ED7C462A0F7 (resized).jpeg
    #354 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Okay see here is my problem with people on pinside who post what you said... its because you didn't read what I said. Had you given what I said the full read you wouldn't have made this post. BTW I'm not mad or anything, just pointing out if you read what I said you wouldn't have said this.
    1) I didn't claim WOZ was the highest selling game in history, what I said was its one of the highest selling games within the last 10 years. In other words since pinball has made some sort of a comeback, I'm not referring to any heyday era of pinball just today the modern day pinball era. So what are the top selling games I don't see Stern releasing numbers so maybe we'll never know for sure but here is my guess of the top five: WOZ, ACDC, Ghostbusters, Metallica, Star Wars. That would be my guess. My point on this issue is really simple... how can this guy claim JJP is a niche supplier when they sold over 5000 units of WOZ, 1500 Dialed In, 1000 POTC, and so on? How are they a niche pinball company when they license Guns N Roses, Toy Story, Willy Wonka?
    How are they a niche company when they have a massive factory, with clearly the second most employees only to stern? The guys point is not based on facts is my point. Just a JJP hater which is sad.
    2) Again if you go back and read what I said I pointed out that Spooky had license with both Zombie and Alice Cooper. BTW Alice Cooper and Zombie are friends and even tour together. Its my understanding they wanted a pinball game and I doubt very seriously much if any money was dolled out in advance. Rob Zombie is not Queen, Beatles, ACDC, Metallica these two haven't sold millions upon millions of albums. However if you read what I said I said they haven't licensed a film!!! Personally if someone wanted Quiet Riots license I'm sure you could get it fairly easy, along with Zombie and Alice Cooper and their appeal would be niche. Hence Spooky you can argue is a niche pinball supplier. On the other hand Queen, or say Led Zeppelin are far from niche, and would have hundreds of people buying who do not like pinball. To get those licenses you're going to need some credentials same as JJP getting Guns N Roses.
    I think Spooky is doing a great job if they're making money. But they're announcing only 500 of this or that... JJP is announcing 5000 Wonka's are available how does this guy compare Spooky to JJP? Hopefully you see my point!

I read exactly what you wrote your exact words were “WOZ is one of the highest selling pinball games in history again how is that niche?” Yeah you mention games made in the past 10 years a few paragraphs later but that was in reference to resale value of modern games . If you wanted to say WOZ is one of the highest selling games in past 10 years why not just write that instead of what you did write ? And for the record I like JJP and would hate to see them stop making games , I just don’t understand trying to prop them up with false information.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.