Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 4 years ago

Dialed In rocks...my only JJP game to date. Hopefully they will deliver both GNR & Toy Story...I'm very interested in both titles.

#344 4 years ago

WOZ may be "the most beloved movie of all time", but I'll take Dialed In over WOZ any day.

I wanted to be an early adopter of WOZ, but all the early missteps were a big turnoff (and I got my deposit back). After playing a friends, I realized the game wasn't for me anyway.

Pat/Ted did a wonderful job with Dialed In.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Big Dialed In fan here also,I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a Wonka because I love DI so much.
    What’s your thinking on this ?

The license does nothing for me, so I'm not seriously considering it. Need to go play one @ AYCE GOGI (up the road from me). It's possible that after playing it I change my mind (but doubt that will happen). I'm VERY interested in the next 2 under development (GNR/TS).

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

again. if you read my initial post you'd note that i said the sounds sort of blend into the background as you are playing the game. this is something that you can't get from watching a stream in your pj pants and only happens when you are in the thick of the game focusing on actually playing well and making shots.
    to instantly dismiss a game because you didn't like the sounds that you heard on a stream/video/etc while you weren't even playing the game is a bit premature at best.
    sadly... its your loss because the game actually shoots like a champ and the audio really isn't that bad in the overall scope of things (note that i've never said the audio was OMG AMAZING - its passable at best).

So at best, the audio is "meh"? I'm still going to make the trip and see for myself. Have to say, my ONLY ding against my DILE is the sound package. Love David Thiel's work in general, but DI is lacking. The modes are monotone...seems like so much could have been done to create more drama.

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have zero doubt that Pat's talents would sell better with a more appealing package. JJP needs people who aren't engineers making more decisions, that much is clear to me at least from what I understand about how they're run now.

Yep. Was really surprised Toy Story wasn't next in line. I imagine Disney/Pixar would be a better partner (and the Toy Story franchise is much more modern/relevant).

Willy Wonka is almost 50 years old! Seems like the license owners might not be as motivated to engage? (assuming they are alive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.