Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

sorry, but what a silly post.</
    This guy is just trying to stir up more shit.Go away!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

The phone doesn't bother me at all but I do get annoyed with the Sim Card and Phone scoops when there are Cliffy's installed. The game played great without them but the holes weren't designed for the Cliffy so it's reject city! Other than that and the Electric Guy on a stick I really like the game though. I do prefer the gameplay of Wonka though because it doesn't have as many bounce-outs. The Gobstopper hole seems more than fair in lettting the ball in. Starting modes also doesn't seem like such a linear process.

The electric guy on a stick,really bothers you?I think after the last update he’s very implemented in a lot of strategic ways.Try a mantis protector

#69 4 years ago

I really don’t understand people anymore,if you don’t like JJP that’s fine but why try to convince others to not like them.I don’t go into Stern threads and try to convince people to not buy a BK
    ?????

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping JJP lasts for decades ( at least)..As far as your last comment, may want to go read some threads..

Oh believe me I’ve read enough to make my comment

#76 4 years ago

Hey man,we agree on wanting Jack to be successful.My comment was about JY 64 and people that do what he does

#102 4 years ago

Jimwe5t that’s some funny shit,whatever drugs you doing double it and you might make sense

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It took them 4 years to do it. Lol.
    They had a moment in the 80s where they were ok. I used to work in rock radio at the top rock station in a top 50 market. I left that career in 1994, and they were already done long before I left radio.
    For JJP to take a risk on making a pin for a band that hasn’t had a hit since 1991 is a bad business decision.

We will see about that.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

By your logic, a Coldplay pin would be a huge hit. They are just behind G&amp;R on the list of highest grossing tours, with far less dates played, far higher attendance, and a much higher per appearance gross. I hope we can both agree that a Coldplay themed pin is a bad idea.
    No, I don’t think they would sell more than a handful of units, assuming standard JJP pricing. For most people a NIB JJP would be the cornerstone of a collection, and I think most would be embarrassed for that cornerstone to be G&amp;R. I guess we’ll see...
    To be honest, I’m over band pins entirely. It’s been overdone.

I think some bands music lends itself more to a pinball theme more then others.You will agree that GnR's
    music will sound better in a pinball presentation than Coldplay(who I do like by the way)and you can have
    Some great artwork with the guns and the roses.That shit could be badass!

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm already on Pinside</

See now was that so hard?

He has difficulty with being wrong occasionally .

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

No reason to hate the game. It’s loaded with lots of cool mechs and plays rather well. Maybe JJPs pinnacle, along with POTC. It is just plain and simply linear, so becomes rinse repeat over and over. Many find that monotonous after owning it a while. Not much more than only one way to approach the game, makes it boring. The animations on the phone are quite fun, leading to each mode, although.

Dude you do not own a DI or you would not have just made those stupid statements!

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

The real humorous thing is, there is no contest here. Stern is the giant in pinball. JJP is a very small niche player originally designed for collectors. It isn’t Stern vs. JJP, that is ridiculous by any business sense comparison. JJP is a niche boutique player and in the same category as Spooky and other small manufacturers. In all JJP existence they’ve made only 5 games. During that same period, Stern has made many times that and employs 350+ people at their factory. They don’t lay them off constantly like JJP does on their small lines, with lots of temp workers, hence many quality issues coming off the line from time to time. JJP fan boy defenders do give us all a good laugh though, so keep it up. It’s funny, you don’t hear Spooky or other niche fanboys in these threads. Lol

Wow this is the pot calling the kettle black,you spend all your time here like JY64 doing your best to tear down anything JJP.Now that's a fact!

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

WOZ may be "the most beloved movie of all time", but I'll take Dialed In over WOZ any day.
    I wanted to be an early adopter of WOZ, but all the early missteps were a big turnoff (and I got my deposit back). After playing a friends, I realized the game wasn't for me anyway.
    Pat/Ted did a wonderful job with Dialed In.

Big Dialed In fan here also,I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a Wonka because I love DI so much.
    What’s your thinking on this ?

#351 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I've called Wonka Dialed In 2 ... if you like Dialed In you'll love Wonka. Wonka has a movie tie in to another beloved classic so in some ways you'll probably like it better. When you have a party at the house, people will instantly bee line right for the game, because they love the movie!

Your probaly right I’m about 90% there on buying Wonka,just not sure between SE and LE

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

This one is about to chip!
    Two or the 5-6 areas of ripples.
    Glad I’m not interested in this title.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t let that stop you from buying a Wonka,you might get a perfect one.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't even need to play Wonka at Gogi...I already know I hate it from the awful slot machine sound package. Absolute ear torture.

It sounds like owners are saying it’s improved since 1.07 and there will be more updates

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Not my loss at all. I’ve played 100s of pinball machines that “shoot like a champ”. I have no reason to force myself to play a game I don’t like. I’ve got other things to do.

Ah, cmon Greg play it you’ll like it!

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL but will it

Still on the crusade duh

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.