Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4518 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
    3e390749c73b75a5560668c9dcaa8839 (resized).jpg
    F4CCF50F-0196-4459-9FB0-291C04F533FA (resized).png
    IMG_3487 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3491 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3488 (resized).jpg
    superbird (resized).JPG
    cuda1 (resized).JPG
    energizer-bunny (resized).jpg
    20190629_080945 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081014 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081001 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081027 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081051 (resized).jpg
    20190629_081036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 4 years ago

JJP will be here for a LONG time.

I predict different ownership sooner than later.

Jack and crew of course stay.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Eric designed JJP GNR¿?
    LE at minimum, possibly CE, done deal.

It’s doubtful that JJP will ever come close to Potc again or Woz for that matter despite what Jack said from day one

Going the way of Stern. Strip it out and make $$$

It’s just business

“Woz will be just the beginning and it only gets better from here”

Jack G, 2013

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

This post is begging for a reply... clearly you're lost in the woods on this one. Stern has some kind of program to design pinball games, and within that program is the parts available. I don't remember the last time I saw a part on a stern game that hasn't been repeated over and over again. Not to mention they reuse ENTIRE playfield designs like Batman or Beatles. Stern is not being accused of putting much original into their games these days that is just a fact. Look at Black Knight where is anything new there? Where is the effort? No one even the people who like the game are saying anything other than yes the playfield is barron.
    JJP games have a screen twice the size of any Stern game. JJP includes cameras Stern does not. JJP are typically wide body clearly adds cost, Stern are not. In fact when is the last time they did a wide body anyone remember? JJP games for the most part are all powder coated, even LE Munsters wasn't powder coated most of the armor is BLACK.
    JJP is doing things no one has ever seen with playfields like adding metallic flakes never saw Stern do that. But last but not least all JJP games are a one of a kind, designed from scratch with no thought to parts, or how to get them. In other words everytime they do that they must get custom parts where Stern just orders the same things as last time.
    Clearly Stern makes more money off their games, because they don't put as much into them, plus they re-use designs, parts and more. There is good things about that, their games are using tried and true parts, where as JJP are using one of kind parts. Pros and cons here... but give me a break JJP games put three maybe five who knows possibly 10 times more into the games than Stern hence the higher price.
    There is an old saying if you don't like the price don't buy it. I'm no longer buying Stern LE's unless they put some effort into the games to make them worth $9000.00. There isn't a single not a single Stern game that runs $9000 new that has as much into them as an LE JJP. Who can argue that point?
    C'mon!
    Here is the bottom line if JJP dummies down what they do like Stern, which is an option, they can't sell games for $6500.00. Its not possible.
    A standard JJP has more pound for pound than ANY Stern LE by a mile. No one could argue that no one. Now you could argue that a Stern game is more fun, better this or that, but we're not talking about those aspects, just which game put more into the game itself.
    Not a single stern game ever made, ever, has as much creative effort put into the game as anything JJP has ever created. Does Stern have game more fun than JJP yes they do, but they can't make a case they put more into a game than any JJP.
    Why is it JJP starting putting full color screens in their machines from day one, while Stern kept producing typical dot matrix screens for years after?
    There isn't a debate here... JJP puts more into their games, they're more original, more toys, wide body with big screens, simply put the real question is how can Stern charge 9k for black knight, while Wonka LE is the same price. Explain that?

At this point. Only one person agrees with that long diatribe

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Idk. Other than adding callouts I doubt the update would do anything about the style in which they designed the sound package.
    Sound really is too integral to the play of a game for it to be something you can dismiss or overlook. I actually got rid of my Medieval madness years ago because I found the callouts(especially the trolls) to grating. Otherwise I thought the game was pretty cool.

David Thiel was a HUGE loss for JJP...................

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-jjp-survive-past-2020?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.